wild-eyed, thumping himself on the chest,

Guest coot

Guest coot

According to the Dallas Morning News, friends of the president from Texas were "shocked recently to find him nearly wild-eyed, thumping himself on the chest three times while he repeated, 'I am the president!' He also made it clear he was setting Iraq up so his successor could not get out of 'our country's destiny.'"

It appears that what was evident all along is finally catching up with him. It's always been clear that Bush is way over his head in the job of president. I've noticed in recent speeches he seems somewhat lost, angry, and confused at what's going on around him. Is it possible that he might put his ego aside and step down before his term is up, for the good of the country?

According to the Dallas Morning News, friends of the president from Texas were "shocked recently to find him nearly wild-eyed, thumping himself on the chest three times while he repeated, 'I am the president!' He also made it clear he was setting Iraq up so his successor could not get out of 'our country's destiny.'"

It appears that what was evident all along is finally catching up with him. It's always been clear that Bush is way over his head in the job of president. I've noticed in recent speeches he seems somewhat lost, angry, and confused at what's going on around him. Is it possible that he might put his ego aside and step down before his term is up, for the good of the country?

That sounds interesting. Do you happen to have a link?

Guest coot
It's an opinion piece....not news or fact...except that Dubya is the president, and there is nothing she can do about it.

You're saying that incidents cited and sourced in opinion pieces are inherently false because they are in opinion pieces? :lol:

You're saying that incidents cited and sourced in opinion pieces are inherently false because they are in opinion pieces? :lol:

No, I'm saying that this opinion piece has no merit WRT "chest thumping".

Observe the technique.....friends from Arkansas said that Hillary Clinton thumped herself on the chest and proclaimed, "I will be president".

Guest coot

I don't quite get your technique. What's Hillary Clinton got to do with anything?

I'm guessing you're somehow inferring that there is no credibility to anonymous sources. I think the Plame trial, if it did anything, demonstrated the credibility of the MSM with regard to their sources. I don't think it was drawn from some democrat's partisan ass.

Here is the link to the wild eyed Bush story.

http://dallasmorningviews.beloblog.com/

It must be my eyes....but where exactly is that wild-eyed Bush part?

Is this the one????

"Georgie Anne Geyer re President Bush

From her column, which we are publishing on tomorrow's Viewpoints page ...

But by all reports, President Bush is more utterly convinced than ever of his righteousness [regarding the Iraq war].

Friends of his from Texas were shocked recently to find him nearly wild-eyed, thumping himself on the chest three times while he repeated “I am the president!” He also made it clear he was setting Iraq up so his successor could not get out of “our country’s destiny.”

This sounds way too "end times" for my taste, although I've always thought that apocalpytic thinking was a big piece of why we are in Iraq ... Geyer has some great sources inside the administration; I'm curious to know where she got this anecdote."

I'm curious too.

Guest coot
It must be my eyes....but where exactly is that wild-eyed Bush part?

I couldn't find it in that link either. I provided the one that I was referring to immediately following that link.

At least fellow Texan and CBS News anchor Dan Rather went to the trouble of getting fake documents about Bush before falling from grace. Bloggers need a hook..an edge to get noticed.

I thought it was Karl Rove who went to the trouble getting Dan Rather fake documents.