Israel's secret plan for West Bank expansion

dub

Palestinians condemn 'extremely dangerous' scheme to grow settlement

By Ben Lynfield in Jerusalem

Monday, 27 April 2009

Israel has taken a step towards expanding the largest settlement in the West Bank, a move Palestinians warn will leave their future state unviable and further isolate its future capital, East Jerusalem

The Israeli Peace Now group, which monitors settlement growth, said it had obtained plans drawn up by experts that the interior ministry had commissioned which call for expanding the sprawling Maale Adumim settlement near Jerusalem southward by 1200 hectares, placing what is now the separate smaller settlement of Kedar within Maale Adumim's boundaries.

The expansion is on a highly sensitive piece of real estate that both sides see as holding the key to whether the Palestinians will have a viable state with their own corridor between the north and south parts of the West Bank.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday, 27 April 2009

Israel has taken a step towards expanding the largest settlement in the West Bank, a move Palestinians warn will leave their future state unviable and further isolate its future capital, East Jerusalem

The Israeli Peace Now group, which monitors settlement growth, said it had obtained plans drawn up by experts that the interior ministry had commissioned which call for expanding the sprawling Maale Adumim settlement near Jerusalem southward by 1200 hectares, placing what is now the separate smaller settlement of Kedar within Maale Adumim's boundaries.

The expansion is on a highly sensitive piece of real estate that both sides see as holding the key to whether the Palestinians will have a viable state with their own corridor between the north and south parts of the West Bank.

And where in this article does it state that Israel intends on removing the blemish of Palestinians from Gaza and the West Bank?

Monday, 27 April 2009

Werll I guess it is no longer a secret.

Well really who cares.........the Pals are nothing more than terrorist's for the most part anyway, anything Israel does to them they bring on themselves! Their problem!

yup, I guess it is, just like it the woman's problem she got raped coz she was wearing a sexy short skirt, must of brought it on to herself eh?

Monday, 27 April 2009

Hmmm ....

A real secret plan?

Nope

Just another day in the middle east - some of which - even when you see it you cannot believe it.

I am sure I could find a set of headlines with Hamas or PA "Secret Plans" as well - it is all part of the mis-information war that takes place.

Try and find something a bit more impressive please - if you can.

In the meantime - try to carry on with out too many racist thoughts for the day dub - if you can.

You little childish little instigator you ...... enjoy your pablum this morning? :P

Borg

wow - some people get really sensitive when israeli atrocities are mentioned.

israel decides to build illegal settlements after demolishing palestinian homes on palestinian land and then i'm called a racist. this anti-semitism card is a "little" overused. especially by the intellectually challenged.

wow - some people get really sensitive when israeli atrocities are mentioned.

israel decides to build illegal settlements after demolishing palestinian homes on palestinian land and then i'm called a racist. this anti-semitism card is a "little" overused. especially by the intellectually challenged.

and palestinians get sentenced to death for selling land to israelis....where is the outrage?

and palestinians get sentenced to death for selling land to israelis....where is the outrage?

even if the sentences will never be implemented, it's a pretty shitty thing for the court to do. but yeah, wtf?

imagine someone comes and kicks you out of your house, demolishes and builds a new one for himself then shrugs and says: "you were having a fight with your wife!"

you are ridiculous.

imagine someone comes and kicks you out of your house, demolishes and builds a new one for himself then shrugs and says: "you were having a fight with your wife!"

You are imagining things...but who knows....please find a citation for the above before I call you ridiculous...

you're not clear. are you asking me to give you a citation on my analogy?

So you make a fictitous and imaginary analogy in contrast to something that has has taken place and you have the balls to call me ridiculous?

:lol::lol:

So you make a fictitous and imaginary analogy in contrast to something that has has taken place and you have the balls to call me ridiculous?

:lol::lol:

your response to the situation is ridiculous. just as ridiculous as the response of the man in the analogy.

you're having a bad day today.

My response is factual, yours is made up...

get some air. you're not getting it. maybe one day you'll discover the meaning of analogy and how they can be used to demonstrate a ridiculous reply to a situation.

who cares and what does a sentence by the palestinian court that will never be implemented have anything to do with israel demolishing palestinian homes and stealing their land? nothing.

you are ridiculous.

have anything to do with israel demolishing palestinian homes and stealing their land? nothing.

How do you know it won't be implemented? They have executed people before for selling land to jews.

Kind of makes the claim. "land stolen" absurd when there are people willing to sell and to buy.

even if the sentences will never be implemented, it's a pretty shitty thing for the court to do. but yeah, wtf?

you are ridiculous.

I'm sorry, so sorry

Please accept my apology

But love was blind

And I was too blind to see

---Brenda Lee

How do you know it won't be implemented? They have executed people before for selling land to jews.

Kind of makes the claim. "land stolen" absurd when there are people willing to sell and to buy.

how do i know? because it has happened before. how do you know the sentence will be implemented?

what does a few palestinians wanting to sell land because he's desperate for money have anything to do with all of the land being stolen by israel?

can you surprise me for once and not say something ridiculous?

what does a few palestinians wanting to sell land because he's desperate for money have anything to do with all of the land being stolen by israel?

What country has Israel 'stolen' land from? In 1967, Gaza belonged to Egypt; the West Bank (so-called) belonged to Jordan. Since those days (6 Day War/Yom Kippur), Egypt and Jordan (the losers after attacking) have dropped their claims to these areas leaving them under Israel's military control. No further effort on their part re: the Palestinians forthcoming other than supporting terrorist elements under-the-table.

So maybe a different word than 'stolen' is needed.

Edited by DogOnPorch

your response to the situation is ridiculous. just as ridiculous as the response of the man in the analogy.

you're having a bad day today.

No like me he just gets annoyed with the usual approach you and some others take

where you restate the conflict in one sided, simplistic, emotional and partisan terms that dismisses

anything but your opinion as evidenced by you continuing to call people foolish simply

because they disagree with you.

Edited by Rue

There's also another elephant in the room - the issue of how the state was created in already populated by other people lands. As is the case with our highly selective visions of this world, we like to pretend (maybe even believe?) that when the world was created (about 4 decades back) and the lights went on on Day 1, the state was already there, surrounded by all those vicious fiends. Like nothing (and nobody) was there, and nothing has happened before. Good luck. Till Israel (and the West with is, as its staunch and unconditional supporter) find some way of dealing with the unpleasanties of the past, all and without exceptions and omissions, I wouldn't raise much hope for a lasting peace in the region.