Israel Strikes the Gaza Strip

tamtam10

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soldiers are only the chess pieces, they do not make holistic decisions.. It is up to the government to think of the proper policies..

Besides, sure, adrenaline can cloud up the conscience.. but this is hardly the case.. Israeli air strikers.. does that compare to the fear of the 1942 Russian soldier?

War is war. I'd call for more artillery. You'd be dead or captured. See you next year? Only if you believe in reincarnation.

-----------------------------------

When a war breaks out, people say: "It's too stupid, it can't last long." But though a war may be "too stupid," that doesn't prevent its lasting.

---Albert Camus

So you mean to tell me that those innocent lives that were taken away was a result of a frightened Israeli?

What exactly are they afraid of? Who has the bigger stick here..

It's not even that....Israelis had grown quite bored with all the time wasted in bomb shelters. "Enough is enough"

We have been here before.....and we shall be here again.

It's like Gaza Groundhog Day.

It's not even that....Israelis had grown quite bored with all the time wasted in bomb shelters. "Enough is enough"

We have been here before.....and we shall be here again.

It's like Gaza Groundhog Day.

Sure, I'd like to ask you again how many deaths were directly linked to Arab rocket attacks? Now they are crying bloody murder and bombing the crap out of the Arabs.. I really wonder what would happen if the Arabs launched the air strikes on Israel..

Enough is enough? The Palestinians could say the same thing..

Sure, I'd like to ask you again how many deaths were directly linked to Arab rocket attacks? Now they are crying bloody murder and bombing the crap out of the Arabs.. I really wonder what would happen if the Arabs launched the air strikes on Israel..

Enough is enough? The Palestinians could say the same thing..

Been there....done that. Don't you remember Gulf War I and Saddam's SCUDs?

So I ask yet again....do you support rocket attacks on Hamilton from Caledonia, Ontario?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

No, I am implying that there is no such standard.

...which are just a moral fabrication, subject to the whims of circumstance.

I see, so I take it you have no issues with suicide-bombings, launching rockets into residential neighbourhoods, beheading journalists and ramming planes into office buildings. After all, who cares, all is fair in love and war right and human rights are just a feel-good suggestion...

Hey, maybe if you were born in the Middle East you'd be in heaven hell already with your 72 virgins.

Edited by BC_chick

I see, so I take it you have no issues with suicide-bombings, launching rockets into residential neighbourhoods, beheading journalists and ramming planes into office buildings? After all, who cares, all is fair in love and war right and human rights are just a feel-good suggestion...

Human rights are tenuous at best...from abortions to A-bombs.

Hey, maybe if you were born in the Middle East you'd be in heaven hell already with your 72 virgins.

Nobody wants a virgin.....

I have never said that I support the Palestinian rocket attacks.. Would you justify Eisenhower's atrocious POW concentration camps? No, you do not fight evil with more evil

I'll bite. Did you read a James Bacque book by chance?

----------------------------------

re·vi·sion·ist (noun)

a person who revises, or favors the revision of, some accepted theory, doctrine, etc.

adjective

of revisionists or their policy or practice

Related Forms:

revisionism re·vi′·sion·ism′ noun

I'll bite. Did you read a James Bacque book by chance?

no, but I know that Patton did not like Eisenhower's policies concerning POWs.. That is besides the point however.. Sure, Eisenhower himself could probably be disputed, but I have no doubt that the Allies were not quite high and holy when dealing with German POWs

no, but I know that Patton did not like Eisenhower's policies concerning POWs.. That is besides the point however.. Sure, Eisenhower himself could probably be disputed, but I have no doubt that the Allies were not quite high and holy when dealing with German POWs

Correct...some were shot right on the spot.

If you want a superb look at post war Germany I'd suggest picking up Leon Uris's 'Armegeddon' as he actually served in Berlin right through the Airlift.

Re: Eisenhower being evil. This is more a creation of revisionist historian/novelist James Bacque (Canadian) which is why I asked.

Stephen Ambrose (Eisenhower's biographer) sums up my feelings re: Bacque....

Mr. Bacque is wrong on every major charge and nearly all his minor ones. Eisenhower was not a Hitler, he did not run death camps, German prisoners did not die by the hundreds of thousands, there was a severe food shortage in 1945, there was nothing sinister or secret about the "disarmed enemy forces" designation or about the column "other losses." Mr. Bacque's "missing million" were old men and young boys in the Volkssturm (People's Militia) released without formal discharge and transfers of POWs to other allies control areas. Maj. Ruediger Overmans of the German Office of Military History in Freiburg who wrote the final volume of the official German history of the war estimated that the total death by all causes of German prisoners in American hands could not have been greater than 56,000 approximately 1% of the over 5,000,000 German POWs in Allied hands exclusive of the Soviets. Eisenhower's calculations as to how many people he would be required to feed in occupied Germany in 1945-46 were too low and he had been asking for more food shipments since February 1945. He had badly underestimated the number of German soldiers surrendering to the Western Allies; more than five million, instead of the anticipated three million as German soldiers crossed the Elbe River to escape the Russians. So too with German civilians - about 13 million altogether crossing the Elbe to escape the Russians, and the number of slave laborers and displaced persons liberated was almost 8 million instead of the 5 million expected. In short, Eisenhower faced shortages even before he learned that there were at least 17 million more people to feed in Germany than he had expected not to mention all of the other countries in war ravaged Europe, the Philippines, Okinawa and Japan. All Europe went on rations for the next three years, including Britain, until the food crisis was over.

--------------------------------------------------------

It's a Daisy.