Ron Paul on Leno

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised and impressed at the same time when Leno asked about Paul's wish to eliminate the IRS. Bold bold bold.

I was imppressed.

Long time obgyn, has delivered over 4000 babies?

He was a Military doctor.

Long time serving politician.

He makes no apologies about his past. And is consistent in his speach. And to be running 3rd overall due to the Internet, his campaign is growing fast.

Leno treated Paul with respect, and it showed through the entire interview. Anyone who has delivered babies is pretty cool with me. Imagine if he was at least in charge of the health care system. I am sure he could do wonders with it.

Hi GostHacked!

Glad you enjoyed it, he was great eh! :)

What I liked and found so refreshing was when he says towards the end, that while he may have his failings - the IDEA does not!!

Have you noticed that the 'smear' campaigns are beginning to turn up against this man? (You know - things taken out of context etc?)

Hi GostHacked!

Glad you enjoyed it, he was great eh! :)

What I liked and found so refreshing was when he says towards the end, that while he may have his failings - the IDEA does not!!

Have you noticed that the 'smear' campaigns are beginning to turn up against this man? (You know - things taken out of context etc?)

Months ago. Months ago. Leno was respectful to Paul, unlike Hannity and Colmes who spoke with Paul after one of the GOP debates. They were not very nice to him. Even when asking the hard questions and getting a good answer, they played the good cop bad cop routine.

Months ago. Months ago. Leno was respectful to Paul, unlike Hannity and Colmes who spoke with Paul after one of the GOP debates. They were not very nice to him. Even when asking the hard questions and getting a good answer, they played the good cop bad cop routine.

Yeah, well Hannity and Colmes are not exactly known to be fair and balanced. I saw the interview and was again impressed with Paul's behaviour. No rhetoric - just simple, straight talk!! ;)

Have you heard about the November 5th drive?

This November Fifth

One thing I think everyone can admit - the creativity and rapid growth of Paul's supporters is nothing short of miraculous! It's very nice to see that there are so many patriotic people left in the US, it's especially good to see the huge number of youth - who usually are quite complacent when it comes to elections.

:)

One thing I think everyone can admit - the creativity and rapid growth of Paul's supporters is nothing short of miraculous! It's very nice to see that there are so many patriotic people left in the US, it's especially good to see the huge number of youth - who usually are quite complacent when it comes to elections.

Not so miraculous or without precedent....Ron Paul hasn't come close to matching Ross Perot's numbers from 1992, and certainly not campaign funding, which is what really counts.

The patriotism of Americans is not in doubt because they support/don't support Ron Paul, or even if they vote at all.

On balance, Ron Paul's positions (if enacted into law), would be very bad for Canadian interests.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Bush Cheney

Not so miraculous or without precedent....Ron Paul hasn't come close to matching Ross Perot's numbers from 1992, and certainly not campaign funding, which is what really counts.

On balance, Ron Paul's positions (if enacted into law), would be very bad for Canadian interests.

No, what really counts is the votes when the election comes around. The Internet was not very common in 1992. Today it is totaly relevant in terms of exposure to people to get the message out. The best way to do that these days is via the Internet. I know you poo poo that every time it is mentioned, but you fail to see that it will have a huge impact on who gets the nod for President of the US. Wether it be a Dem. or a Rep. Paul is in tune with that. And since he is campainging for votes and not dollars, (from what I can tell anyways) the respect he earns means a better chance at getting votes. Compared to every other Rep. candidate out there, Paul stands out from the rest. He is not towing the 'good ol boy' line. Does not seem like he ever has.

Consistant in his rhetoric, respectful in his words. Not afraid to go against the grain and stands up for what he truely believes what a true conservative republican should be like. Confident in his speach. This man shows an inner strenght that eludes all other candidates, republican, or democrat.

Paul has to look out for the US, not Canada. Canada's interests are Canada's problem. Not the US.

