Tin Foil Hats

I'll bet that as soon as they got those tinfoil hats on and interrupted the mind-control signals, they realized that the CBC has a pro-leftist bias.

The CBC has a pro CBC bias - you are giving them to much credit - they may have at one time been rife with leftist idealogs but no longer - just like the old feminist that are now comfortable and established..who have turned their backs on their "sisters" . The CBC is an instution that is rapidly being Americanized and simply serve themselves. This pheomena is similar to what the CIA has become - once a not for profit intelligence agency, they are now fully privatized and have no quams about ensuring lucrative contracts for "contractors" and trouble makers that will set of a car bomb in Baghdad and blame it on the fueding religious and mafia factions - all to keep buisness going. The CBC - is NOT leftist - you forget that when they were going to broadcast a documentary on human rights abuse in China - because of their upcoming contract to be fulfilled filming the Olypics - one crummy phone call from Bejing - and CBC selfishly caved and submitted to the China guys..seems that CBC is now just out for CBC and to hell with a communist nation torturing and imprisoning innocent human beings.

Perhaps that's because it doesn't belong, but I guess you could have tried Political Philosophy. Federal politics is clearly the wrong place.

Wow, angry much?

I picked Federal politics as the most active board on the forum. It was clearly intended to introduce a little levity. I get guess if you searched the term 'tinfoil hat', it has been used more on this board than on any other on the forum....

Edited by Michael Bluth

Wow, angry much?

Not angry at all. It just doesn't relate to Canadian federal politics. But if I were angry, I don't see why you would bring it up. Why the need to personalize every single debate you have?

Besides, "tin-foil hat" is just a term to shut down debate when one has no real information to offer. And I don't say that because people have used that term in response to my posts--no one has. I just recognize poor debating when I see it.

Wow, angry much?

I picked Federal politics as the most active board on the forum. It was clearly intended to introduce a little levity. I get if you searched the term 'tinfoil hat' has been use more on this board than on any other on the forum....

Soon as I saw "tin foil hat" you had my interest. Myself being a card carrying member of the Tin Foil Hat League Of Canada.....am more than willing to talk about all sorts of theories...so do you believe that the numbers 911 are actually 611 upside down - you know that's the sign of the beast...or is it 616 - wait...665 - ? damn...now I remember - 9 1 1 is the number you dial to get a pizza or a husband to go>

Soon as I saw "tin foil hat" you had my interest. Myself being a card carrying member of the Tin Foil Hat League Of Canada.....am more than willing to talk about all sorts of theories...so do you believe that the numbers 911 are actually 611 upside down - you know that's the sign of the beast...or is it 616 - wait...665 - ? damn...now I remember - 9 1 1 is the number you dial to get a pizza or a husband to go>

Thanks for seeing the thread in the spirit it was intended.

Thanks for seeing the thread in the spirit it was intended.

Your welcome- seeing I did not read a stitch of the thread abd like a true tinfoiler spoiler - I theorized and hit the mark sheerly by accident! Before you graduate to the silver foil hat and then to the gold foil - which is about 33 and a third degrees higher than any Mason chief can every aspire too - one must at least achieve a 50 50 success when it comes to deducting the truth out of the wildest conspiracy imaginable. Did you know that there is a guy that lives under the Bay and Bloor subway that controls the world with his mind....and a land line directly to Winnipeg where the world council resides in a hostel pretending they are homeless - bet you did not know that - wait----the black choppers are back - HAVE TO GO!

It does, to the people that see a connection between Muldoon and Harper.

Exactly my point. When faced with an irrefutable connection, rather than acknowledge the fact and move on, you muster a lame phrase that you hope might help to discredit actual reality. Whether or not Harper had any inkling of Mulroney's shady dealings, there is no denying the two were connected. Are you saying Andrew Coyne was wearing a tinfoil hat when he said this:

"So Harper is tied to Mulroney, as Mulroney is tied to Schreiber, not by any opposition insinuations or press vendettas, but by their own appalling lapses in judgment."

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/20112007/21/and...rs-friends.html

Exactly my point. When faced with an irrefutable connection, rather than acknowledge the fact and move on, you muster a lame phrase that you hope might help to discredit actual reality. Whether or not Harper had any inkling of Mulroney's shady dealings, there is no denying the two were connected. Are you saying Andrew Coyne was wearing a tinfoil hat when he said this:

"So Harper is tied to Mulroney, as Mulroney is tied to Schreiber, not by any opposition insinuations or press vendettas, but by their own appalling lapses in judgment."

