Our Neighbours Could Be Terrorists!

But it wasn't so it didn't. There was no mandate to invade Iraq, only to liberate Kuwait and to end the threat of future invasions. To that end iraq signed off...

I know that a reason they didn't continue their advance on Baghdad was the sheer amount of destruction they had caused on their way towards it...

I would say a possible the reason was as much to liberate Kuwait as it was to a) keep Iraq from having a sea port to export their Oil, severely limiting their presence in a international market... B ) To secure the Oil in Kuwait to keep it in the hands of a more internationally "friendly" country...

Edited by -VMG-

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that a reason they didn't continue their advance on Baghdad was the sheer amount of destruction they had caused on their way towards it...

Nope

I would say a possible the reason was as much to liberate Kuwait as it was to a) keep Iraq from having a sea port to export their Oil, severely limiting their presence in a international market...

they alrady had a seaport, Basra.

B ) To secure the Oil in Kuwait to keep it in the hands of a more internationally "friendly" country...

Kuwaits oil is kuwaits oil..they sell it to whoever wants it

I do not believe supranational military operations can be put on the hands of Canada completely....

Nope...but it does put your false contention about Canada not attacking another sovereign to bed.

I don't have much information of Serbia... but what i have seen is that it was a NATO operation... doesn't relieve Canada of any faults... but it does show that it wasn't just Canada attacking a country... Did Canada lead the attack on serbia? or were we simply part of the operation?

Oh...so now you are qualifying your original idea to "leading the attack". Well hell, Canada didn't lead the attack on Nazi Germany either, but I am certain some credit is due, eh?

How does the first question about Germany Italy and Japan have any relevance?

The Allies did not stop at the border of these countries.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Taliban is not the one whos doing the terrorist attacks in western countries... they are defending their country from foreign occupation. And i do believe the leaders of Al-Qaeda do understand that it is retaliatory.

When have we attacked other sovereign states? We do peace-keeping missions... the only time we attacked another sovereign state was Afghanistan I might add that we have command of the armies there, and we do not use "american kit"... we have our own sub-par stuff.

Probably a good idea considering they don't believe in Christmas like we do.

Gotta love it when someone who doesn't have a clue tries to pretend they do.

First, the Taliban are not defending their country, the very vast majority of them are not Afghani.

Peace keeping is a non existent fallacy foisted on a gullible Canadian public, as BC points out, peace killing is a far more accurate descriptor. As for the only time we've atacked etc. Well, wrong, wrong and wrong again.

So we don't use American kit. Well holy shit, I wonder where all that American kit came from that myself and my peers used for the 20 years I was in the forces.

So, how bout giving me another good laugh by making another post such as the one I quoted?

You say without proof you aren't in anyway sold. Canada being a safe haven for terrorists is a well-known fact. You can look at the following list of terrorist organizations active in Canada published by Public Safety Canada:

http://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/prg/ns/le/cle-eng.aspx

The whole article talks about known terrorist groups worldwide. Nothing indicated there that they are all operating inside Canada.

I think a lot of you are missing the point that even though there has been no terrorist attack as a result of infiltration through the Canada/US border, something like that could happen, and we should act BEFORE for once. We always seem to act after it's too late.

Yes but then there are the attacks that you cannot prevent no matter what you do. No amount of preparation will prevent the next terror attack. One will slip through the cracks and then you can go back to this statement and see if it holds any water.

WULF42

Punked you really need to pull your head out of the sand....this country is full of terrorist's it is common knowledge. On Sept 10/2001 the Americans likely thought the same as you!! wake up for Crists sake these people need to be found and captured or killed , i can't believe how many people in this country are so naive...

We are not naive. We just don't buy into the over hypedfearmongering that goes on by the powers that be. We are always told to be scared and on the look out for terrorists. Cripes, I don't want to worry about it, and I don't. If it happens, it happens and no amount of preparation will be enough when the next attack hits. The criminals are always a couple steps ahead of Law enforcement and will always be two steps ahead.

I worry about the health care system(or lack of) more. Because it is a more immediate and known problem. It is something we can throw money at to improve. There is no real way of gaguing how effective we are at combating terrorism. All we see is more restrictions and more checks to go through on our daily lives. This does not hamper the terrorists at all. NOT one bit. They have their ways and the more restrictions we put on the general public the easier it will be for an attack to happen.

I really hate to quote Lea at a time like this but "The harder your grip, the more (star systems) terrorists will fall through your fingers." And this is true for the most part. Terrorists don't live on the radar, any radar. And the 4 links you provided Wulf show that those plots have been averted. Yes they are here, they have been for decades.

The last major terror attack I know of in Canada was the FLQ in Quebec. This is homegrown terrorism and not even the kind of people we profile today. Then there was the Air India case.

Unfortunately we are dealing with a new world....these Islamic radical creeps are hell bent on destroying our way of life, we either get them or they are going to get us! simple as that really! The only ones whose freedoms are being affected is the people we are after.......

