British forces beating Iraqis

Brits beat Iraqis

This is specially posted for those who seem to think I only pick on the Yanks.

Well... I don't. In fact, as I have stated often I think the US has been hijacked by corporate/banker gangsters and they have set about shredding the most beautiful document every produced by a young democracy: THE US CONSITIUTION!!

But, never mind all that - it seems that the Brits are also winning hearts and minds whereever they go!!

This is just as sick and depraved.

Brits beat Iraqis

This is specially posted for those who seem to think I only pick on the Yanks.

Well... I don't. In fact, as I have stated often I think the US has been hijacked by corporate/banker gangsters and they have set about shredding the most beautiful document every produced by a young democracy: THE US CONSITIUTION!!

But, never mind all that - it seems that the Brits are also winning hearts and minds whereever they go!!

This is just as sick and depraved.

Did you watch the tape? Do you think that British soldiers being attacked by Iraqi kids should flee? Should they give up their positions to children, possibly putting themselves in the line of fire and abandoning positions they are securing?

Kids attacking armed soldiers should count themselves lucky they are merely manhandled and not shot dead.

What this have to do with corporations, bankers and the US Constitution is in need of some degree of explanation.

Edited by Regulus de Leo

Ah yes...this infamous video. What buffy doesn't mention is that these 'children' were tossing grenades/molotovs into the British compound. They caught the one in question...as you can see. The British mistake was filming the event...as it is easily taken out of context...by buffycat types, especially.

;)

Probably just stress left over from the Revolution era occupation of America...hey, buffy?

:lol::lol::lol:

I think the US has been hijacked by corporate/banker gangsters

Banker = Jew?

:huh:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Who's leg do I have to hump to get a dry martini around here?

---Brian the Dog, Family Guy

Ah yes...this infamous video. What buffy doesn't mention is that these 'children' were tossing grenades/molotovs into the British compound. They caught the one in question...as you can see. The British mistake was filming the event...as it is easily taken out of context...by buffycat types, especially.

;)

Probably just stress left over from the Revolution era occupation of America...hey, buffy?

:lol::lol::lol:

Banker = Jew?

:huh:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Who's leg do I have to hump to get a dry martini around here?

---Brian the Dog, Family Guy

I didn't see or hear one explosion in thaqt tape, nor did I see any flames. Beating those kids was completely inappropriate. Having said that, the stone throwing shouldn't go with out a response, perhaps detaining them for a period would be appropriate, but certainly not a kick to the bollocks, or a headbutt with a helmet on. Real men eh...

I didn't see or hear one explosion in thaqt tape, nor did I see any flames. Beating those kids was completely inappropriate. Having said that, the stone throwing shouldn't go with out a response, perhaps detaining them for a period would be appropriate, but certainly not a kick to the bollocks, or a headbutt with a helmet on. Real men eh...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/feb/12/military.iraq

Old story, now. A grenade is a grenade. Doesn't matter who throws it. Rough stuff...but this is war and those 'children' chose to participate.

---------------------------------------------------

I am in politics because of the conflict between good and evil, and I believe that in the end good will triumph.

---Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/feb/12/military.iraq

Old story, now. A grenade is a grenade. Doesn't matter who throws it. Rough stuff...but this is war and those 'children' chose to participate.

---------------------------------------------------

I am in politics because of the conflict between good and evil, and I believe that in the end good will triumph.

---Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher

Again, I see no proof of any of that, despite what the article says. Further, I'm sure IF there was a grenade thrown in this exchange, that the soldiers SOP wouldn't be to chase the kids down the street like that. Puhlease. Yes, bad things happen, don't try to justify what was clearly a mistake made by the Brits.

That's nice. You're free to find other sources. That one clearly says 'grenade thrown'. Until then...

---------------------------------------------

...bed goes up...bed goes down...bed goes up...bed goes down...

You miss my point, do you have doubts that someone may have just said a grenade was thrown?

Disturbing to be sure,especially the narrater. He is a sick chap. But back to the beatings. Don`t blame the Lads for roughing up those kids. Maybe their parents might start restraining them from their gang activitys.

Now lets say these fine young Islamists got one of those Brit soldiers down , would the Brit be alive today? Can you see the difference? I can see the difference!

You miss my point, do you have doubts that someone may have just said a grenade was thrown?

Sure...possible. But that doesn't explain WHY the British were so pissed-off that they beat the crap out of these "children". So unless you're like buffy and think US/UK/Canadian/Aussie etc soldiers are merely sadists...then go ahead. Take the non-Occam's Razor choice; that our soldiers are just cruel and murderous. I'll go with the logical one...that someone threw grenades at armed soldiers and then got caught.

Meanwhile...here's a real event captured on film (Caution: Violence)

Part 1

Part 2

Didn't even give him a chance...unarmed...wounded...civilian. Outraged?

