U.S. Election Results 2008

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defeat? I am an American....celebrating a victory for democracy, one that Canadians said would never happen in racist America. Fact is, it may never happen in Canada. How ironic.....Harper-Bush was "re-elected"...the Americans have moved on.

Yeah, yeah... whatever... had McCain won, you'd be showing us with partisan drivel to no end... "victory for democracy" indeed...

Hopefully Obama will outlaw the GOP and let the Democrats rule forever that way we can be assured to fair and honest government.

You dont actually believe what you are typing right? Do you realize the popular vote was like a two percent spread? Try that crap and you will watch this country explode into civil war. Obama would not be able to leave the white house he would be shot at anywhere he went.

You dont actually believe what you are typing right? Do you realize the popular vote was like a two percent spread? Try that crap and you will watch this country explode into civil war. Obama would not be able to leave the white house he would be shot at anywhere he went.

How can the evil GOP ever be trusted to run the USA ever again? They are warmongers aren't they?

I wish Obama well. His has a big mountain to climb.

What worries me. Dems control the Senate and House...this could set up the country up for abuse. I'm just putting that out there. It doesn't mean it will happen, but it's like having the keys to the house, car, and boat.

Republicans - Time to re-group and get your shit together.

Edited by Cameron

What worries me. Dems control the Senate and House...this could set up the country up for abuse. I'm just putting that out there. It doesn't mean it will happen, but it's like having the keys to the house, car, and boat.

WEll they could do no worse than the GOP. So as long as he doesn't invade another country he'll be re-elected.

Well two years from now they can fix some of that. For now the Dems can get a lot of things done. If they screw up, they're gone next time around.

Let's review how one smarmy prognosticator did for congressional seats in the Great State of Minnesota:

Coleman - Franken.......was tied at 42%, but Senator Coleman has begun to pull away with outstate precints being reported

Paulsen - Madia ......Paulsen is the projected winner

Bachmann - Tinklenberg .........Bachmann is winning

Some personal attacks just don't work out.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Let's review how one smarmy prognosticator did for congressional seats in the Great State of Minnesota:

Coleman - Franken.......was tied at 42%, but Senator Coleman has begun to pull away with outstate precints being reported

Paulsen - Madia ......Paulsen is the projected winner

Bachmann - Tinklenberg .........Bachmann is winning

Some personal attacks just don't work out.

All I know is that I for one--will not miss that dumb smirk of Bush's

All I know is that I for one--will not miss that dumb smirk of Bush's

I never thought too much about his looks. It was his policies that many won't miss.

As for the person you replied to, they have a weird sense of what constitutes a personal attack. lol

Well two years from now they can fix some of that. For now the Dems can get a lot of things done. If they screw up, they're gone next time around.

I expect we will see some Supreme Court Justices step down in the next four years. I figure that some Democratic appointees were hanging on hoping that their replacement would not be chosen by the GOP.

That will be one of the big changes.

One other thing will be Iraq. The deal to bring troops back that Bush was negotiating is confusing. Obama will have to bring some clarity to that.

The main thing that people will look to the new President is some indication of a how to get the economy back on track.

Defeat? I am an American....celebrating a victory for democracy, one that Canadians said would never happen in racist America. Fact is, it may never happen in Canada. How ironic.....Harper-Bush was "re-elected"...the Americans have moved on.

I was rooting for Obama all the way.. I don't doubt that a man/woman with a visible ethnicity could become Prime Minister.. We had Lincoln Alexander didn't we? Our Governor General is of a visible minority..

Hopefully Obama will outlaw the GOP and let the Democrats rule forever that way we can be assured to fair and honest government.
How can the evil GOP ever be trusted to run the USA ever again? They are warmongers aren't they?

Wow. I didn't think that you were serious