Cannabis to lose weight?

Pot head better start doing an extra through search.

Marijuana May Raise Testicular Cancer Risk It accounts for 40 percent of cases and can be more aggressive and more difficult to treat, Schwartz said.

http://www.javno.com/en/lifestyle/clanak.php?id=232267

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pot head better start doing an extra through search.

Marijuana May Raise Testicular Cancer Risk It accounts for 40 percent of cases and can be more aggressive and more difficult to treat, Schwartz said.

http://www.javno.com/en/lifestyle/clanak.php?id=232267

That should provide a little sober re-evaluation of the merits of marijuana by the its most activist proponents. I've never been able to resolve this concept that cigarettes are one of the most harmful substances to humans, and yet you can smoke this other weed and it has only beneficial effects!

I never thought about it much before about ten years ago, when I was working with a marijuana junkie who acted like the stuff is the elixer of life and the cure for all the world's problems. I noticed when I was trying to gather unbiased information about marijuana and drug issues, that there isn't a whole lot available! It's a battle of warring extremists between hippie pot smokers and drug war advocates. Without the slow trickle of published scientific studies being done on pot smokers, it's been very difficult to determine what the real benefits and harms are of using marijuana.

That should provide a little sober re-evaluation of the merits of marijuana by the its most activist proponents. I've never been able to resolve this concept that cigarettes are one of the most harmful substances to humans, and yet you can smoke this other weed and it has only beneficial effects!

I never thought about it much before about ten years ago, when I was working with a marijuana junkie who acted like the stuff is the elixer of life and the cure for all the world's problems. I noticed when I was trying to gather unbiased information about marijuana and drug issues, that there isn't a whole lot available! It's a battle of warring extremists between hippie pot smokers and drug war advocates. Without the slow trickle of published scientific studies being done on pot smokers, it's been very difficult to determine what the real benefits and harms are of using marijuana.

Lots of studies - you just have to search for them. Like this one from Harvard... http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/...70417193338.htm

Marijuana May Raise Testicular Cancer Risk

Bold mine.

"Experts are unsure about the causes of testicular cancer" ...Ok....

"The disease usually responds well to treatment and has a five-year survival rate of about 96 percent, according to the American Cancer Society."....I like those odds.

Suspected Cancer causes.....

1) masturbation

2) not masturbating

3) grilling meat

4)Alcohol (wha? booze is amazing, nothing untoward happens with booze around)

5)Lack of fruit

6) Lack of veggies

7) breathing

Face it folks, the only thing 100% is that life is fatal

We have proof that ciggarette smoking DOES increase your risk of certain cancers. This is beyond a doubt .. read any waring label on ciggs and cigars ect..

WIP

Some say the drug companies know this. Could be the reason why ciggarettes are legal poison compared to the illegal poison of pot. If pot is a cure for many ailments, why is this not prefered over so many of the pharmacuticles that are known to cause certain issues.

Our current state of medical well being shows that there are high rates of cancer among us as a population. Due to whatever poisons are out there.

On this pack of Peter Jackson Cigs

WARNING - CIGARETTES CAUSE LUNG CANCER 85% of lung cancers are caused by smoking.

Untill they can put one of these warnings on the weed, then I'll continue to smoke the pot.

But more back to the topic .. pot has not helped me loose any weight :) Most of my pals are not subject to the munchies like me I guess.

Huge doses of Vodka and the refraining from water will make you lose weight - untill the end - then you look like a yellow ballon that is 12 months pregnant...much like pot --- smoke all your life and after 20 years your head becomes like a big yellow ballon and just as empty.

"Pot head better start doing an extra through search."

I will ask the following well known 'pot heads' what they think.

Sir Richard Branson ...must have spent years doing nuttin but on the bong

Michael Phelps.....should have spent more time in the pool

Michael Bloomberg....no good waste of a person

Aaron Sorkin......might be more succesful if pot hadnt held him back

Rick Steves...

Barack Obama....hmm, I know that name....

Ted Turner......a cable news show, what are ya nuts?

Stephen King

The point is, many succesful people have and do carry on with their daily lives in spite of the boogeyman presence that others want to lay on pot.

It means you will NOT get cancer smallc.......cuz everyone has, except for those that lie they never have.

...or something like that.

Yes life does end with death and is very brief - so why spent the majority of your time in a dreamy haze...There is a time and place for everything but not all the time and in every place - Pot users are habitualist - I have not met one recently that does not have a HABIT - especially with the new high grade dope that makes you nuts - The older ones that agree with young pot smokers are those that smoked the mild stuff in the 60s and 70s - that dope and those days are gone - Cannabis is now right up there in potency with cocaine and alcohol...one draw on a joint and you are stoned ---It use to be that it took a whole joint to get a mild and healthy buzz.

Huge doses of Vodka and the refraining from water will make you lose weight - untill the end - then you look like a yellow ballon that is 12 months pregnant...much like pot --- smoke all your life and after 20 years your head becomes like a big yellow ballon and just as empty.

Actually the pot has helped me concentrate on looong tedious tasks when laying down beats. So far .. so good !!

- Cannabis is now right up there in potency with cocaine and alcohol...one draw on a joint and you are stoned ---It use to be that it took a whole joint to get a mild and healthy buzz.

Yea well, it used to take me 6 Old Milwaukees to get that way, and then I discovered Brador out of Quebec.

Did you have a point to make?

Actually the pot has helped me concentrate on looong tedious tasks when laying down beats. So far .. so good !!

