Giuliani to Paul: 'Take back' 9/11 comments

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See the definition of "landslide"...I know that such things are rare in Coalition Canada.

Bush supporters after 2000 said popular vote didn't count (Electoral College count did) b/c their guy lost the popular vote.

Here's Electoral Vote counts for the 1992 and 1996 elections:

Clinton: 370

Bush: 168

Clinton: 379

Dole: 159.

I think >2:1 two times qualifies landslide wins, doncha think? *LOL

I like both men, I like Paul for his old school conserative thinking but i disagree with his opinion on nine/eleven and the threat that Islamic extremism holds. In the same breath Rudy Giuliani for all his using 9-11 to promote himself, he did do one helluva job in taking care of the situation. If New Orleans had half the leadership as New York it would not have been nearly the disaster. If you disagree with me on that, its your right to. However I ask you this, in similar cirucmstances how would you have handled nine eleven differently? Running for the office of president is like applying for a job. On your resume your going to put anything great that you did. And is it any surprise that Giuliani is using his defining moment as the center piece for his campaign?

Martin: Paul's 9/11 explanation deserves to be debated

POSTED: 9:26 p.m. EDT, May 18, 2007

By Roland S. Martin

CNN contributor

Roland S. Martin is a CNN contributor and a talk-show host for WVON-AM in Chicago.

(CNN) -- Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani was declared the winner of Tuesday's Republican presidential debate in South Carolina, largely for his smack down of Texas Rep. Ron Paul, who suggested that America's foreign policy contributed to the destruction on September 11, 2001.

Paul, who is more of a libertarian than a Republican, was trying to offer some perspective on the pitfalls of an interventionist policy by the American government in the affairs of the Middle East and other countries.

"Have you ever read about the reasons they attacked us? They attack us because we've been over there. We've been bombing Iraq for 10 years," he said.

That set Giuliani off.

"That's really an extraordinary statement," said Giuliani. "As someone who lived through the attack of September 11, that we invited the attack because we were attacking Iraq; I don't think I've ever heard that before and I've heard some pretty absurd explanations for September 11."

As the crowd applauded wildly, Giuliani demanded that Paul retract his statements.

Paul tried to explain the process known as "blowback" -- which is the result of someone else's action coming back to afflict you -- but the audience drowned him out as the other candidates tried to pounce on him.

After watching all the network pundits laud Giuliani, it struck me that they must be the most clueless folks in the world.

First, Giuliani must be an idiot to not have heard Paul's rationale before. That issue has been raised countless times in the last six years by any number of experts.

Second, when we finish with our emotional response, it would behoove us to actually think about what Paul said and make the effort to understand his rationale.

Granted, Americans were severely damaged by the hijacking of U.S. planes, and it has resulted in a worldwide fight against terror. Was it proper for the United States to respond to the attack? Of course! But should we, as a matter of policy, and moral decency, learn to think and comprehend that our actions in one part of the world could very well come back to hurt us, or, as Paul would say, blow back in our face? Absolutely. His real problem wasn't his analysis, but how it came out of his mouth.

What has been overlooked is that Paul based his position on the effects of the 1953 ouster by the CIA of Iranian Prime Minister Mohammad Mossadegh.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/18/martin/index.html

By this reasoning, we should expect "blowback" in Canada any day now...perhaps the CN Tower.

You are soooo hoping for this to happen to Canadians.

Don't worry your government will make sure there is another staged attack before the next election. Gotta keep up the rhetoric, gotta keep up the "fear".

No need to drag us into it though -- leave us alone -- we have nothing to do with your so-called "war on terrorists-that-do-not-exist".

...No need to drag us into it though -- leave us alone -- we have nothing to do with your so-called "war on terrorists-that-do-not-exist".

Nonsense....Canada has plenty "to do" with the so called war on terror....."tough noogies" for you until at least 2009. If you get "dragged", you only have yourself to blame.

Hmmm.... notice that you didn't refute that the terror attacks were staged...

You wakin' up from your long sleep?

You can have that discussion with another member who specializes in such things, but has been MIA for over a week. They'll save you a seat on PrisonPlanet.

I believe that member is no longer a member.

No worries, I will make up for it.

The likelyness of a terror attack in Canada is remote compared to the likelyness of a terror attack in the US. Remember, Osama put a Fatwa on the west, and yes that includes Canada. Why? Because we were there bombing them. We were messing with their internal affairs.

If our proximity to the US (economicls ideology, durrr freeeedummm) makes us a huge target for terrorism, then why was Spain hit with those train bombs?? Spain is a better target? How about the UK , London was hit and no where near the US.

