Interviews with Palin

Guest American Woman

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find odd about these so called Gallop and everybody else's polls, is the fact that Obama has just raked in 66 million in donations for August. This has never been done before. As well, Democratic voters have out-registered Republicans by a nearly 7-to-1 margin since January. Is the fix in even before everybody votes this time?

Can you even begin to imagine "President Palin??" :blink:

Nope!! Four years of her wagging that manicured finger and waving around a clenched fist would be too much to bear after the last 8 years of God knows what all.

Don't know if you are aware of this but 1500 people came out to protest Palin in Alaska this week. The article says that this is the largest protest about anything that Alaska has ever seen. In fact, the protesters outnumbered the supporters who showed up. You won't see this on CNN or anywhere else in the MSM, but I bet you will if you tune in to Keith Olbermann on Monday. ;)

Edited by Carinthia

What I find odd about these so called Gallop and everybody else's polls, is the fact that Obama has just raked in 66 million in donations

Big deal. His burn rate is ridiculous, so he needs to raise at least that much per month, to keep significant cash on hand, and to make up for the huge advantage the RNC has in money over the DNC.

As well, Democratic voters have out-registered Republicans by a nearly 7-to-1 margin since January. Is the fix in even before everybody votes this time?

A registered voter, doesn't necessarily equate to an actually voter. That's why Obama usually leads in polls reflecting registered voters, where McCain leads in polls reflecting likely voters. And one cannot forget about the hundreds of thousands of Repbulican voters that crossed over to register as Democrats in order to vote for Hillary Clinton. Don't worry, Obama's gonna lose fair and square in November. :)

Don't worry, Obama's gonna lose fair and square in November. :)

Fair and square you say. That pedophile lying ad that your hero has just put out doesn't look too fair from where I'm sitting, or his constant lies regarding his ridiculous VP pick. A gimmick at your expense.

Edited by Carinthia

Don't know if you are aware of this but 1500 people came out to protest Palin in Alaska this week. The article says that this is the largest protest about anything that Alaska has ever seen. In fact, the protesters outnumbered the supporters who showed up. You won't see this on CNN or anywhere else in the MSM, but I bet you will if you tune in to Keith Olbermann on Monday. ;)

You mean like this:

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/09/14/Ala...94471221410966/

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/elec...ly_N.htm?csp=34

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail...id=sec-politics

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/525008.html

Keith Olbermann will be late to the game, just like he was when they canned his ass from ESPN for being a tool.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I've already asked this question, but I got to keep repeating it: after eight years of Bush, do Americans really want a female version?

One of the points McCain kept stressing was 'don't worry about my age, I'm going to nominate a vice presidential candidate who's qualified to serve as president. I'm thinking that there's no question that he broke that promise!

Exactly.

IMO, Palin is the female version of what George W. Bush was as a candidate in 2000. They are both likeable, God-fearing, funny, down-to-earth people who voters would like to sit down and have a beer with, but as politicians they lack the experience & knowledge to have the word “president” in their job titles.

Obama has experience issues also IMO, but he's as knowledgeable, intelligent, and of sound judgement as any Presidential candidate of the last 50 years. You would never find him look clueless on a question about a subject as critical & widely known as "the Bush doctrine".

...Obama has experience issues also IMO, but he's as knowledgeable, intelligent, and of sound judgement as any Presidential candidate of the last 50 years. You would never find him look clueless on a question about a subject as critical & widely known as "the Bush doctrine".

Guess again.....Obama couldn't hold Nixon's jock strap. He is a lightweight pretender in comparison, without "gravitas". He admitted as much by picking Joe Biden as his running mate.

Fair and square you say. That pedophile lying ad that your hero has just put out doesn't look too fair from where I'm sitting, or his constant lies regarding his ridiculous VP pick. A gimmick at your expense.

Nonsense. First, there was nothing about the ad that involved pedophiles. And second, please explain the so-called lies of his outstanding VP pick.

Barack Obama wants science-based sex education for kindergartners

YouTube

Democratic Candidates Say They're OK With Second-Grade Teacher Reading Gay Prince Fairy Tale

A fairy tale about two princes falling in love sparked a backlash — and a lawsuit — against a teacher and a school last year when it was read to a second-grade class in Massachusetts.

