Off-Topic Forums Are Now LIVE!

Greg

• Forum Admin

We have chosen five off-topic forums spanning a wide range of issues. Arts and Culture, Science and Technology, Business and Economy, Travel, Leisure and Sports and Media and Broadcasting.

We're opening to allowing more forum topics in the future. However, we feel this first set of topics provide sufficient amount of leeway to determine whether these off-topic forums are going to be a good idea or not.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me,

I really don't like this, Greg. Call it "category proliferation" or "topic inflation".

We've got a good thread called "Media Bias" in US politics right now. Where do we put such a thread in the future? Medi, US politics or political philosophy?

I hate going to forums that have six zillion categories most of which are never used. Who wants to go hunting around to find a thread?

As it is, we had too many categories for such a small forum with overlapping subjects anyway.

Two additional categories "Culture etc" and "Sports etc" would have been enough. We don't really need "business and economy" since those get covered in the political categories. (On this forum at this level, it's all politics anyway. No one discusses business or economics seriously.)

We have chosen five off-topic forums spanning a wide range of issues. Arts and Culture, Science and Technology, Business and Economy, Travel, Leisure and Sports and Media and Broadcasting.

We're opening to allowing more forum topics in the future. However, we feel this first set of topics provide sufficient amount of leeway to determine whether these off-topic forums are going to be a good idea or not.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me,

Excellent categories. I think some posters who don't agree on anything else might agree on sports!

Two additional categories "Culture etc" and "Sports etc" would have been enough. We don't really need "business and economy" since those get covered in the political categories. (On this forum at this level, it's all politics anyway. No one discusses business or economics seriously.)

They do aznd only out of duress. Politics isn't the venue to discuss the M&A climate or the problems with the CBC fall line up...

On that note, if I could suggest one tweak, make the Media forum a Canadian only thread... Canadian Media and Broadcasting...in otherwords, topics about Fox or the NYT can stay in the US politics....

They do aznd only out of duress. Politics isn't the venue to discuss the M&A climate or the problems with the CBC fall line up...

On that note, if I could suggest one tweak, make the Media forum a Canadian only thread... Canadian Media and Broadcasting...in otherwords, topics about Fox or the NYT can stay in the US politics....

Funny, in the Science & Tech thread I keep getting told that I "don't have permission to reply".

The other areas work fine!

Guest American Woman
Funny, in the Science & Tech thread I keep getting told that I "don't have permission to reply".

I get an "an error occurred" message when I try to reply in that forum, although it seems I could start a new topic if I wanted to. Perhaps that's why there aren't any replies to the threads in that forum; maybe no one can reply.

Confirmed...here I thought nobody was into aircraft!

:lol:

-------------------------------

Well, we're movin' on up, to the East-side. To a deluxe apartment in the sky.

---The Jeffersons

• Forum Admin

There was a permissions issue with that particular forum. I've fixed the error, and now you should be able to post replies,

Thanks!