Polish F-16 Demo

Here is a nice demo of the poor man's F-35. Poland will fly MiG-29s right next to their squadrons of Block 52 F-16s (as long as the spares hold out).

My best writing buddy and friend was a Polish Ukraninan Canadain born comedian. We would cook lamb in the back of my place and drink Volka..we would do little skits to amuse ourselves and the kids...We set up the Polish Astronaut Training center ...right there in the field - It consisted of a tree - a step ladder and a rope that hung from the tree with a crate attatched - we would sit in the box and give it a spinning swing....we were quite drunk and we would run dialogue....The whole rift was based on being highly proud of old school technolgy...imagine a Lada on a rope and prematurly bald Bill doing a narative as I swung him out over the cedar hedge.....Okay - If you Americans want some cheap high low tech training devise - I am sure Bill can set up the sale.

Continued: Boy what a pilot! Not like me to check out a link. It's very impressive that this thing can move about like a sparrow...never knew that these speed machines were capable of such safe tight turns -- wonder if the flyer had a pressure tube around his neck - to resist the G-force. :lol: --- what makes this a remarkable video is not so much the machine but the level of talent and physical fitness of the pilot..This is a superhuman airman - The human factor impressed me. The fact that such a high level of strenght and concentration exists in some people.

Nice vid. Nuthin' wrong with the ol' F-16.

Here's an oldie but goodie.

A devil to land apparently.

Very old...and very good indeed. As we have discussed before, the RA-5C would out run its F-4 fighter protection in 'Nam. It had a very clean design..just like the...oh no.... here we go again! :lol:

Edited by bush_cheney2004

--- what makes this a remarkable video is not so much the machine but the level of talent and physical fitness of the pilot..This is a superhuman airman - The human factor impressed me. The fact that such a high level of strenght and concentration exists in some people.

Right....I think this is a demo with test pilot to close the Polish FMS deal. Few military pilots reach this level of skill, nor do they have to. "Maverick" came from Hollywood.

Very old...and very good indeed. As we have discussed before, the RA-5C would out run its F-4 fighter protection in 'Nam.

I love the Viet-Nam era aircraft. I made dozens of F-4 models (Navy and Air Force) back as a teen. Cunningham and Driscoll's famous Phantom and such (worked in a hobby store...lol). The RA-5C was one of those unsung Navy aircraft, in my opinion. Same with the A-3 Skywarrior.

Very old...and very good indeed. As we have discussed before, the RA-5C would out run its F-4 fighter protection in 'Nam.

Some instruments are made by people that are artists..this piece of machinery is simply very very good...can't believe I am talking weapons with you ---- It's kind of like you showing me your favourite old sword --- no Cheney Bush --- we are not going out to wage war and wear armour for old times sake - things have changed....I'm no longer in the knight freelance buisness.... :lol:

I love the Viet-Nam era aircraft. I made dozens of F-4 models (Navy and Air Force) back as a teen. Cunningham and Driscoll's famous Phantom and such (worked in a hobby store...lol). The RA-5C was one of those unsung Navy aircraft, in my opinion. Same with the A-3 Skywarrior.

Too bad...maybe we sniffed too much Testor's model airplane glue. Years ago, I bought my kid a WW2 F4U Corsair kit and he looked at me like I was nuts when he opened the box. "I have to build and paint it?", he asked in dismay. So I explained the tradition of model building and hanging them from the ceiling with monofilament fishing line.

He thought I was old and crazy....."just buy the video game".

Some instruments are made by people that are artists..this piece of machinery is simply very very good...can't believe I am talking weapons with you ---- It's kind of like you showing me your favourite old sword --- no Cheney Bush --- we are not going out to wage war and wear armour for old times sake - things have changed....I'm no longer in the knight freelance buisness.... :lol:

No need to fight in this case....hell, the F-16 dates back to the mid 1970's. NATO and Israel just frickin' loves 'em. I forget why Canada chose the F-18, but the Fighting Falcon has always been fun to drive.

Too bad...maybe we sniffed too much Testor's model airplane glue. Years ago, I bought my kid a WW2 F4U Corsair kit and he looked at me like I was nuts when he opened the box. "I have to build and paint it?", he asked in dismay. So I explained the tradition of model building and hanging them from the ceiling with monofilament fishing line.

He thought I was old and crazy....."just buy the video game".