But the three frontrunners in the Democratic presidential race suggested Wednesday night at their debate in New Hampshire that they’d support reading the controversial book to children as part of a school curriculum.

Link

Those are facts, not lies. Obama finds it absolutely appropriate to introduce homosexuality and lesbianism into the curriculum of kindergarten, grade 1, and grade 2. If he holds those positions, fine, but he's got to know that people will disagree with him, and he'll be expected to defend his decisions.

Guest American Woman
Nonsense. First, there was nothing about the ad that involved pedophiles. And second, please explain the so-called lies of his outstanding VP pick.

Barack Obama wants science-based sex education for kindergartners

YouTube

Do you realize that your YouTube link is a clip of Obama laughing at the McCain-Palin accusation that he wants sex education for kindergartners, right? So yes, it is a lie.

From factcheck.org:

A McCain-Palin campaign ad claims Obama's "one accomplishment" in the area of education was "legislation to teach 'comprehensive sex education' to kindergarteners." But the claim is simply false, and it dates back to Alan Keyes' failed race against Obama for an open Senate seat in 2004.

Here's a transcript of Obama refuting the accusation in a debate with his opponent for the Senate:

Keyes, Oct. 21, 2004: Well, I had noticed that, in your voting, you had voted, at one point, that sex education should begin in kindergarten, and you justified it by saying that it would be "age-appropriate" sex education. [it] made me wonder just exactly what you think is "age-appropriate."

Obama: We have a existing law that mandates sex education in the schools. We want to make sure that it's medically accurate and age-appropriate. Now, I'll give you an example, because I have a six-year-old daughter and a three-year-old daughter, and one of the things my wife and I talked to our daughter about is the possibility of somebody touching them inappropriately, and what that might mean. And that was included specifically in the law, so that kindergartners are able to exercise some possible protection against abuse, because I have family members as well as friends who suffered abuse at that age. So, that's the kind of stuff that I was talking about in that piece of legislation.

And this is interesting (emphasis mine): In addition, the ad quotes unflattering assessments of the Illinois senator's record on education but leaves out sometimes equally harsh criticism directed at McCain in the same forums.

Democratic Candidates Say They're OK With Second-Grade Teacher Reading Gay Prince Fairy Tale

A fairy tale about two princes falling in love sparked a backlash — and a lawsuit — against a teacher and a school last year when it was read to a second-grade class in Massachusetts.

But the three frontrunners in the Democratic presidential race suggested Wednesday night at their debate in New Hampshire that they’d support reading the controversial book to children as part of a school curriculum.

Link

Those are facts, not lies. Obama finds it absolutely appropriate to introduce homosexuality and lesbianism into the curriculum of kindergarten, grade 1, and grade 2. If he holds those positions, fine, but he's got to know that people will disagree with him, and he'll be expected to defend his decisions.

Ummm. Yeah, once again those are lies. Fox News, the fair and balanced media that you quoted from, goes on to tell what the candidates actually said (the part you didn't include in your quote)-- emphasis mine:

Moderator Tim Russert asked John Edwards, Sen. Barack Obama and Sen. Hillary Clinton whether they’d be comfortable having the story — called “King & King” — read to their children in school.

So they were talking about their children. Edwards even added that it “might be a little tough” for second-graders ... so he was in no way saying he'd support reading the book as "part of a school curriculum." Again. He was saying he'd be ok with the book being read to his kids.

And looky here: Obama agreed with Edwards and revealed that his wife has already spoken to his 6- and 9-year-old daughters about same-sex marriage. Obama agreed with Edwards, meaning he'd think "it might be a little tough" for second graders too., and again, was talking about HIS kids.

As for Hillary, she went so far as to say: she believes it’s up to parents to decide how to handle such topics...

In the entire interview, they were talking about THEIR OWN KIDS.

Hope that clarifies things for you so you don't repeat McCain-Palin lies again.

Edited by American Woman

Keith Olbermann will be late to the game, just like he was when they canned his ass from ESPN for being a tool.

