Elizabeth May's mixed messages

So the blog is wrong to say she's running third. So what. The margin of error suggests the fight for 2nd place is tight and won't be known until after the vote. The traitor of the Green Party would deserve to finish last in Central Nova.

LoL :D

Belinda Stronach could be called a traitor for crossing the floor over to the Liberals (after dumping McCain).

Steven Harper could be called a traitor for betraying the Progressive-Conservative ideas.

Elisabeth May? Who did she ever betray?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LoL :D

Belinda Stronach could be called a traitor for crossing the floor over to the Liberals (after dumping McCain).

Steven Harper could be called a traitor for betraying the Progressive-Conservative ideas.

My older brother votes Green - lately he inherited a wack of cash - now I doubt if he will vote Green...I hope the prick invested in the stock market - I hate being the poor younger brother - so I stick to conservatism....with a touch of liberal love but not enough civic mindedness to be labled a fool.

So because I don't watch everything you do, I'm not following the election?

Of course you have your own sources and it's good that you stay informed. It seems there is wall to wall coverage right now so the chances are slim we'd be watching the same coverage at the very same time. I'm sure you realize that instantaneous news broadcasts don't always make it in print. I don't have a cite for the coverage I saw on CTV just as I'm sure you hear TV reports that don't make it in the print media. What I do is switch between CTV, CBC newsworld, CPAC and RDI (French). And then there's the internet....Lucky for me I'm retired.

I hadn't heard Belinda was doing John McCain. There goes my lunch.

Explain that will you since he was never the leader of the Progressive Conservatives.

Her party, her candidates and her supporters. That's all.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/5521

Each Green supporter that swings to the Liberals or the NDP means less money for the Greens to push forward their lofty environmental policies and goals. What do you call someone who works against the advancement of one's own party, especially a party that is in the growing stage? I call that someone a traitor.

Nonsense! The problem is there are already too many people who are putting party first. The Greens are an issue-oriented party, not a regional party, and that's why the Green Party ends up with no seats in Parliament, even though it's poll numbers track about equal to the BQ. Until there is at least a partial proportional system of parliament, new parties with new ideas, can only grow as far as they are noticed by the majors (usually the Liberals) and have their ideas stolen. The only way for a new party to get a place in Parliament is if one of the existing three implodes.

The problem is there are already too many people who are putting party first.

The Green Party ideology is based on putting earth and the environment first. That's not the case with the other parties. So, with their call to vote for other parties, I conclude that their attachment to this unique ideology is shallow and negotiable. How can the Greens hope to attract candidates and supporters with this self defeating attitude?

Well what she said was very unfair to the grass roots people putting in all that work for her party.

The left are very selfish people.

Could you imagine donating money to the Green Party, and near the end of the campaign the leader endorses the Liberal Party?

No wonder Dion wanted May in the debate so badly. The smells very fishy and undemocratic to me.

What are they working for. They are fighting for the environment. Heck with party loyalty do what is best for Canada.

Maybe so,

But they already succeeded if that's the case..

She didn't have to go and make thos comments. Imagine going door to door and working your but off just to have her say those things.

FWIW, even when I was a kid the Green Party was around and got moderate attention. I've never met someone (in person) who believes she belonged at the debates. There is something a bit fishy there.

What are they working for. They are fighting for the environment. Heck with party loyalty do what is best for Canada.

So in this fight for the environment, May aligns herself with a party that was in power 13 years, did nothing for the environment and sat idly by while our GHG emissions went through the roof. I agree with lukin, something smells fishy.

Oh, this Libgreen deal is definitely what's best for the country. Give me a break.

I would be ticked off if I as a green party member and probably would revolt by not voting for the Liberals as TOLD to do just to make a point.

It just seems ridiculous, Green, NDP and Liberals are truly mainly preaching the same crap and May was right, the vote is too split just as the Conservatives with all this parties like Christian Heritage Party, Canadian Action Party, etc.

I kind of like the 2 party system the USA has, (do not read me wrong or put words in my mouth, I love Canada and want nothing to do ith the US political arena) but 2 parties would be alot more clear cut.

The Green Party ideology is based on putting earth and the environment first. That's not the case with the other parties. So, with their call to vote for other parties, I conclude that their attachment to this unique ideology is shallow and negotiable. How can the Greens hope to attract candidates and supporters with this self defeating attitude?

The calls were to vote for the party that promises to do most for the environment (other then Green) against a party that would to least.

Makes perfect sense in every way.

This is part of the e-mail message Elisabeth May sent to Green Party's supporters yesterday:

"So I am not only urging you to get out and vote Green, I am also asking you to miss no opportunity between now and Tuesday to share our vision with your friends and colleagues. The Green Party has made giant strides in this campaign. Our polling numbers remain strong and there are several ridings where Green candidates have a real chance to break through on Election Day. Every vote makes our party stronger, ensuring that the Green message will continue to be heard loud and clear after the election is over."

No word of voting for any other parties.

I would be ticked off if I as a green party member and probably would revolt by not voting for the Liberals as TOLD to do just to make a point.

It just seems ridiculous, Green, NDP and Liberals are truly mainly preaching the same crap and May was right, the vote is too split just as the Conservatives with all this parties like Christian Heritage Party, Canadian Action Party, etc.

I kind of like the 2 party system the USA has, (do not read me wrong or put words in my mouth, I love Canada and want nothing to do ith the US political arena) but 2 parties would be alot more clear cut.

I like having choices. The Conservative party we have now would not exist were it not for the upstart Reform.

What I don't like is having so many choices that fragment things to the point where majorities are very unlikely. We need to adopt a system where the winner is the winner, period. That could be done by making it so a minority cannot be defeated by vote of non-confidence, or we could reform the voting system in some manner so that a majority is required.

The Liberal Party offered up a carbon tax proposal similar to the Green Party's plan, so in a riding where a Liberal has a chance to defeat a Conservative or NDP candidate, a pragmatic Green may decide to vote strategically for the Liberal candidate. That's the only practical way to advance the strategy of shifting taxation away from income and on to sources of pollution.

So, who's being shallow? The Greens, or the Conservatives, who have advanced a cap and trade system they have already tipped off everyone that will be a toothless tiger that will allow them to pay lip service to the environment issue.

So, who's being shallow? The Greens, or the Conservatives, who have advanced a cap and trade system they have already tipped off everyone that will be a toothless tiger that will allow them to pay lip service to the environment issue.

I'd much rather see lip service to the lunatics than full-fledged adherence to the doomsday cult.

That depends whether your priority is the party or it really is for the environment that party vowed to protect.

Nah. The Liberals USED the environment issue! The Green Plan is not for the environment....it's not even going to reduce gas emissions. It's a pay-to-pollute policy. It is just a tax grab scheme.

The Green Party Deputy Leader said they were naive into believing the Liberals, that in the end the "Red Machine" is just the same-old, same-old.

If your main priority is for the environment, look to the NDP and the Conservatives...and decide which plan you agree with.

And yes, she did sell out her party.

This woman that they're trying to paint as "authentic" and "refreshing" is just as easily comfortable making side deals and getting in bed with the Liberals just like any hardened politicians.

To be so intuned to the sleazy ways of politics and for a rookie at that, what more with a few years of experience to hone this skill. She is of the very same mold. Nothing authentic or refreshing about her.

I feel sorry for the Green Party. They need votes to raise funds and May is giving it to the Liberals.

I betcha the Liberals had hatched this plan with her right from the very start!