Arab League reaches deal in Lebanon

And neither the US or Israel had a hell of a lot to say. In fact, they were given their fair share of the blame.

Israel is not mentioned in the article and you fail to mention....

The United States has blamed the trouble in Lebanon on Iran, Syria and Hezbollah -- a political movement with a powerful guerrilla army

while ....

Iran blames the United States for the violence, which erupted after government action to outlaw a communications network vital to Hezbollah's military and security wings.

..which is patently ludicrous since it is the Syrian/iranian backed Hezobollah and their private army which started the shooting. That is like am arsonist blaming the inferno on the fire department...

QUOTE name='M.Dancer' post='pox' date= 'May 22 2008, 11:50 AM')

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: M.Dancer.

· View this post

· Un-ignore M.Dancer

LOL. Marketing to the C-Suite are we? LOL.

Edited by HisSelf

"War is a failure of the human spirit."

really?

So who's 'spirit' failed in 1939, Churchill's or Chamberlains?

I don't think you understand what Fisk was saying.

You shouldn't use quotes that you don't understand.

Oh my. Back to the Nazis are we? And how long ago was that? 70 years? That was in Europe wasn't it? For Europe, why not try "Paris 1919" by Margaret MacMillan, and "PostWar" by Tony Judt?

I understand completely what Fisk was saying. I doubt you've read anything he's written. Why not start with "The Great War for Civilisation"? You might want to spend a little time on the chapter that deals with his father. Let me know when you're finished the one thousand plus pages. I'll give you more, even if you fail the spot quizz.

Edited by HisSelf

Robert Fisk is an emminent fellow who the term Fisking is named after. Fisking is the detailed itemization of factual errors. It was named after his work, which is rife with factual errors.

Ha ha. Loving the c suite, M. Dancer. The view is just TO DIE FOR. LOL.
QUOTE name='M.Dancer' post='pox' date= 'May 22 2008, 11:50 AM')

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: M.Dancer.

· View this post

· Un-ignore M.Dancer

LOL. Marketing to the C-Suite are we? LOL.

Could someone help me here...is he trolling or flaming?

Edited by M.Dancer

a "troller" or "flamer"....trolling..flaming....kind of sucks the wind out of the joke when it has to be explained.

(assuming there was funny in there in the first place)

And deflecting the subject of a thread off to some other poltical hot potato is an old spinmeister technique to disarm a threatening viewpoint.

Let's all try to focus on the matter at hand, folks.

The Arab League has negotiated a peace in Lebanon without a lot of crap from the US and Israel sabotaging the stakeholders.

This is a big test for the Arab League. Let's see if it can hang on to its gains. It hasn't been able to do it up until now.

Robert Fisk is an emminent fellow who the term Fisking is named after. Fisking is the detailed itemization of factual errors. It was named after his work, which is rife with factual errors.

lol, it is filled with errors and he doesn't even understand the quotes. The poor fella is truly lost.

The Arab League has swung a deal to end the conflict in Lebanon at a meeting in Qatar, according to Reuters.

And neither the US or Israel had a hell of a lot to say. In fact, they were given their fair share of the blame.

The Arab League has finally produced results. Let's hope it holds.

Imagine that the Arab League blaming Israel and the U.S. for inter-Muslim nation political conflicts between themselves.

Gosh.

Let's all try to focus on the matter at hand, folks.

The Arab League has negotiated a peace in Lebanon without a lot of crap from the US and Israel sabotaging the stakeholders.

This is a big test for the Arab League. Let's see if it can hang on to its gains. It hasn't been able to do it up until now.

Just what exactly is the "lot of crap from the US and Israel"? Care to provide references and specific examples or is this simply your subjective opinion and the same kind of subjectivity that leads you to completely ignore the role of Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Turkey, Egypt, China, North Korea, Russia, France, and numerous terrorist groups financed by Saudi Arabia, Syria and Iran that operate in Lebanon.

Your simplistic attempt to scapegoat the US and Israel for the internal dissension and tribal/civil war in Lebanon is absurd. This one size fits all blame Israel and the US for any inter-Muslim dispute is silly.

Then again of course Hezbollah are simply a boy scouts organization in Lebanon. Nothing to do with Syria and Iran.

Just what exactly is the "lot of crap from the US and Israel"? Care to provide references and specific examples or is this simply your subjective opinion and the same kind of subjectivity that leads you to completely ignore the role of Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Turkey, Egypt, China, North Korea, Russia, France, and numerous terrorist groups financed by Saudi Arabia, Syria and Iran that operate in Lebanon.

Your simplistic attempt to scapegoat the US and Israel for the internal dissension and tribal/civil war in Lebanon is absurd. This one size fits all blame Israel and the US for any inter-Muslim dispute is silly.

Then again of course Hezbollah are simply a boy scouts organization in Lebanon. Nothing to do with Syria and Iran.

Rue, are you just being obtuse on purpose????

(If you are going to answer me - a single sentence or two will suffice - I don't want to read your verbose novels full of smelly excrement)

Try to be short and to the point - if that is at all possible. (Which it's probably not - since lies need far more lines of BS to convince the weak minded).

:P

Is anyone going to comment on the original post - or is this just one of many hijacked threads that the moderator here won't do anything about??

I mean really - should we all not be pleased that there is NOT a civil war going on? Should we not be pleased that they have 'worked out' a solution to the political infighting?

Or do the war-mongers here just want to see blood??

Oh never mind - I forgot who I was talking to.

Carry on with your off-topic bs dribble.

(Though I am certainly happy to see a stop to hostilities and a diplomatic solution to the heightened anger. Now if we could just get rid of the USraeli influence within the Lebanese parliament things would get better. Oh, but hey Israel doesn't want any kind of competition eh? Mafia State.

Is anyone going to comment on the original post - or is this just one of many hijacked threads that the moderator here won't do anything about??

(Though I am certainly happy to see a stop to hostilities and a diplomatic solution to the heightened anger. Now if we could just get rid of the USraeli influence within the Lebanese parliament things would get better. Oh, but hey Israel doesn't want any kind of competition eh? Mafia State.

Is anyone going to comment on Buffy's post or should we focus on the spurious subject, Israel bashing?

"War is a failure of the human spirit."

really?

So who's 'spirit' failed in 1939, Churchill's or Chamberlains?

I don't think you understand what Fisk was saying.

You shouldn't use quotes that you don't understand.

I have yet to see any indication he is capable of understanding anything more complex than putting milk on his cocoa-puffs.