The only way that the conservatives can get elected is if the liberals

Harper is not true Conservative a true Conservative is Ralph klien that man would get drunk have his limmo driver go to the berbs and harrass the homeless. You all have no idea of Conservative not till you live in a province that they have run for 30 years

true story ggogle the story

Edited by craiger

Harper is not true Conservative a true Conservative is Ralph klien that man would get drunk have his limmo driver go to the berbs and harrass the homeless. You all have no idea of Conservative not till you live in a province that they have run for 30 years

true story

You mean the night Ralph got way too loaded and diredted his limo to stop at a homeless shelter then haranged those staying there as shiftless bums despite the fact that most were working full time but their $10 per hr. jobs did not leave enough clear pay to afford Alberta's outrageous rents.

Yes, a true blue Conservative he certainly was.

You mean the night Ralph got way too loaded and diredted his limo to stop at a homeless shelter then haranged those staying there as shiftless bums despite the fact that most were working full time but their $10 per hr. jobs did not leave enough clear pay to afford Alberta's outrageous rents.

Yes, a true blue Conservative he certainly was.

What's even funnier is that a drunk conservative has a better hold of his provinces finances than the hippy politicians from BC. YEEHAW Ralph bucks for everyone!!!

What's even funnier is that a drunk conservative has a better hold of his provinces finances than the hippy politicians from BC. YEEHAW Ralph bucks for everyone!!!

I would like to correct you. Alberta City's cannot cover the costs overuns of 300% and greater, infastructure is failing and we have not been able to accomidate people to our city's. People are living in tents working full time and everyone is suffering even employers. No regard has been made to manage growth.

I am very lucky i paid cash for my home during the bust only way I can make it. Those in for 40 year mortgages that the conservatives offered are in for big suprise soon. we have already seen a decline in oilsands jobs. I will give example our large contractors are giving .017 cent cheques out as they cannot seek credit to pay their employees.

all true.

Edited by craiger

I would like to correct you. Alberta City's cannot cover the costs overuns of 300% and greater, infastructure is failing and we have not been able to accomidate people to our city's. People are living in tents working full time and everyone is suffering even employers. No regard has been made to manage growth.

I am very lucky i paid cash for my home during the bust only way I can make it. Those in for 40 year mortgages that the conservatives offered are in for big suprise soon. we have already seen a decline in oilsands jobs. I will give example our large contractors are giving .017 cent cheques out as they cannot seek credit to pay their employees.

all true.

I'll bet Ontario and BC would love to have that problem...

The idea that Harper is right wing has already been debunked in this thread, so I will comment on the misguided thought that the Liberals are at their present lowly state because of Harper, who also wants to drive them from the federal scene.

The Liberals are where they are because at present they do not have a leader. Until they get one, even Ontario will not whole heartedly support them. Ontario was willing to forgive all of the past sins of Chretien and Martin, but a party without a leader is a nonstarter.

BTW, the Tories are where they are today simply because after 3 years of crying wolf by the hard left and Canadian media, the Canadian public has woken up to realize there is no wolf.

The idea that Harper is right wing has already been debunked in this thread, so I will comment on the misguided thought that the Liberals are at their present lowly state because of Harper, who also wants to drive them from the federal scene.

The Liberals are where they are because at present they do not have a leader. Until they get one, even Ontario will not whole heartedly support them. Ontario was willing to forgive all of the past sins of Chretien and Martin, but a party without a leader is a nonstarter.

BTW, the Tories are where they are today simply because after 3 years of crying wolf by the hard left and Canadian media, the Canadian public has woken up to realize there is no wolf.

How quickly we all forget his speach to the republicans. What was it he called Canada again? A Welfare state?

And he claimed the republicans were a "shining beacon".

He is as right as they come, he is only playing nice to get his majority.

How quickly we all forget his speach to the republicans. What was it he called Canada again? A Welfare state?

Canada is a welfare state. The one thing that I love about collectivists/statists is that they're always up in arms when any candidate supports individual/economic liberty.

sharkman, I don't think this is a misguided notion at all.

Had there been no Stephen Harper and Conservative Party, would the Liberals continue to enjoy the support of 35 to 40% support among Canadians? I think the answer is yes.

Has Harper not positioned the Conservative as more centrist to crowd out the Liberals into the left? I think the answer is yes.

Has Harper not replaced the Liberals as the preferred federalist option in Quebec? I believe he has.

