debate aftermath

The cheap shots you see in electronic media such as this one - usually consist of "You have not taken your meds today have you". You know from that type of comment that the person is of the mind - that does not want to expand and grow. Cheap shots like "stoner" are stupid - how the hell does this person know if you are impaired or not? These are inaccurate attempts to convict and marginalize...quiet stunted and cowardly if you ask me....show respect and empower each other -we are not kids....wait.... :lol::lol::lol: Or maybe we are?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, she wasn't there to look pretty and wink at the audience like Palin :P

She has proven a formidable opponent to any and all other party leader(s).

She was fast, concise, stayed on the topic, used more facts than accusations and overall was one of the best examples of women in politics.

She was loud, obnoxious and had to be quieted by the moderator on numerous occasions because she couldn't follow simple debate rules. The benefit that she had was also that nobody ever paid attention to anything she said. Harper defended against some of her attacks but largely she was ignored.

It's easy to appear successful in a debate if nobody is really debating with you.

Unfortunately this is standard fare for you when embarrased. We are used to it now.

Pretty sure that snicker was directed at your juvenile denigrations of all the non jobs the leaders have had.

You should re-read the post outlining the jobs May has had. I could walk you through it and point them out if you need some help.

You are funny when angry.

Uh huh. All that reveals is you're as clueless in assessing people's moods as you are on every other subject you prattle on about. Bored disdain would be more accurate.

Well, she wasn't there to look pretty and wink at the audience like Palin :P

She has proven a formidable opponent to any and all other party leader(s).

She was fast, concise, stayed on the topic, used more facts than accusations and overall was one of the best examples of women in politics.

She was a clueless harpy. Most of her facts were in error, and all she did was make accusations all night long.

Is she your girlfriend or something?

Elizabeth May hit the Harper target time after time after time. He had no responses to her thrashing. The PM's failed debate performances is backed up just released polls showing his party now behind it's finish in the 2006 election.

Election analysis in 2 weeks will show Elizabeth May's debate skills contributed to another Tory minority - snatching a minority from a mid election majority will be Harpers political legacy.

She was a clueless harpy.

Did you mean:

She was as clueless as Harper?

Well then we can agree on something: May is as clueless about sponsoring big polluters as Harper is about protecting the environment.

Most of her facts were in error, and all she did was make accusations all night long.

Most of her facts were unknown to Harper as he couldn't care less about reducing greenhouse gas emissions.

She made no more accusations than Harper but she actually gave him credit for protecting national parks.

Is she your girlfriend or something?

That must have been a good joke when you were in kindergarten... glad you memorized it :D

Really? I thought Steve Paikin did a really good job. Better than any other moderator I've seen for these things. He's one of the Canadian broadcast industry's best untapped gems, IMO.

+ 1

This guy will go places.

The format just didn't allow for enough time for Harper to respond fully. That's not Paikin's fault. There were just too many people at the table.

Speaking about format I don't like the table arrangement at all. I have a feeling that the networks dumped the podium for the table because of May. She's five foot nothing and she would have looked like a dwarf compared to the men at the podium. The "little woman" image so to speak. Even if they had provided a stepstool behind a podium for her to stand on, it just would not have looked natural. Who knows, maybe the table was her idea. I'd love to be proven wrong on that.

After years of marriage? I'll have to remember that one.

It was on CTV, he also doesn't wear a watch. That was brought up.

I never noticed it, and I know lots of guys who are happily married and don't wear the ring.

That's CTV's excuse, I haven't seen a ring on his finger before or since. If there was one before that would be odd.

You made a tinfoil comment and you know it. I called bullshit and CTV proved me right. Curse that allergy to metal on his skin.

To say you are above personal attacks smacks of hypocrisy.

Here's another tinfoil comment. Why should I post something intelligent when I have to deal with that???

If the left is reduced to spouting off conspiracy theories and "tinfoil and toaster" comments and advertising, I'd say Harper's chances for a majority are getting better and better.

You can easily counter an argument without the use of "tinfoil" and "toaster". That kind of talk may work amongst your buddies whilst swilling US industrial brew around the combine at harvest time, but here it doesn't.

Speaking of hypocracy... whining to the mods is pretty sad. Well, two can play...

You can easily counter an argument without the use of "tinfoil" and "toaster". That kind of talk may work amongst your buddies whilst swilling US industrial brew around the combine at harvest time, but here it doesn't.

I'm sorry for being so out of fashion, but can someone explain to me what what is the joke about listening to toasters and wearing tinfoil hats?

:blink:

I'm sorry for being so out of fashion, but can someone explain to me what what is the joke about listening to toasters and wearing tinfoil hats?

:blink:

The phrases come from conspiracy theories. They'r usually used in reference to arguments with no support or proof surrogates.

Edited by cybercoma