The disappearing male

RB

Published: 10 April 2007

A new study from the University of Pittsburgh has found that during the past thirty years, the number of male births has steadily decreased in the U.S. and Japan

Click here
Published: Thursday, November 06, 2008

Aamjiwnaang - the poster community

The researchers looked at the community's birth records since 1984 and saw "a dramatic drop in the number of boys being born in the last 10 years, particularly in the five-year period between 1998 and 2003," Brophy said.

Of 132 Aamjiwnaang babies born between 1999 and 2003, only 46 were boys. Typically, about 105 boys are born for every 100 girls in Canada.

click here
The Disappearing Male is about one of the most important, and least publicized issue facing the human species says the CBC
View the documentary here

Disturbing isn't it?

(sorry folks I don't know how to insert the links to make them clickable)

Edited by Charles Anthony
quotes and links corrected

A new study from the University of Pittsburgh has found that during the past thirty years, the number of male births has steadily decreased in the U.S. and JapanClick here

Published: Thursday, November 06, 2008

Aamjiwnaang - the poster community

The researchers looked at the community's birth records since 1984 and saw "a dramatic drop in the number of boys being born in the last 10 years, particularly in the five-year period between 1998 and 2003," Brophy said.

Of 132 Aamjiwnaang babies born between 1999 and 2003, only 46 were boys. Typically, about 105 boys are born for every 100 girls in Canada. click here

The Disappearing Male is about one of the most important, and least publicized issue facing the human species says the CBC View the documentary here

Disturbing isn't it?

Just let me breed unimpeded by wacko social engineers who have lost their natural skill to survive! Those who can not see human extinction coming over the hill like a fat bovine gone carnivor, lack vision - It's not just the depletion of males that concerns me - It is the systemic destruction of manhood - as if it is the male that should be punished when it is estrogen that is the chemical of the war and hunt.

A new study from the University of Pittsburgh has found that during the past thirty years, the number of male births has steadily decreased in the U.S. and Japan [Disturbing isn't it?

(sorry folks I don't know how to insert the links to make them clickable)

My daughters grade four class has 21 or so student. There are 2 (two) boys.

Her grade three class had 4 boys.

She thinks it's great, so does her teacher. My daughter wishes they could wear unifoms too...

Factsheet: Male Infertility

Factsheet: Male Infertility
  • Sperm counts have been cut in half in the last fifty years - and 85% of that is abnormal.
  • In the last few decades there has been a 200% increase in male genital birth defects.
  • Male birth rates have declined. Since 1970 there have been nearly 3 million fewer baby boys

• There are more than 20 heavily industrialized nations where the birth of baby boys has declined every year for the past 30 years - amounting to 3 million fewer baby boys.
  • The number of boys born with penis abnormalities and genital defects has increased by 200% in the past two decades.
  • Boys have a higher incidence of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, learning disabilities, Tourett's syndrome, cerebral palsy and dyslexia.
  • Boys are four times as likely to be autistic.
  • The average sperm count of a North American college student today is less than half of what it was 50 years ago.
  • The quality of sperm is declining. Eighty-five per cent of the sperm produced by a healthy male is DNA-damaged.
  • Damaged sperm have been linked to a 300% increase in testicular cancer - a form of cancer that affects young men in their 20s and 30s.
  • The chemical industry has developed more than 90,000 man-made chemicals in the last sixty years. Eighty-five percent of them have never undergone testing for their impact on the human body.

Could be the plastics the leach into our bodies that are making us in to not quite females and not full males..This does not happen in the natural world - only in our polluted one - maybe chemistry was not the better way?

It probably has more to do with the synthetic hormones in birth control that don't break down. The propblem is linked to more then just the human species.

I know what this sounds like, but google transgender fish, make sure your search filter is on though, or you will get a lot of very interesting results.

She thinks it's great, so does her teacher. My daughter wishes they could wear unifoms too...

I am always happy that women have overwhelm the males in the education bit, so I never really took notice before. Now that you mentioned school there are sometimes about 12 students in my various classes currently only 1 fellow, the professors are usually males - I guess because of the older generation. Could this be the spiraling trend that was not worthy to intercept and we are thinking the boys are simply ditching shcool when in fact they are reducing in numbers Men are missing in classrooms

Edited by RB

I am always happy that women have overwhelm the males in the education bit, so I never really took notice before.
A bureaucratic State education can favour one sex over another but nature has its own way of re-establishing a balance.

