Is it time to de-criminalize Pot posession?

bluegreen

Put the vices back in the closet and do as you wish - Interestingly the word vice is the route of vicousness..and it seems this debate that is based on a vice is becoming just that - vicious...this is not a subject worth discovering - the bottom line is that all substances that alter conciousness do not make you smarter - but duller - what the real issue is here - IS - should it be fully legal to lower ones IQ - via changing the brain chemistry - no chemical whether "natural" or man made - makes you smarter - all chemicals impair, because none can surpass the natural chemical process that takes place in the healthy human brain. WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS THE RIGHT TO TAKE A POPULATION AND LOWER THAT POPULATIONS LEVEL OF INTELLIGENCE>>>> so if we are property of the state - the state may want us cattle to be able to produce to the max... dope lowers spiritual - economic and social productivity...

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so if we are property of the state - the state may want us cattle to be able to produce to the max... dope lowers spiritual - economic and social productivity...

But we're not the property of the state. And besides, not only does weed have no effect on intellectual ability, it doesn't necessarily lower social productivity either. There are many, many chronic users who function perfectly well below the radar. They just aren't baked all the time. A little bit goes a long way.

And a few sprigs in the morning will improve your overall spiritual outlook. It is, after all, the Creator who gave it to us.

Trafficking is a result of criminalization, but it still isn’t any of your business.

Really? Law enforcement takes a decidely different stance on this.

Any other vague “negative consequences” that may result from substance abuse that are supposedly “your business” can be dealt with as the bad behaviour they are. Dangerous driving, for example, will always continue to be prosecuted as such.

So you admit that there are negative consequences....hope after all.

I didn’t realize all you wanted to do was yank my chain (or the more obscure "jack my geef") by using the term “doper.” I’m flattered, although the term doesn't bother me much at all. I prefer "stoner," but only because it's technically more accurate.

Sorry, I'm not part of the stoner culture and don't subscribe to High Times. Doper is swell.

But nothing makes my day better than seeing you all flustered and reduced to petty name-calling. It makes me feel victorious.

You're right....did you hear that dope is now legal? No need to hide out in the garage like a teenager.

Not quite yet, there are still many arrests and prosecutions taking place. But the day is coming soon. Then we will all smoke a joint on your front lawn, with your daughter

No, no...it's true geefers....possession, use, and trafficking of cannabis is now legal in Canada. As much as you wish.

Ever notice that CANNABIS sounds a lot like CANADA? It was meant to be!

I don't have a daughter...but maybe you can shave my dog's ass.

POT IS NOW LEGAL IN CANADA!

No, no...it's true geefers....possession, use, and trafficking of cannabis is now legal in Canada. As much as you wish.

Ever notice that CANNABIS sounds a lot like CANADA? It was meant to be!

I don't have a daughter...but maybe you can shave my dog's ass.

POT IS NOW LEGAL IN CANADA!

Crackpot!

Is it time to decriminalize pot?

Of course it is!

Learn from history people. We've been down this prohibition road before, and the alcohol prohibition did not eliminate booze; it only made it more expensive and dangerous to obtain.

Alcohol prohibition spawned organized crime, and after it ended, the Mafia went into the doldrums, having to eek out a marginal existence off of gambling and prostitution for several decades until the market for marijuana and other drugs that were made illegal, provided a new, rich source of profits.

Now, that we are at the point where drug law enforcement is stripping away personal rights here, and drug gangs are close to toppling governments, like in Mexico, and are running the Taliban in Afghanistan, it's "high" time to end prohibition and deal with drug abuse as it should have been handled in the first place -- as a medical and health issue, not a crime issue!

Just how much dope do the potheads need to "possess" at any given point in time? What would decrim levels look like in homes, cars, offices, restaurants, etc.

What diffrence does it make? Its not like you can OD from it anyway. Smoke too much and you just get a really good nights sleep without all the fear of death that sleeping pills offer.

Just how much dope do the potheads need to "possess" at any given point in time? What would decrim levels look like in homes, cars, offices, restaurants, etc.

No difference than booze looks like currently, I'd guess.

One difference is second hand smoke, I heard it can get other people high, whether they want to or not.

No difference than booze looks like currently, I'd guess.

One difference is second hand smoke, I heard it can get other people high, whether they want to or not.

Comparing alcohol and pot is not enough because one has to consider the multiplier effect of their mix.

The difference would be "trafficking".

Looking to make some money? While it's true that cannabis users are excellent customers (they spend most of their disposable income reliably and always come back for more), once it's properly decriminalized and the average joe is allowed to grow a couple of plants in his basement with a permit from the fire inspector, it won't be so easy to charge $200 an ounce anymore. That's why it wouldn't be worth it for organized crime to bother.

Edited by BubberMiley

I say lets de-criminalize the right to induce stupidy via chemical means - natural or pharma..we have the right to make ourselves stupid -- China will love it --- and our pot head kids will be stoned and cleaning the toilets of every graduated Asian math wiz that takes over our industry and buisness because our kids were to busy having a good time chuckling all the way to the welfare office.. :lol:

I say lets de-criminalize the right to induce stupidy via chemical means - natural or pharma..we have the right to make ourselves stupid -- China will love it --- and our pot head kids will be stoned and cleaning the toilets of every graduated Asian math wiz that takes over our industry and buisness because our kids were to busy having a good time chuckling all the way to the welfare office.. :lol:

Taking measures to stop the Western world from competing with poor nations, even by such a drastic measure as the one you envision, may put the whole planet on a never-seen-before win-win cooperative course.