No, what really counts is the votes when the election comes around. The Internet was not very common in 1992. Today it is totaly relevant in terms of exposure to people to get the message out. The best way to do that these days is via the Internet. I know you poo poo that every time it is mentioned, but you fail to see that it will have a huge impact on who gets the nod for President of the US.

Ross Perot didn't have much Internet exposure in 1992 either, but he did have campaign funding and grassroots support...far more than Ron Paul. There was wide "exposure" for candidates via the Internet in 2004....President Bush was re-elected.

Consistant in his rhetoric, respectful in his words. Not afraid to go against the grain and stands up for what he truely believes what a true conservative republican should be like. Confident in his speach. This man shows an inner strenght that eludes all other candidates, republican, or democrat.

Oh sure...he is the only candidate with such qualities in all the land....and he will surely lose the election.

Paul has to look out for the US, not Canada. Canada's interests are Canada's problem. Not the US.

Actually, he is doing neither.

He is the only republican candidate looking out for the States. He is the only Republican candidate that is a true Republican, lower taxes, isolationist, no foreign wars, constitutionalist, smaller government. I could go on. Bush is so far away from what a Republican should be it is scary.

He is the only republican candidate looking out for the States. He is the only Republican candidate that is a true Republican, lower taxes, isolationist, no foreign wars, constitutionalist, smaller government. I could go on. Bush is so far away from what a Republican should be it is scary.

So scary, he was re-elected in 2004 after doing all of the above. The big loser was "anti-war"...imagine that!

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I agree, though I don't think of him as isolationist - he is all for trade, commerce and relations with all nations - just no alliances with any. He is a Constitutionalist - and something to be proud of. The US Constitution is a beautiful document, an amazing ideology - which has been hijacked. It's time to take it back.

If only we had someone like him in Canada.

So scary, he was re-elected in 2004 after doing all of the above. The big loser was "anti-war"...imagine that!

But the Republicans were devastated in 2004 and on track to be decimated in 08, thanks to Cheney's 17% approval rating.

Just a quick post to bring Dr. Paul's extraordinary fundraising day, this past November 5, into the discussion!!

4.2 million dollars in one day!!

This should put to rest the smear campaign saying that all these 'bots' are responsible for the strong Paul internet following and poll results!! Cuz let's face it - bots have NO F***** money!!

Way to go Dr. Paul!!

Remember remember the 5th of November,

The neocon treason and plot...

I can think of no reason the neocon treason

should ever be forgot!!

~author unknown

Smashing success!! I only wish I could vote for him!

Guest American Woman
I get the impression that many of the people who support Dr. Paul are left-leaning for some reason. I have nothing to prove this impression, just the tone of the posts I read.

All the posts here supporting him seem to be Canadians.

I am a Canuck (and bush_cheney will point that out as a bad thing and say that is does not matter ... and he is right buuuuuut he is on a CANADIAN based forum so take that to the bank)

No one is consistent as he is in speech. And this is what people need to watch out for. He is not a flip flopper like most of the other candidates out there.

OH and Bush_Cheney said that the Internet is not going to be a factor in this next election. He is right cause Hillary Clinton will win (already coursed out for her so all other candidates do not mean crap.... yay politics). However raising 4.2 mill in one day through online donations is very encouraging for his campaign

Dr. Ron Paul is a prescription for "no" and "nowhere".

Going nowhere is still better than going backwards.

A real old school conservative.

And that too is strange. The libertarian wing of the Republican party has much more voice within the party than Canadian libertarians have with the Cons. The result is that libertarians have quite a bit of influence over US politics. I never saw the same to be true in Canada. I doubt these Canuckies would be likely to countance the possibility of voting for a Ron Paul in their own elections.

My diagnosis - the support is cynical and is purely based around hopes to see US foreign policy retrreat inwards. The next questions are: why the desire to see US influence wane and what hope for what happens in the subsequent vaccum. I have my theory.