Where are the Conservatives?

Barts

The Globe & Mail's Adam Radwanski in Calling All Conservatives is publicly calling on the Conservatives to show their faces. What are Conservatives afraid of?

Hrm, more people with nothing better to do. The Tories are busy with the business of running a nation that covers three coasts, it doesn't end east of Manitoba as some would believe. The Tories are busy working on behalf of all Canadians and don't have the luxury of as much free time as the opposition seems to have.

Hrm, more people with nothing better to do. The Tories are busy with the business of running a nation that covers three coasts, it doesn't end east of Manitoba as some would believe. The Tories are busy working on behalf of all Canadians and don't have the luxury of as much free time as the opposition seems to have.

good to know, good to know - they're simply too busy during the perogy parliament period. I trust this will certainly put to rest any further comments concerning Harper gag orders.

good to know, good to know - they're simply too busy during the perogy parliament period. I trust this will certainly put to rest any further comments concerning Harper gag orders.

Have you heard the conservative ads they are running? "there is an important bill before parliament, please call your MP and tell them to pass the budget"? They are running every morning on chum radio stations. I'd like to call in and ask them to stop running ads that are pure lies. There is NOTHING before parliament because Harper the cowardly bitch prorogued parliament. I called my conservative MP and asked him to please vote no confidence in Harper's government ASAP. He didn't seem to like the idea tho.

Harper's micro-managing of his Party has come back to bite him on the butt. We saw what happened when they were simply told to get back to their ridings and use whatever tools they had to sell the idea that the Coalition was out to break up the country. They had no clue and many of the comments bordered on insanity. 'Treason...coups...communists...citizens of France'. I mean they were absolutely nuts and the rants were soon discovered to be a complete fabrication, awash in hypocrisy. Enough said.

However, now when they should be reassuring Canadians that they can govern in a reasonable manner and steer the country through this crisis, they prefer to hide under the bed, hoping nobody finds them. It's no wonder Ignatieff and indeed all Coalition members are climbing in the polls. They're the only ones Canadians see.

It is such a shame. Good reputations ruined for nothing.

People should realize that the only effective way to run Parliament is by a dictatorship. Jean Chretien proved to us all how effectively a government can get things done as long as dissident MP's are gagged and silenced. This is natural in Canadian democracy, it's always been this way. That is unless someone has a way for MP's to become more independent which doesn't include blindly following a political leader.

Even Jack Layton kicked MP's out of the party for not following the party line.

Who really wants to end up like John Diefenbaker.

Edited by Canadian Blue

I haven't heard a whisper from my local Conservative MP since before Christmas. It doesn't seem to me that the Tories, other than a few high level ones like Harper and Flaherty, are doing much of anything. After all, since Parliament was prorogued, how much can they do? I suspect most backbenchers have been ordered to keep a low profile until Parliament comes back.

Have you heard the conservative ads they are running? "there is an important bill before parliament, please call your MP and tell them to pass the budget"? They are running every morning on chum radio stations. I'd like to call in and ask them to stop running ads that are pure lies. There is NOTHING before parliament because Harper the cowardly bitch prorogued parliament. I called my conservative MP and asked him to please vote no confidence in Harper's government ASAP. He didn't seem to like the idea tho.

Sounds like desperation to me. The only one who can save Harper is Harper. If their budget is good it should sell itself and if it's in the best interest of Canadians, I say 'Let's git 'er done.'

However, if he's hoping that public sympathy will somehow prop up a weak attempt at staying in power, I think he may be on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

We heard them criticize Jack Layton for suggesting that he would turn down the budget no matter what was in it; saying 'how can you turn something down you haven't seen'. Now he wants us to tell our MPs to accept it without seeing it. He's nuts.

My MP is Peter Milliken, Speaker of the House, so doesn't have a vote, but if he did I would now say turn it down regardless. How can we trust the rantings of a mad man?

Edited by Progressive Tory

Sounds like desperation to me. The only one who can save Harper is Harper. If their budget is good it should sell itself and if it's in the best interest of Canadians, I say 'Let's git 'er done.'

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that it will be a $30 billion dollar stimulus package that gives out subsidies to failing business and infrastructure. It's all BS in my opinion, but Canadian's demand "action" regardless of whether it'll actually do anything to stimulate the economy outside of prolonging the deaths of a few crappy business.

Regardless it looks like we'll be in a deficit position for a while. Especially since both the opposition and the government want to throw money into endless pit hoping it'll do something. While the Liberals call for tax cuts on the lowest income bracket which won't do anything for the economy since they likely won't invest any money into it, and the Conservatives are content on putting money into digging holes in Saskatchewan.

Jack Layton's just juvenile. He still thinks he's within reach of getting a cabinet position with this coalition, unfortunately for him Ignatieff's to the right of Stephane Dion and won't want the taint of the failures of the NDP. Especially if the Liberals want to paint themselves as the darwinian political machine instead of having to actually position themselves firmly on the political spectrum.