The attacks may have not been staged, but you cannot refute the evidence that the US knew the attacks were comming, but may not have known exactly when. There were enough warnings to show that.

So do they really hate us for our Freedoms?? Why is that? What freedoms? Why do they hate our freedoms? This does not make any sense to me. Why should I be hated for I am free? I thought that would make someone envyous of me and they might want to have some of this freedom.

So come on all you experts and tell us all exactly why they hate us and our freedom. I will make this harder for you, leave out religion.

...So do they really hate us for our Freedoms?? Why is that? What freedoms? Why do they hate our freedoms? This does not make any sense to me. Why should I be hated for I am free? I thought that would make someone envyous of me and they might want to have some of this freedom.

So come on all you experts and tell us all exactly why they hate us and our freedom. I will make this harder for you, leave out religion.

"They" hate your "freedoms" because of the way "freedom" manifests itself not only in Canada or the USA, but also in the rest of the world. Our "freedoms" encroach on religious extremists at home and abroad, Christian or Muslim. Leaving out religion is exactly one of the issues facing "them", as in the choice to believe or not, and even as an "infidel". But the hegemony is far more pervasive than mere religion....civil rights, women's rights, abortion, sexual preferences, art, music, food, alcohol, drugs, female soldiers, etc., etc., etc.

They hate our freedoms because our freedoms are going to slowly exterminate "them" or drag "them" kicking and screaming into the present century where mainstream Islam, Judaism, Christianity, and a host of other religions can co-exist, even with atheists in a political / economic framework.

On the BIO channel, they said that OBL attacked the US because of what the US did to Russia while they were fighting in Afghanistan. The US gave money and military equipment and helped form the al queda and OBL, I guess he knows how the US and the CIA works behind the scenes and one thing has to be clear there were Americans that knew this was coming and didn't do anything about it to stop it. Hopefully, after Bush and gang are gone, the US will have a REAL investigation into the truth.

...So do they really hate us for our Freedoms?? Why is that? What freedoms? Why do they hate our freedoms? This does not make any sense to me. Why should I be hated for I am free? I thought that would make someone envyous of me and they might want to have some of this freedom.

"They" hate your "freedoms" because of the way "freedom" manifests itself not only in Canada or the USA, but also in the rest of the world. Our "freedoms" encroach on religious extremists at home and abroad, Christian or Muslim. Leaving out religion is exactly one of the issues facing "them", as in the choice to believe or not, and even as an "infidel". But the hegemony is far more pervasive than mere religion....civil rights, women's rights, abortion, sexual preferences, art, music, food, alcohol, drugs, female soldiers, etc., etc., etc.

They hate our freedoms because our freedoms are going to slowly exterminate "them" or drag "them" kicking and screaming into the present century where mainstream Islam, Judaism, Christianity, and a host of other religions can co-exist, even with atheists in a political / economic framework.

Has it occurred to you that every time the United States bombs the Middle East, it's under the guise of "freedom" and "liberation?" Hell, it's a simple matter of word association. If I were a poor peasant living in the Middle East, I'd hate our freedoms too...

Has it occurred to you that every time the United States bombs the Middle East, it's under the guise of "freedom" and "liberation?" Hell, it's a simple matter of word association. If I were a poor peasant living in the Middle East, I'd hate our freedoms too...

Of course (see definition of "exterminate")....but "our freedoms" include Canadian CF-18s dropping bombs, and artillery in Afghanistan, and frigates in the Gulf, and weapons systems manufacturing in Quebec and Ontario, and JTF2 missions, and etc. etc. etc.

Ditto for the UK, France, Italy, Germany, Denmark, Spain,.......

Of course (see definition of "exterminate")....but "our freedoms" include Canadian CF-18s dropping bombs, and artillery in Afghanistan, and frigates in the Gulf, and weapons systems manufacturing in Quebec and Ontario, and JTF2 missions, and etc. etc. etc.

Ditto for the UK, France, Italy, Germany, Denmark, Spain,.......

In the past fifty years, can you name me any Middle Eastern country that has experienced long-term freedom and security as a result of American military occupations or operations (such as special forces) in any part of the world?

Certainly if we tell them we are coming to help them, you can provide one example where things have gotten substantially and irrefutably better on a national scale.

In the past fifty years, can you name me any Middle Eastern country that has experienced long-term freedom and security as a result of American military occupations or operations (such as special forces) in any part of the world?

Certainly if we tell them we are coming to help them, you can provide one example where things have gotten substantially and irrefutably better on a national scale.

I can name several.....but Saudi Arabia will suffice. More recent examples include Bahrain, Qatar, and UAE (Dubai). It's a tough neighborhood.