Should Pharmacist who shot teen armed robber be jailed?

Too bad he wasn't a muslim

Do you think, unlike the other situation, he will never rob again?

This story has a better outcome most certainly, no one was hurt. the store owner had a gun and the robber had a bat. Makes for better odds it will turn out a harmless event.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard an interview with the guy and his lawyer and the story goes............

Guy is messed up and just had surgery and can hardly move. Gets robbed and shoots one masked guy (has no idea of how old they are).

Chass other guy out the store. Returns and hears screaming from gal in back room, figures one of the gals is down and wants to check but .......... can't leav potentially lethal robber able to inflict harm on floor and, can't kick or hit with a club as he is messed up so, does the next best thing (in his mind) and caps the guy a few times to be sure.

Ends up one gal was screaming to freind who was in shock from being ini panic on the floor in one of the back rooms.

Cops come, sure, it's murder. But with a story so they charge him and free he is waiting to tell his story.

From this, I get two morals;

1. Don't rob stores.

2. If working in a store, have a really big gun so when you drll 'em, nothing is left so going back is not necessary.

Guy is messed up and just had surgery and can hardly move.
Chass other guy out the store.

That would suggest he can move. The problem with his defense is that the store video doesn't backup his story. It shows he walked past the guy without concern. He'll likely be found guilty of 2nd degree murder but given some leniency.

That would suggest he can move. The problem with his defense is that the store video doesn't backup his story. It shows he walked past the guy without concern. He'll likely be found guilty of 2nd degree murder but given some leniency.

In Oklahoma I will be surprised if he isn't let off. If it were in one of the New England States I might think differently.

Funny how justice differs based upon politics. Sotomayor may decide differently than some white guy.

It shows he walked past the guy without concern.

Are you the thought police now? You know exactly what he was thinking and feeling as he was walking by? Most people in his situation, would be feeling shock, not peace and tranquility.

Edited by Shady

If I remember right he addressed that saying he was checking on the status of one of the girls and walked into one of the back rooms, didn't see them and capped the guy prior to looking in the other room(s).

Also, when I said 'chased' possibly I should have said followed. Also, never seeing the vid myself or the guy, I've only hard him and he sounds a bit retarded as his speech is slow and weird if that makes a difference.

Very unfortunate...the Pharmacist has paid the price - the robber has paid the price - I say it's about even and no one should be jailed...unless the Pharmacist is a crazy mother who gloats and enjoys killing - then jail him out of sheer spite and just revenge for being a jerk.

even under rules of war shooting a wounded and incapcitated person is murder...

Yes. Tell that to the killers of Leon Klinghoffer. Or do you make an exception for that given that the killers were fighters and the victim was a Zionist Jew?

The real point of contention here is that the clerk went back and shot the wounded robber with the intent of ensuring he was dead even though the situation appeared to no longer be a matter of self-defense.

The case in Texas where a citizen shot two robbers who had robbed his neighbours home and were now on his property ended with charges being dropped. Should charges be dropped in this case?

Sometimes this kind of action can turn a place around. In many respect, Bernie Goetz (link) helped revitalize Manhattan when he stood up to the subway thugs.