Should Canada and the U.S. become one nation?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of reasons....but mostly for my own entertainment.

I can be the Ugly American you love to hate (but need as a foil to define a Canadian "identity"), or I can be the unforgiving steel fist in a velvet glove that represents the raw arrogance of a hegemon, or I can be the pesky mirror that reflects your own domestic and international foibles even as venom is spit America's way, or I can be the ignorant American trying to become more informed about Canada, or I can be.....

Actually maybe i am a minority here but i have great respect for the Americans..i rather have them beside me than Pakistan.....lol

Actually maybe i am a minority here but i have great respect for the Americans..i rather have them beside me than Pakistan.....lol

I don't see why anybody would have a problem with the Americans.. We are mutually closest allies and trading partners.. We speak the same language, we are both secular.. We may be different but we are buddies

I don't see why anybody would have a problem with the Americans.. We are mutually closest allies and trading partners..

Geographically yes...but so is Mexico. Canada is not America's closest ally on policy...the United Kingdom is.

We speak the same language, we are both secular.. We may be different but we are buddies

Really...se habla Espanol?

No way am I partaking in same sex marriage with America - union shmunion! Joining up with you guys would be like having to sleep with my big brother when I was 3...nope - I have my own room and I'm not giving it up.

...and as it should be. Americans do not pout and stomp their feet, threatening to "join" Canada.

America cannot save Canada from itself.

...and as it should be. Americans do not pout and stomp their feet, threatening to "join" Canada.

America cannot save Canada from itself.

Come to think about it, I've never heard an America cry out in desperation to be part of the Great White North - soon to be green....so you got Polar bears down there? Want some? It's a bit distressing when you see such a lack of personal confidence in Canadians. What is that anyway? Some say we have not developed as a culture because we wanted to stay home with our mum the Queen - and you fellows told Mum to F off..and got your own place. :rolleyes:

Geographically yes...but so is Mexico. Canada is not America's closest ally on policy...the United Kingdom is.

Really...se habla Espanol?

We still remain as your largest trading partner... So lets just get along shall we?

EDIT: Full Sovereignty does not mean that we have to go around antagonizing everybody who is not part of our nation..

Edited by LesterDC

To trade is to share. We have always given the other what they need. Like a brother you may disagree with or a son - no matter what you will never deny them a place at the table.

Precisely so. We also have to realize that, it is only because of our unique and intimate relationship with the United States that we are having the discussion about a merge between our two great nations. We may have our disagreements but we still remain closest allies and partners. Any comments to the contrary, tell that to NATO, NORAD, NAFTA and other joint organizations..

Come to think about it, I've never heard an America cry out in desperation to be part of the Great White North - soon to be green....so you got Polar bears down there?

Got some....in Alaska.

It's a bit distressing when you see such a lack of personal confidence in Canadians. What is that anyway? Some say we have not developed as a culture because we wanted to stay home with our mum the Queen - and you fellows told Mum to F off..and got your own place. :rolleyes:

I think it goes back to those yellow bellied loyalists kissing the king's ass back in 1776.

We still remain as your largest trading partner... So lets just get along shall we?

Not much longer...China is in your rear view mirror.

EDIT: Full Sovereignty does not mean that we have to go around antagonizing everybody who is not part of our nation..

What does that mean? Pretending just for the sake of ass smooching? Ooops...that could be considered "antagonistic"...sorry.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Got some....in Alaska.

I think it goes back to those yellow bellied loyalists kissing the king's ass back in 1776.

That ass kissing is typically Canadian..we are like abused children who cuddle up to the abuser- so the abusive one can not have the room to take a full hard swing at us. That's the difference between the Canadian mind set as compared to yours. If you abuse an American - he will defend himself. Where as a Canadian is so conditioned to abuse that they don't even know when they are being screwed...look at Harper screwing us by sending the boys of to battle it out with goat herders...Americans would say no way and "what's in it for me?" -If there was a potential for profit..the Americans would march off - we go for free. That's why you prospered in the past by leaps and bounds and we simply survived. But survival is success in the end. Is it not?

Not much longer...China is in your rear view mirror.

What does that mean? Pretending just for the sake of ass smooching? Ooops...that could be considered "antagonistic"...sorry.

Right. Fine. I am sure that you do not speak for the United States as a whole.. But I guess by bringing China up you are really saying that you do not want to get along with Canada.. Instead, you would much rather get along with China..

You know what I meant by that statement? I meant that I should not be bashing the Americans because they have a different view on things. We may have differences but that is why I live up here and you live down there. Does this mean that we cannot get along? Of course it doesn't.. After all, we are all human beings..

Right. Fine. I am sure that you do not speak for the United States as a whole.. But I guess by bringing China up you are really saying that you do not want to get along with Canada.. Instead, you would much rather get along with China..

So what's wrong with China? You want me to speak ill of China just to keep Canada happy? But if you insist, it is much more important to "get along" with China (1 billion +) than Canada (36 million).

Correct...I am only one of 300,000,000 Americans.

You know what I meant by that statement? I meant that I should not be bashing the Americans because they have a different view on things. We may have differences but that is why I live up here and you live down there. Does this mean that we cannot get along? Of course it doesn't.. After all, we are all human beings..

Being a human being doesn't count for much these days, American or otherwise.

So what's wrong with China? You want me to speak ill of China just to keep Canada happy? But if you insist, it is much more important to "get along" with China (1 billion +) than Canada (36 million).

So much for being a solider of democracy and human rights..

Being a human being doesn't count for much these days, American or otherwise.

I have a feeling that you are pulling my leg..

Are you still depressed? Human being do count...do I have to hire you a life coach? I really thought that you were going to turn a new page. If you keep going on about what useless and expendable things humans are - you may increase that stupid attitude...don't encourage the negative my friend....You are so so so so SPECIAL..Suddenly I feel like one of those early childhood liberal educators telling a kid with an IQ of 29 that he is SPECIAL.. ;)

Are you still depressed? Human being do count...do I have to hire you a life coach? I really thought that you were going to turn a new page. If you keep going on about what useless and expendable things humans are - you may increase that stupid attitude...don't encourage the negative my friend....You are so so so so SPECIAL..Suddenly I feel like one of those early childhood liberal educators telling a kid with an IQ of 29 that he is SPECIAL.. ;)

Is this when you ask me to pull my pants down?