Edit: Oh well...links dead. Helicopter shot down then the injured are slaughtered by al-Qaeda...quite brutal.

Edit #2: Ah...here we go...

------------------------------------------

Ho-Ho-Ho--Green Giant.

Edited by DogOnPorch

Sure...possible. But that doesn't explain WHY the British were so pissed-off that they beat the crap out of these "children". So unless you're like buffy and think US/UK/Canadian/Aussie etc soldiers are merely sadists...then go ahead. Take the non-Occam's Razor choice; that our soldiers are just cruel and murderous. I'll go with the logical one...that someone threw grenades at armed soldiers and then got caught.

At no time did I say that ALL of them were, however in this situation they are just acting like bullies, I'm surprised you don't see the difference. There is such a thing as honour.

Helicopter shot down then the injured are slaughtered by al-Qaeda...quite brutal.

Edit #2: Ah...here we go...

------------------------------------------

Ho-Ho-Ho--Green Giant.

Goose, gander etc.... Do you use the word 'slaughtered' when coalition forces shoot wounded Iraqis or kill women and children in air strikes too?

Having once been far too close to a grenade when it exploded.... If someone reports a grenade went off, there will be plenty of corruborating accounts.

It seems though you prefer an edited clip rather than a report. In other words the evidence that doesn't fit in with what you want to believe you dismiss.

Having once been far too close to a grenade when it exploded.... If someone reports a grenade went off, there will be plenty of corruborating accounts.

It seems though you prefer an edited clip rather than a report. In other words the evidence that doesn't fit in with what you want to believe you dismiss.

I'm just being realistic, when the grenade went off, did you take off after those that threw it whilst weilding a stick?

At no time did I say that ALL of them were, however in this situation they are just acting like bullies, I'm surprised you don't see the difference. There is such a thing as honour.

When fighting an honorable enemy...sure.

Goose, gander etc.... Do you use the word 'slaughtered' when coalition forces shoot wounded Iraqis or kill women and children in air strikes too?

Dunno...show me some examples. I'll let you know. That fellow was definately SLAUGHTERED.

--------------------------------------------

It ain't easy...being green.

---Kermit The Frog

Ahhh...our liberal friends and their false moral equivalances. They have to excuse all those nasty beheadings nad burning contractors alive, stringing up their bodies as 'explainable.'

Shakey is right, the Brits should have really given it to them in a way that counts. A good time out and a very stern talking to would set them on the right path.

If they knew who threw "the grenade", I fully support lethal force being used, not spankings and kicks to the nads.

I find it pretty interesting how you appear to think its no big deal to murder an unarmed man Shakey. Sure was big heaping spoonfulls of honour on display when those pricks gunned that guy down.

Where did I say that it wasn't a big deal? And as far as the honour thing goes, I don't expect it from them, but I do from our guys, we are better in that regard. Right?

I've been involved in a few of these type of incidents, and they can quickly get out of control, like this one did....

This is an example of going 0-60 in a faction of a second, one second your having a smoke with your buddy, taking about girlfriends.... the next your in combat...adrenalin pumping at the maxium, all your senses are super alert, everything is happening in slow motion....your not thinking, your reacting, and your armed to the teeth...in this case they seen kids....and did not see them as a large threat, compared to an armed adult...they acessed the threat and took off on foot after them...mistake number one...as it is a common ploy used in ambushes they could be rookies or very confident in thier security screen. and while sucessful, it should be an example of what not to do...

Next what we don't now is this squads history, have they just recently loss a member, are they just coming back from a long operation etc....And i'm not making excuses or condoning thier actions but these factors do make a difference...which is why i said they can quickly get out of control...with out strong leadership present...and when i mean strong leadership i mean atleast a rank of Sgt, or a very strong Mcpl...which in this case is lacking again, atleast i can't make out any rank, nor get the impression of rank from thier actions...

Imagine this, a drunk driver kills your family in car accident you and the driver survive, in those few momnets after the crash do you beat the shit out of the driver, do you take his life...or look for a phone and call the cops....

War is ugly, and for those that have been there, know ...you quickly develope awhole new set of values and morals, that do and will cloud over those that we have been brought up with in our country...As for the Canadian military we are ahead of the curve when it comes to treating this type of behavior, and getting our soldiers adjusted from combat to regular life.... and we are providing the leadership needed to contain this type of behavior...but it can happen to anyone at any time...all it takes is one bad day, and one lapse of judgement...and you've just made the papers front page...

These soldiers will have charges brought again'st them, at least military charges, maybe even civil charges...but i would go out on a limb and say they will be punished for thier lapse in judgement...

Just one note i'd like to mention, is that these is a situation where lethal force could have been used. and one last note where did this kid get a grenade, and who talked them into throwing it...