Does someone have something on Palin?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, somebody has something on Palin, but she's not going to resign for three or four weeks. :rolleyes:

I think we had this discussion a while back. I said if Palin was interested in running for President, she would have to leave Alaska politics because she is just too far away to effectively campaign for it now.

Republicans are already going to Iowa and New Hampshire. If she is interested, she will have he team ready to hit the campaign trail in the fall full-time.

I want to know why she is resigning. She didn't say anything about it. Maybe there is an indictment coming or she maybe she was hiking.

The scuttlebut is that Sarah and Todd Palin's connections with the Alaska Independence Party (link) sunk her. Apparently the cover story, that Todd accidently checked the box for the AIP when meaning to check off "independent" (checking a box at the Board of Elections is how you join parties in this country, unlike Canada where you pay) didn't hold up, since Sarah Palin taped a greeting for an AIP meeting. Relevant excerpt from article linked above:

The episode in question began when an investigative report published on the left-leaning Web site Salon.com raised questions about Palin's relationship with members of the Alaska Independence Party (AIP) when she was mayor of Wasilla. The AIP's platform calls for a vote giving Alaskans the option to secede from the United States. It had already been widely known that Todd Palin was a registered member of the AIP from 1995 to 2002 and that Governor Palin had taped a recorded greeting at the party's 2008 convention.

Palin was attempting to bend the facts ever so slightly to fit neatly into her version of events. In truth, the box that Alaskans have the option of checking when registering to vote states the full name of the party, "Alaskan Independence Party," not "Alaska Independent," which would make an error by uncommitted voters more plausible.

Clearly irritated by what he saw as Palin's attempt to mislead her own campaign and apparently determined to demonstrate that the ultimate authority rested with him, Schmidt put the matter to rest once and for all with a longer response to everyone in the e-mail chain.

"Secession," he wrote. "It is their entire reason for existence. A cursory examination of the website shows that the party exists for the purpose of seceding from the union. That is the stated goal on the front page of the web site. Our records indicate that todd was a member for seven years. If this is incorrect then we need to understand the discrepancy. The statement you are suggesting be released would be innaccurate. The innaccuracy would bring greater media attention to this matter and be a distraction. According to your staff there have been no media inquiries into this and you received no questions about it during your interviews. If you are asked about it you should smile and say many alaskans who love their country join the party because it speeks to a tradition of political independence. Todd loves his country.

In our country, we have no truck with treasonous separatist parties. We lost 600,000 people fighting over that issue, separation. Only true

blockheads in American politics would reach any other conclusion but that separatist politics is intolerable.

In our country, we have no truck with treasonous separatist parties. We lost 600,000 people fighting over that issue, separation. Only true

blockheads in American politics would reach any other conclusion but that separatist politics is intolerable.

States aren't allowed to secede?

I want to know why she is resigning.

You sound like a crying baby. Well, that's great if you want to know why she's resigning. But it doesn't mean you will. It could be for a thousand different reasons. Perhaps she's tired of her family be the targets of the media and vicious members of the left. Who knows.

States aren't allowed to secede?
No.

The Constitution has procedures for admitting states, and none for secession. That strongly implies that secession is not allowed.

Remember also, Alaska came in as the equivalent of a "have-not" state with profound poverty and backwardness. The worm turned in 1977 with the opening of Prudhoe Bay. You don't get to renegotiate your application for Statehood when circumstances make independence preferable to statehood.

Your country should similarly have no truck with separatism.

It's very odd that Palin would choose not to fulfill her responsiblities and complete her term if she planned on continuing a career in politics. Such blatant hubris rarely plays well with voters. If she were serious about running in 2012, I think she would have been much better off finishing her term. It certainly makes you wonder what she's thinking.

Then again, the reason she gave in her speech is that she wanted to call off the dogs in the ethics investigation against her. I guess she had a lot to hide.

Edited by BubberMiley

It appears a bunch of emails were released yesterday could this have something to do with?

To republicans you need to play down expectations coming here and saying she could never do anything wrong will make terrible for you if something comes out which I think it will.

Update: Looks like there might be a criminal investigation in the works. Please keep telling how wonderful she is so I can quote you when it comes down the pipe.

Edited by punked

It's very odd that Palin would choose not to fulfill her responsiblities and complete her term if she planned on continuing a career in politics. Such blatant hubris rarely plays well with voters. If she were serious about running in 2012, I think she would have been much better off finishing her term. It certainly makes you wonder what she's thinking.

She said much can be done to “fight for all our children’s future from outside the governor’s office.” Sounds like she's keeping her options open. What is it she intends to do? That's the question she left unanswered.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/04/us/polit...ref=global-home

If her successor does a good job as Gov. of Alaska, who will remember in two years time that she quit before the end of her mandate? I suppose her enemies will. But as far as voters, they most often have short memories about such things.

She said much can be done to “fight for all our children’s future from outside the governor’s office.” Sounds like she's keeping her options open. What is it she intends to do? That's the question she left unanswered.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/04/us/polit...ref=global-home

If her successor does a good job as Gov. of Alaska, who will remember in two years time that she quit before the end of her mandate? I suppose her enemies will. But as far as voters, they most often have short memories about such things.

She said she out of politics for good too. Something is really fishy and I would say stop spinning until you know what it is.

She said she out of politics for good too. Something is really fishy and I would say stop spinning until you know what it is.

Maybe you should try the same thing.

Anyways, punked is just part of the same ilk that hit rock-bottom today. This was from the Huffington Post...

Palin Will Run In '12 On More Retardation Platform

In Sarah Palin's resignation announcement she complained about the treatment of her son Trig who always teaches her life lessons. She said that the world needs more Trigs, not fewer. That's a presidential campaign promise we can all get behind. She will be the first politician to actually try to increase the population of retarded people. To me, it's kinda like saying the world needs more cancer patients because they teach us so much.

Link

Is it any wonder she had a second thought about a career in national politics? Knowing that her family would be subjected to this kind of treatment. Once again, I'm sure we all know what would happen to anyone who treated Sasha and Malia in a similar fashion. And I haven't heard as much as a whisper spoken about them, even by the disgusting Hannity's and Limbaugh's of the world.

In other words, we legislate with legislation and you legislate with firearms. Makes perfect sense.

Secession was declared illegal before the actual resort to arms.