Who is more "Canadian" - Martin or Harper?

The idea of running around the country, solving every problem, being the main guy with an answer to everything - that strikes me as American.

Explaining your point politely in a civil tone, but with honesty and panache(?), because you believe it, and explaining it with patience many times, that strikes me as Canadian.

As purely a question of style, hot vs cold, cool vs uncool, on vs off, who represents better Canada: Martin or Harper, (or ok, Layton).

Layton is a non-issue.

Is the question who "represents" Canada better or "who is able to represent Canada Better?"

I will only address the second. Harper has been tainted by his Alberta first remarks of the past amoung other things. He an extremely bland person who has little if any natural style or fire.

Harper, belongs in provincial politics and if Klein ever stepped aside he'd be the first in line to take the job. He hasn't proven himself capable of leading the country and hasn't established a solid relationship with the rest of the country.

Is this answering the question?

Well most Canadian or most in a hurry.

Kanada Dry, Martin doesn't really inspire me either. He's yesterdays' man. This is where the opposition has really let the country down.

When Chretien anounced his retirement they should have gone after Martin but instead gave him a free ride.

The political outlook for Canada in general is pretty bleak.

Kanada Dry, Martin doesn't really inspire me either. He's yesterdays' man. This is where the opposition has really let the country down.

When Chretien anounced his retirement they should have gone after Martin but instead gave him a free ride.

There's a big age difference - over 20 years - between the two yet Harper seems the more mature one.

As to the free ride, I think the Tories have done as well as they could have under the circumstances.

But you're right. If not for the Bloc, this sponsorship deal probably would have gone to sleep. And Harper seems an awfully quiet fellow. On the other hand, maybe the idea is that Martin is his own best opposition.

That's a loaded question.

If you're a liberal,and believe in their non ethical and non

sensible approach to governing,obviously Martin is all

Canadian,bar none.

If you are a conservative,and common sense plus a vision to work through what is best for ALL Canadians is

what represents a real Canadian leader,then your man is

Harper.

So in the end,the voters will decide what Canadians most want the world to know us as.

If the liberals win even a minority government,then kiss the ground you walk on goodbye,because it will never be the same again,and not worth the spit the liberals have sprayed on it. :angry: