ON TELEVISION TONIGHT!

This is a Glenn Beck Special documentary for those of you interested in keeping an open mind.

It airs on CNN Headline News at 7pm and 9pm Eastern.

We all know that the media virtually EVERYWHERE ELSE will tell you Al Gore's story, so what's the harm in hearing the other side?

Watch it! Then we can all debate it.

Cheers

This is a Glenn Beck Special documentary for those of you interested in keeping an open mind.

We all know that the media virtually EVERYWHERE ELSE will tell you Al Gore's story, so what's the harm in hearing the other side?

Cheers

I've seen this advertised for a couple of days now in several places. Rutherford mentioned it this morning on his show. The more the UN and Gore are exposed for the frauds they are the better.

Cheers

I've seen this advertised for a couple of days now in several places. Rutherford mentioned it this morning on his show. The more the UN and Gore are exposed for the frauds they are the better.

While I agree with you - I don't think that's the best way to get the indoctrinated to watch. If they see this as political, they'll stick their heads in the sand and raise a fist in the air fo good ol' Al and the poor ol' planet.

But if you frame it as "the other side of the story" - the right to question authority, then maybe some of the converted will still tune in.

After all - don't lefties love to "fight the power"?

I can't stand Glen Beck, however I might give this a look at - providing he keeps his trap shut for a long enough period.

Another video, dicussed in a couple of threads here is The Great Global Warming Swindle. It is very well done and not at all partisan politically.

We'll see how long I can tolerate GB.

IMO it's very important to see this issue in a non-partisan manner. Science should never be about politics, and sadly in the case of man-made global warming that is all that the supporting 'science' is: politics.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up since I don't watch much tele and would have missed it otherwise.

No promises wrt Beck though.

I have as much time for Glenn Beck as I do for Oprah or Ellen. I don't leave the television on the Anna Nicole Smith Headline News channel for more than 10 seconds at a time.

I have as much time for Glenn Beck as I do for Oprah or Ellen. I don't leave the television on the Anna Nicole Smith Headline News channel for more than 10 seconds at a time.

You've obviously never seen the Glann Beck show because it is absolute the polar opposite of the other shows you mentinoed.

Let's now make this a debate about Glenn Beck, anyway. This is a thread about a documentary giving you the OTHER side of global warming.

Don't argue against the man, argue against the ARGUMENT.

Just watched Beck's show. Not bad but I think he could have done a better job. For instance when he exposed the CO2 lag verses temperature he never mentioned that it was an 800 year lag. I think that's important. He didn't spend enough time on some of the important details and then brought in the stupid sports car. Which is not practical anyway. Hopefully he woke up a few more people to the fact they are being duped by the Gore and Suzuki alarmists who are foot soldiers for the UN's agenda. I thought he did a pretty good job of exposing the state governors who are also complicit in trying to silence their state climatologists.

Excellent job of shredding Gore's movie, and the scientists interviewed in the field raise key issues. I thought bringing in the electric car was a great idea. A car that can do 0 - 60 in 4 seconds! The developer's comment, that trying to change human behaviour is so difficult, making the electric car appealing instead, makes a lot of sense.

One gem I LOVED was the "skeptic quiz" when you had a multiple choice.

They showed a picture of Richard Lindzen of MIT and said

"what is this person best know as?

(a) the spouse of a comedian

(B) MIT Ph.D., (born February 8, 1940) is an atmospheric physicist and the Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Meteorology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology blah blah blah

THE CORRECT ANSWER IS (B) - BUT RICHARD LINDZEN was also discredited by....THIS PERSON...who is best know for be THE SPOUSE OF A COMDEIAN"

hahahah

I laughed out loud because earlier in the show it showed this chick confidently attempting to discredit REAL SCIENTISTS like Lindzen of MIT.

Excellent job of shredding Gore's movie, and the scientists interviewed in the field raise key issues. I thought bringing in the electric car was a great idea. A car that can do 0 - 60 in 4 seconds! The developer's comment, that trying to change human behaviour is so difficult, making the electric car appealing instead, makes a lot of sense.

