Chrysler Dearships Closing---Are Republicans being Targeted?

A tipster alerted me to an interesting assertion. A cursory review by that person showed that many of the Chrysler dealers on the closing list were heavy Republican donors.

To quickly review the situation, I took all dealer owners whose names appeared more than once in the list. And, of those who contributed to political campaigns, every single one had donated almost exclusively to GOP candidates. While this isn't an exhaustive review, it does have some ominous implications if it can be verified.

However, I also found additional research online at Scribd (author unknown), which also appears to point to a highly partisan decision-making process. . . .

I have thus far found only a single Obama donor (and a minor one at that: $200 from Jeffrey Hunter of Waco, Texas) on the closing list.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124344262081759057.html

As they say...Chicago Politics...

I've heard this as well and just can't believe they would be so petty. No doubt some serious digging is being done right now, and if this proves to be true I hope the MSM has the moxie to report the truth regarding their hero, instead of just carrying his water again.

As they say...Chicago Politics...
They said the same about the $800 billion stimulus package. It was heavily weighted to various Democrat boondoggles and pet projects.

But here's another tidbit.

I don't have the links now but I recall noticing that a 2008 electoral map of majority blue (Democrat) counties matches up closely with the counties where foreclosures are high. IOW, Democrats tend to be people who can't manage their personal finances and tend to look to the government to bail them out.

I've been reading some instances where successful dealerships have been asked to close. I'm guessing it's just Obama's outlook on economics. Afterall, if those greedy successful dealerships weren't around, then the crappy failing ones might not be doing so badly. It's his way to once again try to "even out the odds" so-to-speak. The same way he magically, and against the law, gave the U.A.W 55% ownership in Chrysler and 39% ownership in GM, even though they held a much smaller percentage of GM and Chrysler bonds. Meanwhile, private bondholders get a big Obama screw job with 10% ownership even though they hold a much larger percentage of the auto company bonds.