Massacre in Tehran

Ha! Isn't that a bitch? The mighty ruling clerics pre-empted by MJ and his Mr. Potato Head noses. Maybe they are glad at the distraction. After all, how many records do Iranian acts sell ? :lol:

Record sales pre-empt morality? Of course - Jim Morrison made more money dead than alive..says a lot of who we are...thrilled by death and contemptuous of life ---- Thriller -----Thriller ----dead people dancing and Michael Jackoff leading the Zombies.....well Mike got white and he should be back to black soon.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you please explain that another time, more carefully. Bad guys? Good guys?

To me, it's rather simple. Americans (Bush, Obama) are good guys. Why? The US is a democracy. Israelis are also good guys because they too are a democracy.

What is a democracy?

To me, there is a simple defintiion of democracy and my definition is not connected to how many candidates exist in an election, or even whether the State controls the media, even during an election. To me, democracy is simply a question of whether there's a peaceful way to get rid of the idiots/buggers in power.

So, in the end it all comes down to defining "me" as the "good guy" (because I am a "democracy" i.e. I know who's a "bugger" who's not, and I've a better way of "getting rid" of them)?

Over the last decades Iran have known progressive presidents, and nationalistic ones (like the current), while (again, over decades) the democracies certainly had their measure of political unrest. Can we really make the call on who is the "bugger" or "democracy" based on one episode, or maybe on our omniscient given from above knowledge of what is good / what not?

No I'm not saying that Iran's regime is a democracy, most likely not, and certainly not in the Western understanding of the word. That by itself does not make it illegitimate, though. This is one big difference between the two views on the world, one making only one, my (surprise!) way of doing things right and superior to all others, the other recognizing that it's only one of many, and attempting find common notions and approaches with people regardless of their views on organisation of their power structures (surprisingly, this seem to bother us much less in some cases than in the others - take e.g. Egypt; Saudi Arabia, dictatorships in Latin America awhile back; highly dubious warlord "democracy" we're building in Afghanistan now). And indeed, over time people in Iran may decide to make the change, perhaps even to more of a Western style democracy. We should welcome such change but let it happen on terms and in the time defined by the people themselves, not some self appointed democratic apostle half globe away. I'm hearing that in Obama's approach, and that's much welcome fresh air from the "global powerhouse democracy" courtesy of our warplanes by G.Bush.

You are not a nationalist (family) if you persist on killing national members or your own family - this is akin to a stern and crazed father beating his children to death - this is not a father of a nation - or a nationalist or a supreme leader - in order to be followed as a leader the people must love you and you must love the people...as we know Islam is not Christianity - and Mohamids last concern were chidren - seeing he never had any though his marriage to the rich old lady.

.... We should welcome such change but let it happen on terms and in the time defined by the people themselves, not some self appointed democratic apostle half globe away. I'm hearing that in Obama's approach, and that's much welcome fresh air from the "global powerhouse democracy" courtesy of our warplanes by G.Bush.

Not so much...Obama is using the same warplanes.

Not so much...Obama is using the same warplanes.

Not to mention it takes time and money to make a 'warplane'. The B-1 bomber first flew in 1974. The B-2 in 1989. The last B-52 came off the line in what? 1962? One can't afford to take a president 'off' in terms of making 'warplanes'.

(no worries BC-2004...I know YOU know.)

As a sideline for the lefties. The B-36 Peacemaker...one of the largest 'warplanes' planes ever made...was never used in action. It kept the peace.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B-36

Cold War Trivia: A B-36 crashed in British Columbia back in the early 1950s after jettisoning its atomic cargo near the Queen Charlottes. Lots of James Bond action there...

http://www.mysteriesofcanada.com/BC/broken_arrow.htm

Here's Jimmy Stewart (a real pilot in the air force) taking one off...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wvEzhyY9F4

(note: did you spot M*A*S*H's Col Potter??)

Edited by DogOnPorch

Schweeet.....Six churning and four burning....Mama Mia! :lol:

God are you ever the best little war monger informative that the nation has ever known - I suppose you were an officer? So what's it like to have experience and an arsenal that you will never use because you are an old man now..well - older//?

God are you ever the best little war monger informative that the nation has ever known - I suppose you were an officer? So what's it like to have experience and an arsenal that you will never use because you are an old man now..well - older//?

It smells like petroleum...I love the smell of petroleum in the morning....smells like.......victory. :lol:

Never using them was the whole idea.....but make no mistake.....we were ready to do so. The fun part was making Playboy pinups in ASCII art on the targeting computer.

It smells like petroleum...I love the smell of petroleum in the morning....smells like.......victory. :lol:

I thought it was Napalm...

Never using them was the whole idea.....but make no mistake.....we were ready to do so.

Gawd, what is it bout you 'merikkkans and that catch-phrase? Ever since Bush started using it, "Make no mistake...", y'all like to use it, like, all the time.