Has Harper denied the claim from one of his closest former advisers that one of his long term objectives is to destroy Canada's natural governing party, the Liberal Party? No, he has not.

One only has to look at the polls to see that Canadians are also determined to crush the Liberals. Canadians punished the Liberals in the 2004 elections for the corruption within the Liberal Party that saw their hard earned money stolen and misappropriated. In 2004, they turfed the Liberals from government. In these elections, Canadians will finish the job they started in 2004 in total dismissal the Liberals as a viable option to the Conservatives. It seems to me that Canadians are working much quicker than Harper toward the goal of finishing off the Liberals.

A former chief of staff to Harper suggests there's more to the Prime Minister's benign justification for launching an election than meets the eye.

Tom Flanagan believes Harper would be satisfied to return with a strengthened Conservative minority, something he says would mean the immediate ouster of Stéphane Dion as Liberal leader, increase financial strain on the Liberal party and throw the party into chaos.

Flanagan said such a result would advance Harper's long-term strategy of destroying Canada's so-called natural governing party.

"I don't think Harper has to be thinking about a majority at all," Flanagan, a political scientist at the University of Calgary, said in an interview. "Strategically, this is sort of a prolonged war of attrition."

http://www.thestar.com/article/486853

It's true that the Liberals were hampered by a leader who could not connect with Canadians. Yet, you cannot discount that another element is that the Liberal policy platform is being rejected outright by a large number of Canadians. In this respect, Ontarians are no different than other Canadians and are just as disgusted by past Liberal sins.

The media and the left have done everything possible to demonize Harper and the Conservatives. Obviously, it hasn't worked. Canadians are smarter overall than the media and scare mongerers. IMO they do see a wolf, and that wolf is the Liberal Party. The wolf is about to be chased far into the forest.

If what the NDP stand for is the disabled they got my vote. I am not disabled in essence i am handicaped, not like you think I can weld 600" inches of pipeline safely and efficiently. I also am a master of exotic metals my talets will make millions of moneys. the only thing that has stopped me is the conservatives and their agreement to discriminate for my disability Paruresis.

The Conservatives are the only party that have a disabled MP.

Well... I guess other arguments could be made...

:)

Does this mean they have better policies for the the disabled in Canada?

Steven Fletcher, the disabled MP from Manitoba, served as health critic in 2004 and is presently the Parliamentary Secretary of State for the Minister of Health. As a disabled person, he is in a unique position to evaluate and influence policies impacting the disabled. His perspectives on matters affecting the disabled are bound to be taken into consideration in formulating policy.

http://www.stevenfletcher.ca/EN/836/

Edited by capricorn

Does this mean they have better policies for the the disabled in Canada?

The problem is their are a lot of people with disabilies that are less visible. Companies often go out of their way to accomodate someone in a wheel chair but will fire someone who cannot keep up rather than accomodate him if the disability is less visible. Something as simple as having to go to the washroom more often can get you fired. Do not get me wrong I am sure there are a lot of good companies out there that have a concern for disabled. But their is less education and awareness of the less visible disabilities. I am presently working for a company that is firing people that have developed disabilities because they can not keep up to minimum expectations. These employees have been working for the company for over 20 years.

Harper is a pragmatist....

He has been laying the groundwork for some time, well before the election call.

Moving in the Ontario Harris gang while freezing out the (extreme Reform) zealots from positions of clout. Giving the extremists their vote in the house on abortion (which Harpo knew he would not lose) and never uttering a word about capital punishment...

Heading off Duceppe at the pass with the "Quebeckers as a nation" resolution (with all party approval in the house). A largely symbolic gesture somewhat unexpected from a Alberta-based leader. The ultimate aim is to convince folks in Quebec to eventually "eliminate the middle man" (The Bloc) so they can obtain their largess directly - from their friendly government MP.

Targeting immigrants and ethic groups (former Liberal strength) with tough on crime and family values approach. Same approach used in newer urban communities (burbs) in Ontario. Overall, spending a lot of time and money... in unfriendly or swing ridings in Que. and Ont.

People have become somewhat used to him, as a leader, in power. This neutralizes to some extent, some the Liberal "fear factor" i.e. troops in streets, anti-abortion laws, first-borns eaten alive, etc....

Now, the warm cuddly tub of goo, with the sweaters campaign....has fallen somewhat flat, but then again, Dion in that same sweater, looks sort of like Mr. Rogers.....Dion is practically the only guy on the planet that makes Harper look like Joe Sixpack.

Edited by munsinger