Liberal Minority Government

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The current evidence and trend shows a broken, KAPUT Republican party in the States (because smart Americans smashed it) + a surging Liberal party (because the vast majority of Canadians choose to vote against Harper).

http://votestrategic.ca/ownwords.htm

Those smart americans will be broke in no time - and they have increased their parochial outlook - which will cause canadians some serious financial grief

Prediction - President Zero will eventually have the lowest approval rating in recent history as the US buck becomes worthless due to a doubling of the national debt within the first few months of being in power - he is probably the most dangerous man on earth at present.

Zero is not a popular man in the middle east - and I am NOT talking just Israel.

And the idiots in canada country will follow suit.

Only good liberal is one who WAS in power - they will take us down with the americans - but .... they will make us feel good while doing it! And if they do not get back into power that transplanted american will go back to his home in the U.S. and go back to teaching - too bad he does not do it now - we would all be better off.

Borg

Edited by Borg

Those smart americans will be broke in no time - and they have increased their parochial outlook - which will cause canadians some serious financial grief

Prediction - President Zero will eventually have the lowest approval rating in recent history as the US buck becomes worthless due to a doubling of the national debt within the first few months of being in power - he is probably the most dangerous man on earth at present.

Zero is not a popular man in the middle east - and I am NOT talking just Israel.

And the idiots in canada country will follow suit.

Only good liberal is one who WAS in power - they will take us down with the americans - but .... they will make us feel good while doing it! And if they do not get back into power that transplanted american will go back to his home in the U.S. and go back to teaching - too bad he does not do it now - we would all be better off.

Borg

That's too cynical.

Instead, strive for greater things for humanity, such as the destruction of the Northern Neo-Conservatives (Harperites).

The Neo-Conservative cult has collapsed.

It is intellectually IMPOTENT, and in denial.

Don't talk about intellectual impotence if the most substantial argument you can come up with is to use clichéd and meaningless labels for something you don't even understand.

Intellectually impotent is posting on the forums with the name "KingIggy", thus making it explicitly clear that you're not here to actually debate anything, but rather to cheerlead Ignatieff and label anyone who doesn't share your hard on for him as the previously mentioned "Neo-Con"

I can go on, but in the short time you've been here you've made it quite clear you're nothing but a clown.

Just thought I'd give you some reference material consistent with the intellectual depth of your premise:

DENNIS: Listen -- strange women lying in ponds distributing swords

is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power

derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical

aquatic ceremony.

ARTHUR: Be quiet!

DENNIS: Well you can't expect to wield supreme executive power

just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

ARTHUR: Shut up!

DENNIS: I mean, if I went around sayin' I was an empereror just

because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me they'd

put me away!

ARTHUR: Shut up! Will you shut up!

DENNIS: Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system.

ARTHUR: Shut up!

DENNIS: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

HELP! HELP! I'm being repressed!

ARTHUR: Bloody peasant!

DENNIS: Oh, what a give away. Did you here that, did you here that,

eh? That's what I'm on about -- did you see him repressing me,

you saw it didn't you?

Iggy can think he's God all he wants, but the CPC has some damning footage of him denouncing Canada and saying how happy he is to be American. That will cost him any perspective gains in Quebec and much of the rest of the country.

Either way, neither part deserves to win. I'd rather have it exactly deadlocked so that nothing can be done. That's the best option right now. At this rate, both parties would be very willing to sell our future for a few quick votes in Windsor and Oshawa.

This is your idea of thread material? No reason, no argument, no synopsis, just trolling statements like these:

And:

The current evidence and trend shows a broken, KAPUT Republican party in the States (because smart Americans smashed it) + a surging Liberal party (because the vast majority of Canadians choose to vote against Harper).

Which, btw, doesn't even make sense.

Threads like this actually make me long for dobbin. I can't believe I just said that.

A minority government is much closer to the american model when the president doesn't have control of congress, which is the norm. He can't pass anything without the other parties' agreement. Only difference is the other parties can't call an election.

That will cost him any perspective gains in Quebec and much of the rest of the country.

Not likely. He will make gains no matter what. The question is whether or not the gains will be large enough to allow him to form a government.

Do you think Canadians have already forgotten the Liberal parties corruption, and lies, this quickly?

I shudder to think where we might end up with the fiberals in charge here, and the obamalama running the show south of us! :blink:

A minority government is much closer to the american model when the president doesn't have control of congress, which is the norm. He can't pass anything without the other parties' agreement. Only difference is the other parties can't call an election.

Close only counts in horse shoes, hand grenades and nuclear weapons.

Iggy can think he's God all he wants, but the CPC has some damning footage of him denouncing Canada and saying how happy he is to be American. That will cost him any perspective gains in Quebec and much of the rest of the country.

There's just as much, if not more, damning footage of Harper. It wasn't so long ago that Harper didn't even pretend to be a centrist. If it's a battle of whose the badder dudge, methinks Harper will lose. Heck, even the old Red Tories still think he's the devil incarnate, but, for the moment, they've felt it necessary to sell their souls.

Either way, neither part deserves to win. I'd rather have it exactly deadlocked so that nothing can be done. That's the best option right now. At this rate, both parties would be very willing to sell our future for a few quick votes in Windsor and Oshawa.

I dunno how anything will sell in those places after this morning.

The difference is, everyone has seen Harper's embarrassing moments, but Iggy denouncing Canada, the fact that he's spent most of his adult life out of the country and whatever else has been dug up on him is going to knock the stuffing out of the Liberal campaign.

Bring it on.

The difference is, everyone has seen Harper's embarrassing moments, but Iggy denouncing Canada, the fact that he's spent most of his adult life out of the country and whatever else has been dug up on him is going to knock the stuffing out of the Liberal campaign.

Bring it on.

Dismiss Iggy at your own rightwing policy peril.