IF there is no such thing as global climate change -- why bother with the electric car?

IF there is no such thing as peak oil -- why bother with the electric car?

If the globe isn't changing why all the interest in alternate cleaner energy sources? Hmmmmm?

IF there is no such thing as global climate change -- why bother with the electric car?

IF there is no such thing as peak oil -- why bother with the electric car?

If the globe isn't changing why all the interest in alternate cleaner energy sources? Hmmmmm?

Obviously you didn't watch the show. We do need to cut down on our pollution, but the end of the world isn't nigh like environmental alarmists keep shrieking. BTW, what is 'peak oil'?

Watch the documentart on the General Motors electric car called the EV 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_EV1

http://ev1-club.power.net/

A great documentary called 'Who killed the Electric Car' shows that there was a huge demand for the car, but GM did not want to build anymore. The simple fact that none of these cars were ever 'SOLD" jst leased to the person can tell a lot about what GM had intended for the car.

http://www.sonyclassics.com/whokilledtheelectriccar/

If GM had done it right, this car would be the most popular electric vehicle on the road.

Watch the documentart on the General Motors electric car called the EV 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_EV1

http://ev1-club.power.net/

A great documentary called 'Who killed the Electric Car' shows that there was a huge demand for the car, but GM did not want to build anymore. The simple fact that none of these cars were ever 'SOLD" jst leased to the person can tell a lot about what GM had intended for the car.

http://www.sonyclassics.com/whokilledtheelectriccar/

If GM had done it right, this car would be the most popular electric vehicle on the road.

Isn't the majority of electricity in North America generated thru the burning of fossil fuels?

The show called for a closed mind prior to watching it. Hardly impartial with a name like "The Real Story, Global Warming." Classic Beck rhetoric.

Bullshit. He said it would NOT be the same side you've heard EVERYWHERE ELSE.

The show poked alot of holes in Al Gore's science fiction movie. And was decidely more humorous in the process.

The show called for a closed mind prior to watching it. Hardly impartial with a name like "The Real Story, Global Warming." Classic Beck rhetoric.

Bullshit. He said it would NOT be the same side you've heard EVERYWHERE ELSE.

The show poked alot of holes in Al Gore's science fiction movie. And was decidely more humorous in the process.

Ooh, such language. I'm sorry to say there was nothing new in Beck's world of make believe. Just more global warming deniers with little to no substance. But then again, you're entitled to believe whatever fantasy you want.

Newbie, are you saying you watched every minute of the show? That's what you infer in one of your statements. At any rate, attah boy! I can't even make the same claim about it. Unfortunately you seem to have misunderstood the key parts where respected scientists with point by point descriptions of where the Global Warming Alarmists are wrong.

Newbie, are you saying you watched every minute of the show? That's what you infer in one of your statements. At any rate, attah boy! I can't even make the same claim about it. Unfortunately you seem to have misunderstood the key parts where respected scientists with point by point descriptions of where the Global Warming Alarmists are wrong.

Oh I watched it alright. And a ton of global warming scientists can refute each and every point. It is in them and common sense where I hold my beliefs. But like I said, believe what you will.

We do need to cut down on our pollution,

Why?

but the end of the world isn't nigh like environmental alarmists keep shrieking. BTW, what is 'peak oil'?

Peak oil is a theory that the amount of oil we have left on earth is limited and that we have reached a "peak" (apparently some say it was reached in the 70's)... the easy access (e.g. Iraq) oil is running out but there is lots left (only it is more costly to get).

Yes, the earth's climate is changing. There is nothing that we can do about it as it is a naturally occuring cycle.

Rather than running around screaming that we all need to park our cars and live in the dark (or that NOTHING is happening) -- we ought to be preparing for the change -- anticipating what changes will occur and how we can adapt to them.

The only reason I see for the interest in the electric car is to end our dependency on the Middle East.