Is the CBC Photoshopping Photos

Would the CBC really be that biased that they would resort to photoshopping images? Say it isn't so.

http://www.stephentaylor.ca/archives/000825.html

CBC Fauxtography

Kate McMillan did some fantastic work yesterday uncovering image manipulation by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation on an April 19th story about the government's sobering Kyoto costing. McMillan discovered that the CBC had cropped and applied a photoshop "dirty" filter to an image of smokestacks in Toronto to accentuate environmental damage. Not only was the juxtaposition of pollution and a story on Kyoto costing inappropriate (a less but still inappropriate image would have been a photoshopped stack of papers stamped "Kyoto" crushing the piggy bank of a Canadian family) but to manipulate an image to reflect a editorial point of view is downright unethical. The image was also used in a news story back on February 14th.

On the blog itself there is a link to the actual picture the CBC used.... and it looks nothing like the "photoshop" picture the blog accuses the CBC of using.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/kyoto/

Perhaps I'd be more convinced if the "altered" picture and its "proof" weren't some scanned copy of what the blog claims the CBC used, but rather a link to the the altered picture actually being used on the CBC website.

On the blog itself there is a link to the actual picture the CBC used.... and it looks nothing like the "photoshop" picture the blog accuses the CBC of using.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/kyoto/

Perhaps I'd be more convinced if the "altered" picture and its "proof" weren't some scanned copy of what the blog claims the CBC used, but rather a link to the the altered picture actually being used on the CBC website.

same picture,cropped to the right top corner,above the words and right of the smoke stacks. Which by the way are no longer in existance .....if you had read the whole thing you would have found out,which you obvoiusly didn't take the time to do.

Demolished In Mississauga Monday June 12, 2006

Interesting stuff. So the CBC used a photo of a plant that no longer exists to further the global warming effort. That boggles my mind. For someone like me who is not that familiar with the area and to have this pointed out to me makes me angry.

This is deliberate misleading and misrepresentation of the the whole thing. Nevermind the photoshop, the fact that a pic (even cropped) that shows a plant no longer in existance shows they are disingenuous in their efforts.

Everyone knows that Windsor is much more polluted than Toronto. Windsor has very few factories with smoke stacks, most of the pollution is carried by the wind across the Detroit River from Michigan.

Oh, I"m sorry....we're not actually concerned with toxic pollution...we're more concerned about carbon dioxide which traps heat. :rolleyes:

Good find, I hope the CBC gets badly embarrassed by this. Trying to manipulate a certain response from viewers instead of letting the viewer decide is dirty journalism.
I always applaud your views. I've taken action vis a vis the CBC. With another poster here, I caused the shutdown of the old CBC boards, www.cbc.ca/forums, by sourcing a National Post article that ran March 10, 2004. The fallout from that article killed the board on April 3, 2004.

Good find, I hope the CBC gets badly embarrassed by this. Trying to manipulate a certain response from viewers instead of letting the viewer decide is dirty journalism.

I always applaud your views. I've taken action vis a vis the CBC. With another poster here, I caused the shutdown of the old CBC boards, www.cbc.ca/forums, by sourcing a National Post article that ran March 10, 2004. The fallout from that article killed the board on April 3, 2004.

The CBC is a Marxist propaganda machine with its nose so far up the UN's butt it could see Al Gores feet.

Could it be that it's totally, completely irrelevant?

Why would somebody take the time with something they view as totally, completely irrelevant?

Inflated ego?

Deep inner loathing?

They believe all taxpayers should subsidized a station with a political viewpoint that is tailored to a minority of Canadians?

Hmmmm, I'm going to go with all of the above. :lol:

Interesting stuff. So the CBC used a photo of a plant that no longer exists to further the global warming effort. That boggles my mind. For someone like me who is not that familiar with the area and to have this pointed out to me makes me angry.

This is deliberate misleading and misrepresentation of the the whole thing. Nevermind the photoshop, the fact that a pic (even cropped) that shows a plant no longer in existance shows they are disingenuous in their efforts.

As is most things the CBC produces. Even I, who was a long time liberal supporter, never watches CBC except for the hockey play offs.

That's odd, no CBC fans defending their actions, could it be that this is too much for even them?

Maybe they are all watching the Hour with George Strombopoopadopolis. :lol:

Ah George! Another fine example of someone being hired because they are either gay, related to the boss in editing, or a fine supporter of the Liberals through media mis representation. With George its difficult to tell which category he fits in....But I have noticed he never has conservatives on, but he knows how to slag them on camera mighty fine.

Could it be that it's totally, completely irrelevant?

Would you please clear this up for me. Is it the CBC that is irrelevent, or is it the fact the CBC once again pissed all over the truth and left it out there for those not knowledgable in areas of media BS to sort out? And yes, the CBC is irrelevent. Always has been, always will be. I think its a great way for the Liberals to continue lying to people, and that's about it!

Speaking of a documentary on Global Warming, get "The Great Global Warming Swindle". This is a documentary that is light years ahead of Al Gore's production. In this documentary they use something that is absent in Gore's documentary, they are called "Scientists". I found that is laid out a better case than Gore's. I suggest you see it if you haven't already.

http://tinyurl.com/3cac7w