Gays spread HIV purposely.

Mr.Canada

You are adding an element of discovery that can only be presumed, not proven. Any person, regardless of gender, who engages in unprotected sex risks any number of infectious diseases, including HIV. I think too much emphasis has been placed on the literal term "chase", which is meaningless in the larger context of the article.

Except in the article he uses the terms all wrong to create a sensationalist story.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just alarming to say the least. This is what goes on in the homosexual areas of our cities? I find this to be immoral and unacceptable to purposely infect others or to want to be infected. Hey, it's their bodies right? That's what you guys said about abortion, so they have t he right to get HIV and spread it around right? After all it's their body.

Full Story/Source

Well, this is seriously disturbing to say the least. So many paint the homosexuals to be moral and ethical people so I am quite surprised to have learned about this latest wrinkle. Seems that it's possible that perhaps the homosexual lifestyle is more irresponsible and immoral than we were once promised.

I didn't bother to read the 14 pages of responses but I can imagine some are as intelligent as the OP's and others more so. Point being, you're a moron Mr. Canada - and I say that with all due respect. Go crawl back into the time capsule you came out of.

The idea of anal sex disgusts me no matter if its a man's or woman's ass we are talkin about. To me anyone putting their penis into a place used to excrete feces is asking for trouble. I wouldn't wipe my tool around in a toilet or a garbage can either. If others find this to be a turn on I guess that is their business. I really don't care what other people do with their lives. It is not my place to tell others how to behave in their bedrooms. I am not homophobic, I think anal sex with females is just as gross as it is with 2 males. I kind of think that men who want to use a wonan's anus instead of her vagina probably have homosexual tendencies themselves.

just my 2 cents.

The idea of anal sex disgusts me no matter if its a man's or woman's ass we are talkin about. To me anyone putting their penis into a place used to excrete feces is asking for trouble. I wouldn't wipe my tool around in a toilet or a garbage can either. If others find this to be a turn on I guess that is their business. I really don't care what other people do with their lives. It is not my place to tell others how to behave in their bedrooms. I am not homophobic, I think anal sex with females is just as gross as it is with 2 males. I kind of think that men who want to use a wonan's anus instead of her vagina probably have homosexual tendencies themselves.

just my 2 cents.

You could have just said "I find anal sex disgusting". I don't think it was necessary to go into that kind of detail.

There is a noted indifference in the "gay community" towards spreading HIV/AIDs, though. Needless to say, homosexuality is the manifestation of an inner self-hate, self-destructive tendancies, and this is just one way in which it works corrupt and undermine others.

Absolutely! Most self-destructive, self-hating individuals throw gigantic, entertaining parades. You ought to see EMO Pride Day in Toronto! What utter nonsense.

Not according to the opening piece:

Growing numbers of gay men are having unprotected sex and some of them are either deliberately transmitting HIV to other men or are trying to get infected, says an alarmed academic.

So-called bug-chasers
are HIV-negative men who are either unopposed to getting infected or are actively pursuing it, says Kevin Alderson, an associate professor of counselling psychology at the University of Calgary.

Ergo...a "bug-chaser" is defined in the larger context.

Yes, it's a growing trend in openly gay circles. Gay men are intentionally trying to become infected with HIV and other Gay men are trying to infect them. Perhaps an email to Liberal MP Scott Brison could help, as this is his community and perhaps he can relate to this better than a straight person could and give the gay community some guidance. Help them to realize that this isn't the right thing to do and doesn't send the right message about homosexuals. He is more of a role model for homosexuals then a straight person could be as he can relate to them and them to him. Just an idea.

Yes, it's a growing trend in openly gay circles. Gay men are intentionally trying to become infected with HIV and other Gay men are trying to infect them. Perhaps an email to Liberal MP Scott Brison could help, as this is his community and perhaps he can relate to this better than a straight person could and give the gay community some guidance. Help them to realize that this isn't the right thing to do and doesn't send the right message about homosexuals. He is more of a role model for homosexuals then a straight person could be as he can relate to them and them to him. Just an idea.

NO IT IS A SHRINKING TREND IN GAY CIRCLES. Read the articles please. Scott Brison is a married man (ps his husband is a very nice man BTW) his lifestyle is much closer to yours then it is to a bug chasers. Maybe Peter McKay can help and relate to them.

NO IT IS A SHRINKING TREND IN GAY CIRCLES. Read the articles please. Scott Brison is a married man (ps his husband is a very nice man BTW) his lifestyle is much closer to yours then it is to a bug chasers. Maybe Peter McKay can help and relate to them.

Well at least you finally admitted it exists and is a problem, I congratulate you on coming out. I only mentioned Scott Brison because he is gay and therefore part of the gay community. Don't give me that jive that "it isn't his lifestyle". He'd come to the gay pride parade if he thought it get him some votes. Perhaps he could talk some sense into these people who are 'bug chasers" and those who wish to intentionally give the bug as a positive role model. This is a serious moral problem of growing concern within the gay community and it's tragic.

