Tasered Polish Man

shavluk

How the hell would you know what risk was minimal? How many six foot 200 lb+ men in a frenzy have you been involved in taking down? You watch too much TV methinks. Yes there are risks to their profession but you have no right to expect them to take any more risks on your behalf than are necessary to do their job. Most of them become police officers to serve their community and help people, not to get beat up, maimed or get infected with some unspeakable disease. My you have a low opinion of the only people there are between you and the scum of this world.

The Premier and the powers that be have initiated investigations and a public inquiry. They aren't convicting them out of hand like you.

So you insist in brutal force over intelct; shoot first then talk.

What would of been the outcome if the cop had told the person ; your mother is looking for you- follow me and we will show you where she is waiting for you?

Edited by no queenslave

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the hell would you know what risk was minimal? How many six foot 200 lb+ men in a frenzy have you been involved in taking down? You watch too much TV methinks. Yes there are risks to their profession but you have no right to expect them to take any more risks on your behalf than are necessary to do their job. Most of them become police officers to serve their community and help people, not to get beat up, maimed or get infected with some unspeakable disease. My you have a low opinion of the only people there are between you and the scum of this world.

The Premier and the powers that be have initiated investigations and a public inquiry. They aren't convicting them out of hand like you.

Just some big oalf tossing chairs around who had never seen an airport before and felt trapped - I can barely get in and out of those places. The big dumbo not dead had a suit case full of geography books and wanted to kiss a bear on a mountain peak..how hard is it to deal with that - just goes to show you that who ever is running this nation is terrified of everything and projects that hysteria into the cops...so maybe our so-called elite need medication....or a change in it..talk about chicken poop cowardice and the trickle down effect of it..this act of ultiamte cowardice generated by the fear that someone may take their money - maybe a bank robber from Poland...something is wrong here when it is acceptable that cops are trembling at the sight of any man over 180 pounds who still behaves like a man pissed off by the mechanized mentality of an airport - not to mention - mechanical cops. That he really believed were there to help but circled him like wolves - I guess this pole came to see the wild life in Canada - but was not expecting to encounter human animals that were lethal preditors.

What happened to the PA system when the mother was looking for her son? No airport worker knew how to locate someone in the terminal? Why did it take 4 cops to talk to someone; nothing else to do?All that was necessary is for some staff interpreter to do their job.

Why did it get to the point where it was deemed necessary to call the police in the first place? That's something that we would all like to know except for those who can't or don't want to see anything other than the actions of the police.

So you insist in brutal force over intelct; shoot first then talk.

What would of been the outcome if the cop had told the person ; your mother is looking for you- follow me and we will show you where she is waiting for you?

A: I'm not insisting anything of the sort, I'm just saying let the inquiries run their course before you condemn. You know, just like you would insist for some drug dealer or other scumbag who was arrested by the police. Due process and all that other boring, inconvenient crap that has to be followed for serial killers and the like.

B: As far as we know the cops had no idea his mother was looking for him. That was someone else's screw up. They just got a call that there was someone going berserk in arrivals.

C: None of the cops spoke Polish, nor anyone else in the airport it would seem.

Haven't you been following any of this?

A: I'm not insisting anything of the sort, I'm just saying let the inquiries run their course before you condemn. You know, just like you would insist for some drug dealer or other scumbag who was arrested by the police. Due process and all that other boring, inconvenient crap that has to be followed for serial killers and the like.

B: As far as we know the cops had no idea his mother was looking for him. That was someone else's screw up. They just got a call that there was someone going berserk in arrivals.

C: None of the cops spoke Polish, nor anyone else in the airport it would seem.

Haven't you been following any of this?

Not even his mother?

Great points that hit the nail on the head. Let all the facts been seen before any judgement is cast. If there was error in judgement here, the officers involved will be dealt with accordingly.

Who are you kidding - these "officers" are equal to security guards at a subsidized housing comlex..or that guy you see sitting in the ill fitting uniform at the bank eyeing the customers - These cops have no judgement - that is the point - they have no depth of intelligence - they have no people skills and they are spiritually and typically underdeveloped human beings that should not be cops but working as janitors in the basement of a bank tower saying - other than "It a great and thing that Tim Hortons is setting up coffee for the guys in Afghanistan...now that's a patriot corporation" _ give me a break...law enforcement has gone down the drain with affimitive action hiring practices. There is no quality.

I think we're past the point of assigning blame and should be focusing on recommendations to ensure this doesn't have to happen again, especially in light of the coming Olympics to BC.

Licia Corbella's recent column makes the recommendation that YVR install closed circuit video cameras in the arrivals lounge (where Dziekanski's mother was waiting) that show arrivals coming off the plane and through customs...similar to what they have at Calgary airport and others.

