Three More Soldiers Killed

Three Canadian soldiers have died west of Kandahar city, after their armoured vehicle struck an improvised explosive device. A fourth soldier was injured in the blast.

The soldiers killed have been identified as: Cpl. Thomas James Hamilton, Pvt. John Michael Roy Curwin and Pvt. Justin Peter Jones.

CTV

This is a private loss, and a public loss. These young men are involved in a battle of great proportions. At this time, their families deserve our unconditional and complete support.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this time, their families deserve our unconditional and complete support.

They have it.

The war they are fighting in raises doubts. It remains to be seen whether the situation can be brought under control. The commitment of the Afghan government and our allies just isn't there.

They have it.

The war they are fighting in raises doubts. It remains to be seen whether the situation can be brought under control. The commitment of the Afghan government and our allies just isn't there.

Most European governments are weak and have no courage for anything the least controversial. The most cowardly of all are the Germans, French, Italians and Spanish, of course. They're content to let the Anglos do the heavy lifting while they march in parades back home to demonstrate their strength.

This is a United Nations effort to provide security for Afghanistan while some sort of government is secured in place. The Europeans are too short-sighted to care about what might happen in future if Afghanistan becomes another failed state. And the effort is identified too much with the Americans, who the Europeans disdain as "uncivilized".

This is a United Nations effort to provide security for Afghanistan while some sort of government is secured in place.

Very sad to hear that those fine people lost their lives

Seems to me there is a government already in place. But their committment to this "war" is dubious as well. So it raises doubts as to the wisdom of putting our troops in harms way when efforts are undermined from the get-go.. Is it Europe who is cowardly or we who are stupid to go in there under these circumstances?

I say let them fight their own war

Edited by Sir Bandelot

We don't have nukes.

I was waiting for someone to say this.

The USA is in the country as well you know and they are on the same team as we are. WE = the allies.

A number of European allies have nukes as well.

Will we do it? Of coarse not but it would solve all the problems in the region. Kill them all then we can rebuild it how we want it to be.

Maybe not nukes but perhaps we can bomb the cities like they did in WWII. Cluster bomb the mountain ranges or use Napalm on the area. Just blanket the area.

Then send in the elite troops to kill the rest and pick up the pieces. Mission accomplished.

Let's just drop a nuke of them and rebuild the country how we want it. Everyone's happy.

MR Canada, it a good thing you aren't our Mr Canada because if the US drops a nuke on any part of the Middle-East that Russia, China, Pakistan and all those countries that also have nukes would deliver one to NA??? Nuking is NOT the answer.

MR Canada, it a good thing you aren't our Mr Canada because if the US drops a nuke on any part of the Middle-East that Russia, China, Pakistan and all those countries that also have nukes would deliver one to NA??? Nuking is NOT the answer.

Well we have to know who our enemies are. If these nations would do that than I hope we're not sending aid money to them and are giving them economic sanctions.

Pakistan is only not in a famine because of our aid so they had better watch their step or we can starve them to death.

Filthy Taliban...won't come out and fight our guys head on they have to resort to IED'S , damn cowards!

You know we could call the Taliban all kinds of names but reality is WE are in their country and I see this is another civil war between tribes and the US is NOW on the Afghanis side and our guys are mostly getting killed by IED's. I can't believe there aren't ways to detect them before they go off. We send guys out into space but we can't find the IED's??????????????????

'

Well we have to know who our enemies are. If these nations would do that than I hope we're not sending aid money to them and are giving them economic sanctions.

Pakistan is only not in a famine because of our aid so they had better watch their step or we can starve them to death.

That would make us real popular in the world wouldn't it?

Let's just drop a nuke of them and rebuild the country how we want it. Everyone's happy.

I have said that too! many times....just let the Americans Nuke the bastards problem solved! But as someone mentioned on here if we start down that path all hell will break loose....i can't believe with all the technology we can't solved this IED shit!