It was like fat Mikey who used to go into Comforts's store - for his fifth tube of airplane glue that day ---Mr. Comfort: "Nice to see a boy hard at work doing something creative - so mike how many planes you made" - Mike did not make plains, but he heard fighter jets go by in the basement.... :rolleyes: The more adventureous kids would toss out the unassembled plane and just go for the toxic gusto - and be the plane --- untill mum notice the yellow plastic nose ring. <_<

It was like fat Mikey who used to go into Comforts's store - for his fifth tube of airplane glue that day ---Mr. Comfort: "Nice to see a boy hard at work doing something creative - so mike how many planes you made" - Mike did not make plains....

Sure....we had kids who would huff glue from a paper bag.....these were the guys who never painted their models!

Plus some of the kits were complicated.....buiding a complete Revell 1/48 scale B-17G Flying Fortress took a lot of time and patience. Huffers need not apply.

Frankly, I am looking forward to my last years at the R/C aircraft club just being a kid again with more expensive toys.

Sure....we had kids who would huff glue from a paper bag.....these were the guys who never painted their models!

Plus some of the kits were complicated.....buiding a complete Revell 1/48 scale B-17G Flying Fortress took a lot of time and patience. Huffers need not apply.

Frankly, I am looking forward to my last years at the R/C aircraft club just being a kid again with more expensive toys.

There was a club on a rural road near my place of origin...great hobbyist with great toys - Myself - my childhood home was on a lake just north of Toronto - Planes came in over the house and almost touched the TV antenna - it was like living at an airport - It was so cool to feel the spray and power when an Otter or 12 seater Beaver would back up to our dock and go full throtle for take off - what a noise! Then - one time a small float plane came in and tipped a wing in the water and went down - just the tail sticking up..So I got my flippers and mask - and dove down and slipped inside to do some slavage work --

-- I was about 12 --- at the end of the week I had the seats - the compass and other stuff set up in my room - I left the shoes and wallet in the plane....the guy came to get his stuff - My mother was bright --- she never struck me - but she wacked me across the face in front of the pilot - he said "You did not have to do that mam" - But mum was clever - she defused the situation and potential legal problems....I made my own adventures as a kid - I always wanted to make a huge kite and launch the cat - and if that worked my little brother would have been next.

.....I made my own adventures as a kid - I always wanted to make a huge kite and launch the cat - and if that worked my little brother would have been next.

Ha! We didn't need no steenkin' video games. I remember a particularly cruel game called "Hide the Belt", which basically mimicked corporal punishment by parents as daytime fun! One kid would hide a leather belt and whoever found it got to beat everybody elses ass until safe at home base. No batteries or software required.

No need to fight in this case....hell, the F-16 dates back to the mid 1970's. NATO and Israel just frickin' loves 'em. I forget why Canada chose the F-18, but the Fighting Falcon has always been fun to drive.

Two engines for one thing. Canada is not a good place to have an engine failure on a single engine aircraft at any time, particularly in an arctic winter or over water. There were other reasons as well.

Nice tight routine from the F-16 though, nice steady hand from the person holding the camera as well.

Ha! We didn't need no steenkin' video games. I remember a particularly cruel game called "Hide the Belt", which basically mimicked corporal punishment by parents as daytime fun! One kid would hide a leather belt and whoever found it got to beat everybody elses ass until safe at home base. No batteries or software required.

Yah my lap top is made from paper..not batteries....If the kids only knew what a wonderful childhood I had - the graphics were so real.. :lol: The belt storey was kind of brutal - we were more civil - we shot each other in the butt with BB guns....but if someone cried we stopped... So you played baseball with a belt and humans would not just get a home run but run home.. :rolleyes: Nice knowing you Bushy --- but the belt deal is over the top......just kidding....Did I ever tell you about the time we would go ramming Ramblers stored in a field with a big ballon tired truck with snow plow ram bars.....we were older and that was fun....better not confess to any more.....You know what was wonderful - we were out all day long - and we never harmed anyone - nor did we get into real trouble...unsupervised childhood - great - but if you got into any thing nasty - Dad a former Red Army Captain ---- well just his voice and look could kill. I loved my father---so I obeyed him.

Had a lot to do with the re-inforced landing gear, we have some very rugged landing strips in the north.

Had a lot to do with the re-inforced landing gear, we have some very rugged landing strips in the north.

I think it also had to do with the number of engines. That's one reservation that Canada has to the F-35. They like to have 2 engine jets for flying over the north.