If she had been able to see that he had safely arrived she wouldn't have left thinking he'd missed his plane and it's safe to assume she'd have had a far easier time in getting someone to locate him and steer him in the right direction.

My understanding is that she had erroneously told him to wait by the baggage claims carrousel when he should have in fact kept moving to the arrivals lounge area.

Seems like a no-brainer recommendation to me. I'm sure the various inquiries will make similar recommendations to bring YVR up to speed as an international airport.

Edited by luvacuppajoe

I think we're past the point of assigning blame and should be focusing on recommendations to ensure this doesn't have to happen again, especially in light of the coming Olympics to BC.

Sure. Just as soon as the RCMP officers involved have been tried and properly punished. ;)

Seriously I do think a lot of people are more interested in bashing law enforcement personnel than resolving bureaucratic and administrative problems. Have you not noticed the increasing references by some posters about the police state we live in?

Sure. Just as soon as the RCMP officers involved have been tried and properly punished. ;)

Seriously I do think a lot of people are more interested in bashing law enforcement personnel than resolving bureaucratic and administrative problems. Have you not noticed the increasing references by some posters about the police state we live in?

There is not police state that we live in. Show courtesy and good faith and all will be fine - law enforcement are your friends or your foe - your choice. This thing in Vancouver involving the Polish traveler was a mistake do to human error. It will be resolved. Everyone knows what happened. Punishment should be reserved for those who breach law with intent and forthought - the cops had no thought..let alone intent to kill. It was a bungling.

Oh I am sorry, I didn't realize you knew these officers personally. Could you enlighten the rest of us on what their names are, what education they have, what experience they have, etc.?

Because unless you know them personally, you would realize that what you stated above is extremely stupid.

Why did,t you ask the same of the posters on the other side; your prejudices is showing.

I guess the police did not strictly act as what they were trained. This is why some parts of their former statements of the event was not coincidence with the video. I guess the using of Taser was stricted by some police bylaw or internal striction. This is why they stated that they only shot twince not four and the Polish was resisting when he got the shots.

I think the real problem is not whether the police did correct or wrong by using Taser in this situation, but it is that the Police might not tell the truthe of the event for covering their fault if we believed the video was the truth.

And if the public have no longer trusted the police's statements, how a judgement could be convinced by public when a policeman charges a person by attack police while this guy denies the charges?

Edited by xul

How many of you who claim the taser is not a deadly weapon are willing to sign a waver; and be a willing participant to be tasered till the charge is all used up; all 50 shots.

The Taser is not a deadly weapon...it is a non-lethal immobilizer that, like many other forms of restraint, can lead to death under certain conditions. Sign me up....haven't you ever been to a stun-gun party (1980's)?

The Taser is not a deadly weapon...it is a non-lethal immobilizer that, like many other forms of restraint, can lead to death under certain conditions. Sign me up....haven't you ever been to a stun-gun party (1980's)?

by the same logic a gun is not a deadly weapon ... it can lead to death under certain conditions.

If it leads to death under any conditions it is a deadly weapon.

Deadly weapon- Any device,instrument, material or substance, whether animate or inanimate, which in the manner it is used or is intended to be used is known to be capable of producing death or serious bodily injury. model penal code &210.0

How many deaths has it caused?

Edited by no queenslave

by the same logic a gun is not a deadly weapon ... it can lead to death under certain conditions.

If it leads to death under any conditions it is a deadly weapon.

Logically then, you would ban all forms of restraint, police pursuits, flash grenades, pepper spray, billy clubs, tear gas, stop sticks, etc....anything that could lead to death. Of course, sidearms and long guns would be banned at once.

Good luck with that.

Logically then, you would ban all forms of restraint, police pursuits, flash grenades, pepper spray, billy clubs, tear gas, stop sticks, etc....anything that could lead to death. Of course, sidearms and long guns would be banned at once.

Good luck with that.

I am just posting it is a deadly weapon. Where have i posted that it should be banned?

I am just posting it is a deadly weapon. Where have i posted that it should be banned?

Then what is your purpose in branding the Taser as a deady weapon? And subjecting all supporters of its use to be Tasered until the capacitive discharge capability of one full charge is depleted?

Accordingly, my fingernail clippers are a deadly weapon too.

Then what is your purpose in branding the Taser as a deady weapon? And subjecting all supporters of its use to be Tasered until the capacitive discharge capability of one full charge is depleted?

Accordingly, my fingernail clippers are a deadly weapon too.

and how many of your fingernails will someone have to clip before you die?

Edited by no queenslave