That would make us real popular in the world wouldn't it?

Canada needs to make strong moves. Who cares what others think about us. Isn't that what we teach our kids. I'd rather be respected as a strong nation rather than a weak nation that is nice to everyone and we let everyone come to Canada and live for free.

Canada needs to make strong moves. Who cares what others think about us. Isn't that what we teach our kids. I'd rather be respected as a strong nation rather than a weak nation that is nice to everyone and we let everyone come to Canada and live for free.

I would rather not be known as the country that said. Lets start nuclear war and while we are at it starve half the world. Then instead of being known as a strong nation we will be known as the dumbest fucked up nation in the world.

I was waiting for someone to say this.

The USA is in the country as well you know and they are on the same team as we are. WE = the allies.

A number of European allies have nukes as well.

Will we do it? Of coarse not but it would solve all the problems in the region. Kill them all then we can rebuild it how we want it to be.

Maybe not nukes but perhaps we can bomb the cities like they did in WWII. Cluster bomb the mountain ranges or use Napalm on the area. Just blanket the area.

Then send in the elite troops to kill the rest and pick up the pieces. Mission accomplished.

The families of all our soldiers, wounded, killed, or just in that situation have all my empathy and sympathy. But doing more of the same still isn't a solution.

Just wondering Mr., whether you noticed the condition of Afghani cities before the Allies even went into the country. Rubble is an understatement. I remember seeing a shot of an Afghani man standing in that rubble and saying that we were the cowards. Fighting a war from two miles up in the sky against a country that was already broke and busted by fighting the old USSR for so many years.

If someone bombed our cities into oblivion, what would you do when they finally decided it was relatively safe to send in their troops?

Edited by speaker

Who is this that insists we send good money after bad? Who is this that continues to send young men to their deaths for no good reason or results...Three more - on the front page - dead...wasted..and we have fools who think that human sacrafice brings about some sort of devine power or blessing - I thought we stopped burning goats on a rock a thousand years ago? Why do we continue with this barbaric and non-effective tradition of sending our lambs in the prime of youth to the sacrafical alter?? Are we F**kin nuts! There is no benefit from sacrafice - It's pure superstition. Utter foolishness....................who is empowered by this consuption of young males? Do we have wanna be vampires running this nation? Get rid of these wacko wizards..who eat your children and then expect you to thank the "nation" ...for killing your son...Why don't we just build a pyramid and cut heads off and roll them down to be used as hocky pucks? :lol:

Bush is going...and we can soon go. If you allow this thing to get larger..there will come a time when the Amercians will be demanding your children to serve their needs of war. If we do not get a grip on this - and it escalates out of control - a draft could be force on our young...What will we as Canadians do then? Hide our sons and daughters in the attic so they will not be used up for war fare? Once we are gone from Afghanistan - it will become Afghanistan again. Now that we have passed the 100 dead mark - it could get up to 3000 ..then what...This is what happened in Iraq with the Americans - first it was 100 - then they stopped counting and no longer release the numbers...do we want that?

With our aging population - high grade opiates will be needed to provide a toleralbe existance to some - the Opium crops should be bought up by legitimate buyers and utlized properly. No synthetic can match the benefical effects of well grown natrual opiates. The Afghanis are very very good at growing dope..our attitude about it is what is killing us. We all imagine the herione addict dying and constipated to death - stealing your big screen high def...opium is a valuabe crop - as we age and are made uncomfortable by our damaged bodies..there would be nothing wrong with people in their 60s and 90s using this narcotic. The addiction factor is redundant. Lets get this ruse over with and just pay the Afghanis for their crops instead of stealing them - no wonder they are pissed off.

I would rather not be known as the country that said. Lets start nuclear war and while we are at it starve half the world. Then instead of being known as a strong nation we will be known as the dumbest fucked up nation in the world.

Fortunately, some people still view us as the "good guys".. It is a reputation that is slowly dying off but lets not speed up the process any faster shall we?