Reporter feels mob's hate in the Holy City

Hello guy who can't read. Dressed modestly or not,she's a freakin' westerner and obviously non Orthodox in the middle of a huge crowd of whipped up Orthodox protesters. Akin to Bush showing up in the crowd of an anti War rally.

She needs to take a course in common sense, or map reading.

God, learn how to read.

what krusty is trying to say is that she deserved it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize that , and I find it incredible.

KK probably thinks the lady on the bus deserved her beating also, for not getting to the back of the bus.

Cripes ya think Israel is the deep south in the 50's and 60's??

Rosa Parks redux???

No...he's saying she asked for it. We're all captains of our own ships. Much like standing outside a rough bar when a fight breaks out on the sidewalk. If you hang around, you might go from observer to participant in a flash.

No...he's saying she asked for it. We're all captains of our own ships. Much like standing outside a rough bar when a fight breaks out on the sidewalk. If you hang around, you might go from observer to participant in a flash.

she asked for it.. she deserved it... same shit, different pile.

i guess you think the protesters in iran also asked for the beating they received because they were captains of their own ships.

what about the jews in germany who had a chance to get out of germany but didn't? i guess they asked for it too.

Hardly. I doubt anyone deserves to get assaulted by spit. No more than they deserve free dental work for standing outside a bar.

i guess you think the protesters in iran also asked for the beating they received because they were captains of their own ships.

They were certainly warned. Weren't they?

what about the jews in germany who had a chance to get out of germany but didn't? i guess they asked for it too.

Mene, mene, tekel, Parsin

hey dub, I use a variation of that same saying, same shit/ different toilet.

but, it is still all shit! and it still stinks

lol

;)

Another changed poster I see. I said, while they are in the wrong, she also could have avoided this and could have, and should not have, positioned herself in a position where this would happen. After all, these people had a history of being violent towards anything non Orthodox.

I don't know how predictable it was; certainly less so than standing in the middle of a group of Hamas fighters with an IDF missile hurtling towards them. Jews are by and large a fairly civilized people, and one would not and should not expect to be attacked without provocation by them. One should feel safe walking down the streets of Israel, whether one is a man or woman, Israeli or not Israeli, Jewish or non-Jewish, Orthodox or non-Orthodox. This is generally the case, and when it happens to be otherwise, it is not exactly predictable.

Should. However, it was a predictable situation nonetheless.

I was aware that earlier protests had erupted into violence on previous weekends - Orthodox Jews throwing rocks at police, or setting rubbish bins alight, even throwing dirty nappies or rotting rubbish at anyone they perceive to be desecrating the Shabbat.

Another changed poster I see. I said, while they are in the wrong, she also could have avoided this and could have, and should not have, positioned herself in a position where this would happen. After all, these people had a history of being violent towards anything non Orthodox.

Should. However, it was a predictable situation nonetheless.

There's a 75' wall of water heading our way. I think it only fair I should be able to film it safely.

:lol:

There's a 75' wall of water heading our way. I think it only fair I should be able to film it safely.

:lol:

so now you're comparing these jewish extremists to a natural disaster that has no will of its own and no control of its actions?

I think it's obvious that the reporter in question chose to take on some level of personal risk. Taking such risks is also part of her job, and given the environment, I don't think it was an excessive or unreasonable risk to take. She suffered the previously mentioned acts at the hands of protesters, who were then stopped by riot police, clearly demonstrating that such acts are not condoned in Israel.

I don't know what there is to argue or disagree about in this particular case.

so you're saying that these jewish extremists are like birds and shit through their mouths with no control of who they're spitting on? i guess you're right, she asked for it.

Read: All Quiet on the Western Front.

Read: All Quiet on the Western Front.

you're babbling.

why have you only blamed her for what happened and haven't even said one word about how these extremists are wrong?

do you ever excuse wife beating by saying: "she asked for it." ?

you're babbling.

why have you only blamed her for what happened and haven't even said one word about how these extremists are wrong?

do you ever excuse wife beating by saying: "she asked for it." ?

Just because you never read the book or saw the movie doesn't mean I'm babbling.