"Appalling lapses in judgement" is an inaccurate term. There is a huge difference in a judgement and a decision. A judgement could be when a person sizes up a situation and proceeds down the best possible path - that would be good judgement. A choice in the alternative is when there are two completed judgements available and in your sight. A choice to proceed down a legitimate path and a choice to go down the crimminal path. With Malroney the choice was made and there was no lapse in judgement. He judged the out come of his actions accurately and took a chance. Where his judgement was askew was that he never believed he would actually be held accountable for the crimminal choice.

He believed that his privledged position left him untouchable - alledgedly it worked for him- He sued and alledgedly with great confidence believed that the courts were crimminally minded and would protect him because of his privledge and status - he was right. Who is on trail here if we want to call it that are the pandering judcial bodies that allowed Malroneys ego to flair and fly wildly..so it will not be an inquisition of Malroney - but of his faciltators the idol worshiping judges and lawyer who must have thought - "This is a Prime Minister - he is above the law - give him what he wants - it's the henchmen that need to be examined. For without henchmen the rider does not ride.

Whether or not Harper had any inkling of Mulroney's shady dealings, there is no denying the two were connected.
Great sounding but totally meaningless turn of phrase. If Harper didn't know how are the two "connected"? Quite fuzzy logic (link to 'Fuzzy Logic" by Lotfi Asker Zadeh .
Are you saying Andrew Coyne was wearing a tinfoil hat when he said this:

Yes.

Great sounding but totally meaningless turn of phrase. If Harper didn't know how are the two "connected"?

It's not clear to me, either; if Coyne's just saying that it was awful judgment to take Mulroney on as an adviser, then it's hard to deny, but doesn't really constitute a transitive link to KHS. The connections between Schreiber and Peter McKay seem more obvious, certainly.

It's not really in the same league as the grossly mendacious statement of connections between Saddam and Al Quaeda, mind you, which I'm sure jbg also staunchly opposed for its contemptible rhetoric; but it is a very broadly similar use of weasel words to make up for a lack of evidence.

The issues in this thread are starting to remind me more and more of how the press treated Preston Manning during his first campaign.

The Liberals were mired in all sorts of scandals. Chretien regularly went to an imaginary Shawinigan pub to share some imaginary molsons with imaginary locals. There was Jane Stewart and the HRDC. There was suspicious money floating all over the Liberal Party.

Finally they found something to hang on Manning and for a few days were trumpeting it to the heavens. It seemed that someone had found a dry cleaning bill that somehow had gotten paid from party funds instead of by Manning personally, which was against some election rule or other.

Imagine, a dry cleaning bill! If that wasn't equivalent to all the stuff on the Liberal side then what could be? The media was bitterly disappointed that the first reaction was a snort of laughter from most of the electorate and after a few days a bored yawn! The issue died quickly after that.

As I said, all this dirt on a dinosaur like Mulroney who led a party that no longer exists seems similar, at least to me.

The issues in this thread are starting to remind me more and more of how the press treated Preston Manning during his first campaign.

The Liberals were mired in all sorts of scandals. Chretien regularly went to an imaginary Shawinigan pub to share some imaginary molsons with imaginary locals. There was Jane Stewart and the HRDC. There was suspicious money floating all over the Liberal Party.

Finally they found something to hang on Manning and for a few days were trumpeting it to the heavens. It seemed that someone had found a dry cleaning bill that somehow had gotten paid from party funds instead of by Manning personally, which was against some election rule or other.

Imagine, a dry cleaning bill! If that wasn't equivalent to all the stuff on the Liberal side then what could be? The media was bitterly disappointed that the first reaction was a snort of laughter from most of the electorate and after a few days a bored yawn! The issue died quickly after that.

As I said, all this dirt on a dinosaur like Mulroney who led a party that no longer exists seems similar, at least to me.

There is no connection in these regrads between Mr. Harper and Mr. Malroney. The only connection will be a fabricated one. Much like a conspriatorial game of connect the dots. Dots are a very fleeting thing and to spend time being compulsive and driven by the hope of ousting a Prime Minister on the sins of a long lost step father is foolish. Harper knows that there were "mistakes" - and I am sure that he and his fellows will make sure they are not repeated.

An interesting statement for a thread about tin foil hats...
Except there's some basis for it. Unfortunately, the same factors have caused me to reduce my posting activities and contributions. Edited by jbg

• Forum Admin
I now have to think long and hard, when selecting which of a few boards to place an opening post on, whether to place it here.

That's a good thing. I just wish you would have spent a bit more time considering whether you should openly argue about the placement of this silly/off-topic thread.