Iranian Navy in Running for Darwin Award

M.Dancer

I'm wondering why you are looking at Iran as an insurgency. Isn't the shoe on the other foot? Might it be the US who is the insurgency here?

I'm noit and I have to assume from that comment you don't know what insurgency, or insurgent for that matter, means.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha. I love it. WTF do you think the Iranians are doing?
What the Iranians are doing is irrelevant to whether the straits are international waters.

Try and stop prevaricating. The waters are open, anyone who challenges the right to unimpeded access is technically and legally committing an act of war.

You are free now to state what your think the Itanians are doing.

What the Iranians are doing is irrelevant to whether the straits are international waters.

Try and stop prevaricating. The waters are open, anyone who challenges the right to unimpeded access is technically and legally committing an act of war.

You are free now to state what your think the Itanians are doing.

Open according to who pray tell? Northwest Passage minds want to know.

Open according to who pray tell? Northwest Passage minds want to know.

To everyone. Really though, if you are going to play the retarded step brother, you're not worth botheirng with any longer. If you can come up with a citation that shows Iran or any other nation has contested the international status of the straits, please do, otherwise go haunt some other house.

To everyone. Really though, if you are going to play the retarded step brother, you're not worth botheirng with any longer. If you can come up with a citation that shows Iran or any other nation has contested the international status of the straits, please do, otherwise go haunt some other house.

Excellent. So what do you think they are doing now?

So your view is that the US should be the one to guarantee that the starit is open to shipping? Which part of the US borders on the Strait of Hormuz?

If no one else with the power to do so is willing to volunteer, yes. The strait has far too much importance to the world to let anyone shut it down.

If you lived in a country with an industrial economy and a bunch of yahoos in speed boats shut down 80% of your oil supply, would you just sit on your ass because the strait wasn't on your border?

Angus I am not going to name names on here, but there are quite a few posters who would support an attack on Iran, even a nuclear one. I suggest to read a few more of their posts where they talk about a nuclear scenario and how it actually could be won. Granted some are not posting as much as they used to, but any looksy through some of the older threads wrt Iran will out them quite well.
I'll stand up and name myself on that one.

About everything.

I bow to your politeness. The sanctity of international waters are guarenteed by whoever has the ability to protect them. The Persian Gulf if patroled by numerous nations ....other waters may be patrolled by other navies ensuring the safety of those who cross. For instance, the staits of Molloca (sp) are patrolled by Australia, the Mediteraanium by just about everyone.....

I bow to your politeness. The sanctity of international waters are guarenteed by whoever has the ability to protect them. The Persian Gulf if patroled by numerous nations ....other waters may be patrolled by other navies ensuring the safety of those who cross. For instance, the staits of Molloca (sp) are patrolled by Australia, the Mediteraanium by just about everyone.....

Good idea. Let's all declare Long Island Sound an international water which any navy in the world may patrol because its host country feels that it has an obligation to protect a commercial interest.

LOL.

Good idea. Let's all declare Long Island Sound an international water which any navy in the world may patrol because its host country feels that it has an obligation to protect a commercial interest.

LOL.

Why did you give wilber your name. Fine, declare soveriegn waters international and then you have a terrirtorial dispute . Once again, their is no territorrial; dispute in the Straits of Hormuz. But given the long Island sound is with a civilised nation, it will be dealt with by courts as opposed to suicide bombers.

You are starting to give Keng a run for the money in the forums most clueless poster category. It's seems like a close race and I honestly hope you don't win.

LOL.

I suppose when Red China finds oil in New Jersey that might be a worthwhile analogy.

------------------------------------------------------------------

New York now leads the world's great cities in the number of people around whom you shouldn't make a sudden move.

---David Letterman

LOL.

I'm impressed that you know where the Long Island Sound is. It is about 3 km wide near NYC, about 60 kms wide further east, and is bounded by 2 or 3 states, depending on how you count. The Persian Gulf is bounded by more countries, and ones not willing to guarantee the right of innocent passage.

I don't recall ever getting my "ass handed to [me]". I think one of the things that I enjoy most about having an intellect is the ability to appreciate things on a level that most others do not. The sad thing about it is that when one has to interact with "others" one has to make certain concessions, just as, for example, a pro hockey player would have to when playing shiney with his kids on the backyard rink. Things are not always what they appear to be, and it would be foolish if those kids would think otherwise.

haha

I see.. So you are just 'playing dumb'? is that it? good job sir!

;)

And I think you're starting to sound just like the former Posit in many ways.

Funny you should say that. His vapouress claims to have read of so much history yet coming short of the challenge caused me to think the same thing last week.

Funny you should say that. His vapouress claims to have read of so much history yet coming short of the challenge caused me to think the same thing last week.

Guess what your use of non-existent phrases like "vapouress claims" make people think about you... I suppose the word you really are thinking you are using is "vapid," but whatever the case it's not accurate. I spend much of my day reading on various subjects, including, Canadian, European, military history, law, religion, Canadian politics, among other things; I research historical events, and have spent more time going through old newspapers, documents, etc. in library and archives both in Canada and Europe. Whether you believe me or not is no big concern, because my guess is that you academic career plateaued somewhere near the end of high school, and that your main source of information is the Internet and daily newspapers. A fact that you are self-conscious about, which leads to 9/10s of your posts being short put-downs and sarcastic remarks. I guess it gives you a certain amount of satisfaction that you can goad some people with your crude remarks, but it really is, in the end, small compensation for the intellect that you will always lack.

Guess what your use of non-existent phrases like "vapouress claims" make people think about you...

No I was using the word vapour, as in steam, like the phrase vapourware, software that a company says they are developing but never materializes....

Sort of like your claims of knowing what you are talking about....

Mind you, you are also vapid, but that doesn't take away from your vapoursmarts

Edited by M.Dancer