Try actually druming on a real kit - It takes good health and physical endurance - but that's work...and laying down beats that are tedious are tedious because they are just that - mechanical and not real. If you need dope to cope - then maybe you are doing something that is slavishly tedious....try being straight on occassion and learn to drum - maybe some live performance - will get you chicks? Laying down beats at home and smoking gets you nothing...every body is laying down beats with the help of electronics...stand up and hit that damned drum like a man. :lol:

We have proof that ciggarette smoking DOES increase your risk of certain cancers. This is beyond a doubt .. read any waring label on ciggs and cigars ect..

WIP

Some say the drug companies know this.

You are attempting to shift blame from cigarette manufacturers who have been proven to have suppressed publication of studies done on cigarette smoking as far back as the 1950's. The cigarette industry was not created by drug companies! That's just an attempt to set the stage for a case that drug companies are conspiring to suppress the benefits of pot smoking..............and here it is!

Could be the reason why ciggarettes are legal poison compared to the illegal poison of pot. If pot is a cure for many ailments, why is this not prefered over so many of the pharmacuticles that are known to cause certain issues.

Our current state of medical well being shows that there are high rates of cancer among us as a population. Due to whatever poisons are out there.

First of all, I was never a supporter of criminalizing drug use. The lessons of prohibition policies should have been learned the last time they were used, against alcohol; the corruption of government, the creation of federal police forces to fight organized crime, that flourished from prohibition, should have been a warning that demand for drugs would not end by making their use a crime, and instead, all of the bad things associated with the drug trade would get worse...........and of course history just keeps repeating itself.

Anyway, decriminalizing or legalizing marijuana will open its use up for unbiased study, so that we all can determine whatever benefits or harms are created by smoking pot. We are finding that there are significant cancer risks in study after study, especially among users who began smoking it in their mid-teens. The people who didn't start regular use of this drug until adulthood often have half the cancer rates as those who start at a younger age.

Many young people take health risks seriously, and will give more credence to the prospect of real health risks from marijuana, rather than being lectured by parents, teachers, and other authority figures who are trying to scare them into avoiding drugs.

And, there will certainly be a drug-dependent minority whether these drugs are legal or illegal (same as booze), because there is a segment of the population that want stimulation at any cost, regardless of the risks involved. Some will eventually respond to treatment and change course, some won't. But it's still better to deal with them as people with an illness, rather than treating them like criminals.

I heard about a study just the other day that suggested men who smoke pot in their teens experienced an increased rate for a particularly malignant form of testicular cancer. The study's author urged young men to put down the bong until she'd had a chance to study the topic further.

You know what? WHO CARES.

If you lived your life by trying to avoid things that were risk factors, you'd turn into Bubble Boy.

-k

I heard about a study just the other day that suggested men who smoke pot in their teens experienced an increased rate for a particularly malignant form of testicular cancer. The study's author urged young men to put down the bong until she'd had a chance to study the topic further.

You know what? WHO CARES.

If you lived your life by trying to avoid things that were risk factors, you'd turn into Bubble Boy.

-k

If you have any kids, is that what you tell them...'ignore risks, just do whatever feels good at the time' or something like that? Doubling cancer risk is a stupid risk to take, and likely one that will be regretted by anyone who gets a positive diagnosis later in life and realizes that they don't get a do-over.

There are too many idiots now who have no concept of planning for the future or taking care of their health......until they're in their 50's and are overweight, diabetic, being warned by their doctor that they could have a heart attack or a stroke at any time.

It's better to take care of your health when you're young, than wait till you've got one leg in the grave and are desperate to undo the damage of a lifetime of gluttony, inactivity and consuming harmful chemicals.

It's better to take care of your health when you're young, than wait till you've got one leg in the grave and are desperate to undo the damage of a lifetime of gluttony, inactivity and consuming harmful chemicals.

Also incredible boring.....

Now pass the doobie, the Jack and the remote. Oh and get me sammich will ya? Hockeys on.

Also incredible boring.....

Now pass the doobie, the Jack and the remote. Oh and get me sammich will ya? Hockeys on.

And that's the problem right there! Everybody's psychological makeup is different. Some people's emotions swing from one extreme to the other, while others maintain a fairly even keel never reaching ecstasy, but never falling into depression either. People who are adrenaline junkies and prone to compulsive/addictive behaviour have been shown to have a different neural stimulation pattern than the average person; these people cannot feel a pleasing jolt of oxytocin for example, without receiving some form of chemical or environmental jolt that enables them to feel the rush.

But, those who can't feel joy from ordinary life without chemicals, new sexual partners, or risking their lives with wreckless stunts, should be aware that their needs for stimulation put them at risk for all sorts of harmful addictions. The junkies who come to a realization that they have a problem, can learn to substitute their addictions for more healthy habits or at least manage their addiction so that it doesn't ruin their lives and the lives of those close to them.

Pot is a gateway drug as it can many times lead to harder drug abuse. I don't see how trading one bad habit(eating like a pig) for another( being stoned on pot) as being a positive thing.

'a gateway drug'...hahaha buying into the propaganda i see...hilarious

i remember the days when they had that commercial with the eggs in the frying pan...too funny

Edited by kittengirl

You are attempting to shift blame from cigarette manufacturers who have been proven to have suppressed publication of studies done on cigarette smoking as far back as the 1950's. The cigarette industry was not created by drug companies! That's just an attempt to set the stage for a case that drug companies are conspiring to suppress the benefits of pot smoking..............and here it is!

What I mean is that because of the fact that cigarettes are known to cause cancer, it gives the pharma companies the chance to exploit this by giving you drugs for the cancer and other illnesses. I never claimed that the cigarette industry was created by the drug companies ... it might just be the other way around.

Anyway, decriminalizing or legalizing marijuana will open its use up for unbiased study, so that we all can determine whatever benefits or harms are created by smoking pot. .... But it's still better to deal with them as people with an illness, rather than treating them like criminals.

Agreed.