Radical Islamists have taken nothing away from me. If anything is taken away it is because my government did it. Radical Islam does not tell us we need more restrictions to catch them, our government(s) do. And if our new restrictions hamper terrorists, I'd love to see evidence of them. These restrictions only frustrate law abiding citizens. And the laws in our countries do not apply to those who are not in the country.

Capricorn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_India_Flight_182

The fact that the 280 Canadians killed by terrorists were sitting on an airplane does not negate the fact that the attack was perpetrated against Canada and Canadians.

And judging by the other attack almost an hour earlier, and with another Air India plane, tells me they were not after Canadians. Or if you will, that was not their initial or intended target.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_India_Flight_301

At 07:13 on Sunday June 23, 1985 an explosion in the New Tokyo International Airport (now Narita International Airport) baggage terminal killed two baggage handlers, and injured four. The bomb in that bag was intended for Air India Flight 301 with 177 passengers and crew on board, bound for Bangkok.

This was not a single pronged attack, and since the same person was the mastermind behind both attacks, you can bet there was more than just Canadians at stake here.

Bush Cheney

Well...there is that touchy matter of infidel Canadian combat troops in Afghanistan killing the locals. Could be a slight provocation....just sayin'.

Like Ron Paul said, the reson why 9/11 happend is because we have been over there. Just sayin'.

I agree....Canada attacks other sovereign states rationally...with American kit!

I have heard on several occasions where the US troops give their kits to the Canadian snipers on the fact that our snipers are the best. But this may be one of the few areas Canadian troops excel at.

Like Ron Paul said, the reson why 9/11 happend is because we have been over there. Just sayin'.

And that's why he did so well in the election.

I have heard on several occasions where the US troops give their kits to the Canadian snipers on the fact that our snipers are the best. But this may be one of the few areas Canadian troops excel at.

Canadian troops excel at a lot of things, given the right American ammunition, spotter, and support, as was the case in the world record distance shot.

WULF42

We are not naive. We just don't buy into the over hypedfearmongering that goes on by the powers that be. We are always told to be scared and on the look out for terrorists. Cripes, I don't want to worry about it, and I don't. If it happens, it happens and no amount of preparation will be enough when the next attack hits. The criminals are always a couple steps ahead of Law enforcement and will always be two steps ahead.

I worry about the health care system(or lack of) more. Because it is a more immediate and known problem. It is something we can throw money at to improve. There is no real way of gaguing how effective we are at combating terrorism. All we see is more restrictions and more checks to go through on our daily lives. This does not hamper the terrorists at all. NOT one bit. They have their ways and the more restrictions we put on the general public the easier it will be for an attack to happen.

I really hate to quote Lea at a time like this but "The harder your grip, the more (star systems) terrorists will fall through your fingers." And this is true for the most part. Terrorists don't live on the radar, any radar. And the 4 links you provided Wulf show that those plots have been averted. Yes they are here, they have been for decades.

The last major terror attack I know of in Canada was the FLQ in Quebec. This is homegrown terrorism and not even the kind of people we profile today. Then there was the Air India case.

Radical Islamists have taken nothing away from me. If anything is taken away it is because my government did it. Radical Islam does not tell us we need more restrictions to catch them, our government(s) do. And if our new restrictions hamper terrorists, I'd love to see evidence of them. These restrictions only frustrate law abiding citizens. And the laws in our countries do not apply to those who are not in the country.

I don't like to have to worry about Terrorism either but i really believe the way to defeat this scum is to watch and keep an eye on these groups operating in Canada and watch their movements and eavesdrop on them ...i do believe the way to completely defeating them is to do exactly what we are doing in Afghanistan...killing them there by the hundreds and taking away their training bases...never give them a moments peace..the Americans are killing them in Pakistan now with hit and run attacks where once they were safe....we have to hunt them down and kill them where they sleep,train...and attack any safe havens they may have....we need to turn the tables and terrorize them and keep them unbalanced so they can't organize and plan attacks against us here.

Evil and stupidy are the same thing. My son said that he would like to spend the day giving a punch in the head of every evil stupid person he runs into. I said to him..by the time you are though your first day your damn arm and hand will have withered and fallen off. When are people going to stop fearing the idiots?

who was that supposed to be

Master Cpl. Tim McMeekin (PPCLI) and Sgt. Zevon Durham (US Army) supported Cpl. Rob Furlong.

The McMillan Tac-50, Hornady .50 cal low drag ammunition, and Leupold optical sight.....all American kit. The Chinooks were...American. The lives potentially saved were also American.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Master Cpl. Tim McMeekin (PPCLI) and Sgt. Zevon Durham (US Army) supported Cpl. Rob Furlong.

The McMillan Tac-50, Hornady .50 cal low drag ammunition, and Leupold optical sight.....all American kit. The Chinooks were...American. The lives potentially saved were also American.

okay, so he had a whole team of guys and only one guy was American..