Federal Political Party Test

Smallc

Interesting. The party platform that appeals to me the most in fact is the Progressive Canadian party, but I'm doubting they'll run a candidate and there really doesn't seem to be much more there than a website. The next logical choice would be the Greens, but after watching Dion this morning I'd seriously consider the Liberals; and that is the result that this little game gave me. My riding is Conservative, it wasn't won by all that much last time so if itlooks like a tight race between the Liberals and Conservatives then I would vote Liberal.

I got Stephen Harper.

When I went through the test a second time, I took a look at who said what. I picked answers from each candidate at least once, yes even May. But I selected Harper on more than one issue, so I guess that's why I got him.

Harper for me as well.

I also got faked out by some of the other candidates. May's quote on abortion, Dion's on private health care, and Layton's on climate change initiatives were all more right wing than Harper!!

I got Stephen Harper.

When I went through the test a second time, I took a look at who said what. I picked answers from each candidate at least once, yes even May. But I selected Harper on more than one issue, so I guess that's why I got him.

I went through a second time as well. It was pretty obvious most of my choices reflected the different approachs to crime/prohibition that Harper and Layton propose. One is just plain mean and vindictive and the other is humane. I expect these propensities would probably be reflected in that policies they propose on the other issues.

Layton 5

Dion 2

Harper 0

May 1

The above breakdown suggests that Layton, Dion and May should do the responsible thing and form a coalition.

I wonder what sort of difference it would have made if Duceppe had been included in this test? There's no doubt the Bloc and split amongst the left could make it easier for the Conservatives to win their so called majority.

Edited by eyeball

Yeah, strategic voting. Wouldn't it be great if we had a PR system and every vote counts?

Every vote does count. Some count for winners some count for losers. What you mean to say is, wouldn't it be great if we a had a PR system so even losers could sit....

On top of that, every vote, even voters for single issue fringe parties count towards election funding

Guest American Woman
Awesome, I was starting to think there is a hidden agenda on that site trying to rub out the Liberal vote... :)

(yes, that was tongue-in-cheeck... but it was quite strange how there were no variations other than Harper/Layton on this thread).

I found it rather strange that there were so many Harpers and Laytons too. I wondered how fine a line there was between the candidates' views, but I think Dion would most accurately represent my views, so the test, for me, seems pretty accurate.