Re: your comment on wife beating. Just because you feel it is ok to treat women as second class citizens doesn't mean others are like you. Beat your wife or girlfriend if that's what you do but don't be surprized if you end up in jail on assault charges, big man.

Umm, hello apologist, she said she took care to dress modestly and she was still attacked, because she was a woman.

That is why.

God, get a grip on reality.

You don't seem much interested in reality anyway.

Religious wackos are always a problem, wherever they are. Israel has been far too slack with its own version for political reasons. This is what happens when you have proportional representation in parliament. You get a fractured parliament where every little wacko group has 2-3-4 MPs, and a PM needs to gather about fifteen of them together in order to govern.

That being said, spitting, however humiliating, caused her no damage, and compared to the extreme violence evidenced by Muslim religious fanatics, was comparatively mild. Modesty patrol on the bus? Saudi Arabia and Iran have theirs formalized. Women caught dressing or behaving immodestly can be beaten on the spot, or arrested and put in prison. Schoolgirls have been machinegunned in other places by Muslim religious wackos for not wearing the chador - and wanting to be educated.

You don't seem much interested in reality anyway.

Religious wackos are always a problem, wherever they are. Israel has been far too slack with its own version for political reasons. This is what happens when you have proportional representation in parliament. You get a fractured parliament where every little wacko group has 2-3-4 MPs, and a PM needs to gather about fifteen of them together in order to govern.

it is these religious wackos who voted lieberman in and have backed bibi. it is these wackos who have pushed for and succeeded in the expansion of the settlements. the settlements where these wackos live.

the same settlements that are one of the major obstacles of any progress towards a just peace deal.

Are the Haredi really the same group that is behind the Settler Movement? I thought the official Haredi position was that the creation of the State of Israel was a mistake as it is too early for the coming of the Messiah?

That group you refer to is an extremesplinter group. They get a lot of publicity though cause they are the darlings of the quasi fascist israeli haters.

That group you refer to is an extremesplinter group. They get a lot of publicity though cause they are the darlings of the quasi fascist israeli haters.

this extreme group compromises of close to 1/5 of israel's population. that's a big percentage of the population. your claim that they receive a lot of publicity is without merit.

this extreme group compromises of close to 1/5 of israel's population. that's a big percentage of the population. your claim that they receive a lot of publicity is without merit.

I wasn't aware that israel has a population of 10,000

Once again, you haven't a clue what you are talking about and your posts are without merit .

According to The Guardian, "[e]ven among Charedi, or ultra-Orthodox circles, the Neturei Karta are regarded as a wild fringe". [11] Neturei Karta asserts that the mass media deliberately downplays their viewpoint and makes them out to be few in number. Their protests in America are usually attended by, at most, a few dozen people. In Israel, several hundred is typical, depending on the nature of the protest and its location. [12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neturei_Karta

I wasn't aware that israel has a population of 10,000

Once again, you haven't a clue what you are talking about and your posts are without merit .

According to The Guardian, "[e]ven among Charedi, or ultra-Orthodox circles, the Neturei Karta are regarded as a wild fringe". [11] Neturei Karta asserts that the mass media deliberately downplays their viewpoint and makes them out to be few in number. Their protests in America are usually attended by, at most, a few dozen people. In Israel, several hundred is typical, depending on the nature of the protest and its location. [12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neturei_Karta

i thought we were talking about the Haredi, monkey boy?

i thought we were talking about the Haredi, monkey boy?

You thought wrong. Possibly cause you are a moron.

Are the Haredi really the same group that is behind the Settler Movement? I thought the official Haredi position was that the creation of the State of Israel was a mistake as it is too early for the coming of the Messiah?
That group you refer to is an extreme splinter group. They get a lot of publicity though cause they are the darlings of the quasi fascist israeli haters.

You thought wrong. Possibly cause you are a moron.

the haredis are part of the ultra orthodox jews in israel who officially support the expansion of settlements.

these spitting and screaming extremist jews are also part of the ultra orthodox jews who support the expansion of the settlements and the vision of a greater israel.

same shit, different pile.