To compare, traditional beliefs in China can favour sons over daughters. If many Chinese mothers abort potential daughters, will this lead to a nation of boys? [The idea is absurd. You can throw away all the coins that land heads, but that won't mean you'll only have coins with tails on both sides.]

There are many species with a single sex but the vast majority of species have two sexes:

Mushrooms have as many as 36,000 sexes, and a strange growth called slime mould has about thirteen. But these are rare exceptions to the almost universal rule that life on earth is divided into two sexes.
BBC

What is the difference between the two sexes? In all two-sex species, what we call "female" brings more to procreation than "male". A "female" is a simple customer whereas a "male" is a shop. To the customer, the choice of shop is a major decision. For the shop, a customer is one transaction among many.

In more prosaic and human terms, females get about 20 shots in the arcade and males get several thousand. In almost all two-sexed, "unbiased" species, females are more careful in their aim.

-----

RB, you raise the curious situation of "biased" sexes (bees, for example) where one sex is greater in number than than the other. To my knowledge, there are very few species like this. I somehow doubt that State education or traditions of society can overcome several million years of evolution.

Let me duck the flying objects as I throw this name out, but yes, Michael Moore touches on the subject of the disappearing male in the beginning of one of his books, I can't remember which one. (yes, I've read more than one :( ).

Anyway, according to Moore's theory, nature often has a way of purging that which is disruptive to its balance, and the disappearing male birthrate is one such example.

Obviously he is speaking tongue-in-cheek, but who knows really.... I mean, I certainly can't explain why we've come to this point. But what I do know is that genetically, species that survive are said to be the fittest.... and women don't need men anymore to ensure the survival of the species.

Personally, I think the Goddesses are being far too severe in their punishment.

But at least I can be thankful to have been born into this generation. :rolleyes:

One thing I read recently that concerns me, could be related to this- the amount of pharmaceuticals appearing in our drinking water. Whenever you take pills, including birth control hormones as someone mentioned earlier, those chemicals are excreted in your urine and make their way into to the water system. Chances are there is always a low-level amount of hormones and drugs in every glass of water you drink, use for cooking and bathing. It's like a chemical cocktail, mixture of a little bit of everything, and this is cannot be easily filtered out. No one knows what long-term effect this will have on human populations. Animals would be affected as well.

:(

One thing I read recently that concerns me, could be related to this- the amount of pharmaceuticals appearing in our drinking water. ...

No kidding as I was reading up on this topic - one of the solutions offered especially in developing nations is to add chemicals to the water, in other words induce women fertility rates.

Edited by RB

A bureaucratic State education can favour one sex over another but nature has its own way of re-establishing a balance.

To compare, traditional beliefs in China can favour sons over daughters. If many Chinese mothers abort potential daughters, will this lead to a nation of boys? [The idea is absurd. You can throw away all the coins that land heads, but that won't mean you'll only have coins with tails on both sides.]

I don't think it is the Chinese only that have a preference for male children.

But, I can see where you are coming from - say for example there is less males birth than females birth the but males have a better prospect mating and resulting tendencies will produce more off-spring. Fisher came up with this theory of the 1:1 sex ratio as the sexes approach equilibrium, the advantage/tendencies that promoted the production of males dies away. Perhaps this is what is meant by nature takes its course.

I suspect that she will have a different opinion once she reaches high school...

I am confused since this is exactly what is happening in China. They even have a ministry to combat it, according to Natl Geographic doc from last week.

Something like a 20million imbalance of women vs men. They said that men who get to marrying age will be hard pressed to find anyone available.

I'm sure she'll be just as happy when she's a teenager and can't find a date that doesn't have breasts.

I'm sure she'll be just as happy when she's a teenager and can't find a date that doesn't have breasts.

Not that there isn't or is a shortage of boys. Just that she is in french immersion and the grils outnumber boys in the higher grades by 10 to 1. In kindergarten and grade on, the mix was near even...as they progress, boys are weeded ouyt because they are picking up french as well as they should to continue...Something to do with girls developing language skills faster than boys.

I'm sure when she is older she will be okay making more money than the unilinguals.

Poor kid. She'll want to move out by 15.

Maybe she can get one those cheap mikedavid houses , 3000sf, pool , 2 acres all for the low price of $155,000 .

That would work out perfestly..I could retire in 6 years and live...poorly