Edited by Mr.Canada

Is this ridiculous thread still going? Mr. Canada, if your going to post ideological nonsense, post it in the right category. I don't want to read about moral and ethical issues in the federal politics section. What's worse is it's fifteen pages, and after every page it gets dumber and dumber and dumber. Face it you got owned by leftists and rightists, when that happens its time for the thread to die.

Is this ridiculous thread still going? Mr. Canada, if your going to post ideological nonsense, post it in the right category. I don't want to read about moral and ethical issues in the federal politics section. What's worse is it's fifteen pages, and after every page it gets dumber and dumber and dumber. Face it you got owned by leftists and rightists, when that happens its time for the thread to die.

You're still a fan I see. This topic is very much political as the HIV/AIDS is a national Epidemic which holds a conference every year to which Leaders of governments around the world are invited. While I can understand your point I don't think the victims families would react very kindly to you wanting to sweep this very important issue under the carpet to hide it from view.

You're still a fan I see. This topic is very much political as the HIV/AIDS is a national Epidemic ....

Would you be interested in the medical definition of epidemic or are you statistfied with the meaningless rhetorical one you are currently using?

Well at least you finally admitted it exists and is a problem, I congratulate you on coming out. I only mentioned Scott Brison because he is gay and therefore part of the gay community. Don't give me that jive that "it isn't his lifestyle". He'd come to the gay pride parade if he thought it get him some votes. Perhaps he could talk some sense into these people who are 'bug chasers" and those who wish to intentionally give the bug as a positive role model. This is a serious moral problem of growing concern within the gay community and it's tragic.

I admit there is a barebacking trend however bug chases are an urban legend. I have many many gay friends, and run in what you might term gay circles and I have never heard of a bug chaser.

You are uninformed please go out and talk to people in the gay community before you claim to be an expert on them ok?

Edited by punked

I admit there is a barebacking trend however bug chases are an urban legend. I have many many gay friends, and run in what you might term gay circles and I have never heard of a bug chaser.

Perhaps you were asking the wrong questions little one. Long is the path to wisdom grasshoppa, short is the path to the pond.

You must be a union rep, no one could rebutt apples with oranges the way you do. Your idiocy is embarassing.

To whit...

Blueblood asks

Is this ridiculous thread still going?

and you answer with....

You're still a fan I see.

..and then blueblood says (italics mine)

I don't want to read about moral and ethical issues in the federal politics section.

..and you offer up this as a rebuttal

While I can understand your point I don't think the victims families would react very kindly to you wanting to sweep this very important issue under the carpet to hide it from view.

And yes, bb is right, you have been thoroughly beaten, not to mention misinformed, ignorant, obfusive and downright embarassed.

Union guy ....yup, can I call you sid ryan now? You two must share the same brain cell

Perhaps you were asking the wrong questions little one. Long is the path to wisdom grasshoppa, short is the path to the pond.

According to the Research it is an internet fantasy very rarely acted upon. It is something morons and the sensationalist media buy into. Barebacking is what we should be talking about and safe sex practises. We need a Bachelor like Peter McKay out there talking up these things.

Would you be interested in the medical definition of epidemic or are you statistfied with the meaningless rhetorical one you are currently using?

I rather enjoy using words that make things seem sensational and grand. It creates the illusion that it must be serious if I'm using these fantastical words in the fashion that only I can M.Dancer. Thanks for caring about me sport ;)

You must be a union rep, no one could rebutt apples with oranges the way you do. Your idiocy is embarassing.

To whit...

Blueblood asks

and you answer with....

..and then blueblood says (italics mine)

..and you offer up this as a rebuttal

And yes, bb is right, you have been thoroughly beaten, not to mention misinformed, ignorant, obfusive and downright embarassed.

Union guy ....yup, can I call you sid ryan now? You two must share the same brain cell

Awe c'mon guyser, you're no fun. I thought you'd enjoy my transformation from the internet post to stump speech, guess not.

I think what's more fascinating is your very strange interest in the sexual practices of gay men.

I'm concerned for the safety of our gay communities as they seem to be under attack. Under attack from "bug chasers' and from those who wish to intentionally infect their prey, however willing, with the deadly HIV. This is a serious growing trend that must stop as it concerns us all as citizens of this great country. I'm sorry that you don't see the spread of HIV among our citizens to be a matter of importance.

I'm concerned for the safety of our gay communities

Do I have "IDIOT" written on my forehead?

as they seem to be under attack. Under attack from "bug chasers' and from those who wish to intentionally infect their prey, however willing, with the deadly HIV. This is a serious growing trend that must stop as it concerns us all as citizens of this great country. I'm sorry that you don't see the spread of HIV among our citizens to be a matter of importance.

I see the threat of HIV spreading to be a great threat, but continuing to demonize homosexuals, which now amount worldwide for a much smaller percentage of new infections that heterosexuals to be nothing more than fear and hate mongering.