Edited by Canadian Blue

I was reading the news the other day and the MP who is a Conservative for Chatham -kent had a meeting with the CAW over the miltary trucks being built in Chatham and the CAW reported they had a good feeling after the talks and within a week the MP tells the news a different story and the CAW rep. reported that the guy lied and flipped-flopped from what he had told them. Well, this Saturday between 500-1000 Navistar workers and Kenny, are going to visit the MP in his office and word is he`ll be there. This MP`s family business is selling S. Korean cars and one could see this guy and CAW would be like oil and water.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that it will be a $30 billion dollar stimulus package that gives out subsidies to failing business and infrastructure. It's all BS in my opinion, but Canadian's demand "action" regardless of whether it'll actually do anything to stimulate the economy outside of prolonging the deaths of a few crappy business.

Regardless it looks like we'll be in a deficit position for a while. Especially since both the opposition and the government want to throw money into endless pit hoping it'll do something. While the Liberals call for tax cuts on the lowest income bracket which won't do anything for the economy since they likely won't invest any money into it, and the Conservatives are content on putting money into digging holes in Saskatchewan.

Jack Layton's just juvenile. He still thinks he's within reach of getting a cabinet position with this coalition, unfortunately for him Ignatieff's to the right of Stephane Dion and won't want the taint of the failures of NDP Cabinet ministers.

Actually, Harper's latest figure is now 40 Billion, though I suspect he really doesn't have a clue. Ignatieff says he will only accept a Modest deficit, nothing near that amount. Layton naturally wants to protect his union jobs, and rightfully so. Duceppe wants...hmmm...I don't know what Duceppe wants, but do know it's something for Quebec. The storms they are a brewin'.

Harper should have let the Coalition take over when Dion would have been PM, and before Ignatieff became just so darn likable. He may have had to sit out for 18 months, but he'd hold onto his 143 seats. They could rabble rouse and Dion would probably have s*it his pants. The Cons would have then held onto a majority for the next 300 years.

He made a Big Mistake. His first best chance at a majority was last election, but he failed to inspire, so voters stayed home. His next best chance was in December, by allowing Dion to take over. The Dion factor is off the table and he has nothing left. No amount of sweaters in the world are going to turn this baby around.

This isn't the time to point fingers, this is the time to work together and find solutions to our current economic crisis which PM Harper is currently doing with the help of his esteemed colleagues. So let's rally behind Canada's leader to do his job and lead us out of this difficult time. Canada needs strong leadership, Canada needs PM Stephan Harper. It doesn't need a Separatist led Coalition.

This isn't the time to point fingers, this is the time to work together and find solutions to our current economic crisis which PM Harper is currently doing with the help of his esteemed colleagues. So let's rally behind Canada's leader to do his job and lead us out of this difficult time. Canada needs strong leadership, Canada needs PM Stephan Harper. It doesn't need a Separatist led Coalition.

So why didn't Stephen Harper do what you're saying at the end of November when he had a chance? Stephen Harper has shown he's no leader.

Lastly, why do Harpercrats continue to lie about the coalition? It is not lead by a "Separatist", so why would you hope to pass off a lie about this to folks on this forum?

So why didn't Stephen Harper do what you're saying at the end of November when he had a chance? Stephen Harper has shown he's no leader.

Lastly, why do Harpercrats continue to lie about the coalition? It is not lead by a "Separatist", so why would you hope to pass off a lie about this to folks on this forum?

The Bloc is the power broker in the Coalition. Just like the NDP said they were to the MSM when they were propping up the Liberals.

MP for Churchill when she voted against SSM I believe.

Not sure on the spelling but Bev Desjalais was her name. What little respect I had for Layton went up in smoke after that. That was supposed to be a free vote in the house, Layton pulled that off and Martin handcuffed the moron Liberal cabinet and forced them to vote for it.

Not sure on the spelling but Bev Desjalais was her name. What little respect I had for Layton went up in smoke after that. That was supposed to be a free vote in the house, Layton pulled that off and Martin handcuffed the moron Liberal cabinet and forced them to vote for it.

I found it. You were right.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/20...s-20051017.html

I honestly would like to say that I am very angry with the oppositions and basically all of government. Everyone has to realize that the past is the past. Everyone stop using the past as a defence, or to offend on other politicians. We can not change the past we can on the otherhand help to propose a deal to stop the downturn in this economy. Now come on everyone who cares whether you are Conservative, Liberal, Green, NDP, Bloc, or any other political idealistic person. Lets stop trying to get a hold of power and greed. Let's work together for the sake of all Canadians! Especially the ones who are in the deepest of economic trouble.

I honestly would like to say that I am very angry with the oppositions and basically all of government. Everyone has to realize that the past is the past. Everyone stop using the past as a defence, or to offend on other politicians. We can not change the past we can on the otherhand help to propose a deal to stop the downturn in this economy. Now come on everyone who cares whether you are Conservative, Liberal, Green, NDP, Bloc, or any other political idealistic person. Lets stop trying to get a hold of power and greed. Let's work together for the sake of all Canadians! Especially the ones who are in the deepest of economic trouble.

I care I have no want to hand anything to those of vested interest or vocal interest. Besides what is best for all Canadians, their is no such thing, because we are individuals and want we all want or need is different.

Stop tring to talk like Obama, its un-becoming.