Not everybody gets their political news from the Internet. Thanks to the right wing MSM, the only place on TV where 'others" can see this appropriate protest against Palin will be on Olbermann, whose ratings have greatly increased over the last year. This is due to the fact that he is now exposing Bush Co. and all the rest of the Republican good ol boys. (and now good ol girls)

Yeah, I guess it's this attitude that has got you where you are today. The fact that 49 million of your own people can't get health care is certainly proof of this. :rolleyes:

It isn't that 49 million people can't get healthcare, 49 million people don't have health insurance. There is Medicaid and Medicare in the States for the poor and elderly and the States actually spends more per person on health care than Canada does.

It has a system of private health care insurance as well and some choose not to buy it or are too rich to bother needing it.

They have their health care problems as we do. We only have 35 million people to look after, I wonder what percentage of people are on waiting lists here. Those people actually can't get health care - they can't even buy it if they want to or could -they would have to go to the States.

I think that on a ratings basis Canada was 30th and the US was 37 in overall health care in all nations.

http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html

Not much difference really. I wouldn't be tooting my horn over it.

50% of your income goes to taxes in Canada. 40% of those taxes goes to health care. If you earn an average wage in Canada you are paying roughly the same amount an American pays in health care from a private insurance company.

Not everybody gets their political news from the Internet. Thanks to the right wing MSM, the only place on TV where 'others" can see this appropriate protest against Palin will be on Olbermann, whose ratings have greatly increased over the last year. This is due to the fact that he is now exposing Bush Co. and all the rest of the Republican good ol boys. (and now good ol girls)

Hmmmm...sounds like you are late to the game as well. Olbermann has been foaming at the mouth about Bush for years, and is hardly original. Air America tried to bite even harder, but went broke when running up against Limbaugh. And of course, you surely remember Dan Rather and CBS news debacle of 2004.

So no...Olbermann is just another me-too talking head on cable television. Even the CBC offers up refried American news.

And how many times in the last century has the VP had to step in? She is not running for president.

Enough that it matters. A few times during the Eisenhower, Johnson and Reagan administrations. And of course Johnson and Truman became President.

That being said, I'll reserve judgment on Palin until the Biden-Palin debate. I expect her to do far better than anyone here expects.

McCain in the oldest presidential candidate ever, and it is true that POW's are not having as long a life expectancy, so you're correct in your assessment. Can you even begin to imagine "President Palin??" :blink:

Whether I like her or not I lay odds on her being President at some point in her life.

You would never find him look clueless on a question about a subject as critical & widely known as "the Bush doctrine".
As most know I follow politics avidly. I had never heard of the "Bush Doctrine" before the Palin interview myself.

As most know I follow politics avidly. I had never heard of the "Bush Doctrine" before the Palin interview myself.

Perhaps avidly, but not closely. It's a common term you could have even seen was the subtitle to the World War III thread on this board. I don't follow politics avidly, but it's anyone paying attention to the past eight years could have guessed it's the strategy of pre-eption.

Enough that it matters. A few times during the Eisenhower, Johnson and Reagan administrations. And of course Johnson and Truman became President.

It's been studied to death....VP choice has at best a 5% impact on the election, and even if he/she were to assume the office of president they would be judged in the current political context. Truman and Johnson were purposely kept as mushrooms in a closet.

That being said, I'll reserve judgment on Palin until the Biden-Palin debate. I expect her to do far better than anyone here expects.

So do I, but her detractors are only empowering her more and hurting their own leader of the Democrat ticket in the process by association. McCain played Queen's Gambit and Black doesn't know what to do.

Citation?

One doesn't exist..perhaps the poster was referring to health care insurance, but even then it is in error. There is plenty of health care in the US, so much so, that Canadian provinces send patients stateside when the long waiting lines become life threatening. Canadians with cash just skip that odeal altogether.

One doesn't exist..perhaps the poster was referring to health care insurance, but even then it is in error. There is plenty of health care in the US, so much so, that Canadian provinces send patients stateside when the long waiting lines become life threatening. Canadians with cash just skip that odeal altogether.

Yes yes... 49 mil is a number pulled out of a hat. It exists to make canucks feel better about themselves. Amazingly the same number has been used for years.

Edited by Sulaco

Yes yes... 49 mil is a number pulled out of a hat. It exists to make canucks feel better about themselves. Amazingly the same number has been used for years.

That's OK by me...I think it is very important for their collective psyche and Tommy Douglas tendencies. It works out pretty well, with the USA's system just across the border when the pucker factor goes up.