This 1 single sign of right-wing brilliance

eyeball

White House to veto Senate ban on waterboarding

The likely Republican nominee, Arizona Senator John McCain, voted against the bill. The former prisoner of war however said that his vote was consistent with his anti-torture stance.

"We always supported allowing the CIA to use extra measures," he said. "I believe waterboarding is illegal and should be banned," McCain said.

Story

I don't get it.

Do you mean that McCain now is in favour of it? I don't get that part and I hope the majority of Americans don't get it either, come November.

Maybe Jane Fonda will endorse him...lol. Oh, wait...don't they have as past history?

-----------------------------------------

I was named Beekeeper of the Year by the Florida State Beekeeping Association.

---Peter Fonda

Guest American Woman
White House to veto Senate ban on waterboarding

The likely Republican nominee, Arizona Senator John McCain, voted against the bill. The former prisoner of war however said that his vote was consistent with his anti-torture stance.

"We always supported allowing the CIA to use extra measures," he said. "I believe waterboarding is illegal and should be banned," McCain said.

I don't get it.

The bill wasn't just about waterboarding, so to vote against the bill isn't necessarily to vote against waterboarding. In other words, McCain feels as if the bill went too far in its interrogation restrictions even though he's against waterboarding. Furthermore, he believes waterboarding is already illegal and therefore didn't require this bill to make it so.

Yes, they do. Fonda apologized for her self admitted "bad judgement". McCain and other POWs experienced far worse than waterboarding while Fonda slept with the enemy.

I doubt she'll be doing USO tours anytime soon. Hanoi Jane is still very much disliked in the military circles. She'd need an armed bodyguard to protect her from our own troops.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm proud I went to North Vietnam because Nixon was lying to us.

---Jane Fonda