Global warming trek

B. Max

fixed

Stupid. Tell me, will it be colder in January or July?

The point of the article was that THEY did not expect it to be so cold.

"Then there was the cold — quite a bit colder, Atwood said, then Bancroft and Arnesen had expected. One night they measured the temperature inside their tent at 58 degrees below zero, and outside temperatures were exceeding 100 below zero at times, Atwood said."

I then posted those links showing that Alaska and northern canada is colder than usual for this time of year.

Admit it that you missed it.

He he.....

Seems you folks never read the last line in the article:

"...But one of the things we see with global warming is unpredictability"

Global warming is responsible for everything these days If it rains that's global warming, if it doesn't that's global warming. It's been credited with everything except blowing up the football at NFL games. The people in this story are lucky they weren't killed.

On some other global climate thread someone mentioned the pollution in (and above) Mexico City.

One cannot dismiss the fact that this pollution (added to the thousands of other cities across the earth) does not have an impact.

The atmosphere is not a purifier that strains out all of our man-made pollutants.

I am not saying that the earth is going to shrivel up in the next 10 years -- I am saying that you cannot deny that humans are impacting the atmosphere.

Yes, the global climate is changing naturally, but it is also being heavily impacted by us.

The atmosphere is finite. It does not go on forever and ever and is not able to absorb pollution infinitely.

How about this Newbie?

But one of the things we see with global cooling is unpredictability.

I read that last line and it is stupid.

Another dumb last line.

So discounting it as stupid is your response? Then I suppose I could discount the entire article as irrelevant.

How about this Newbie?

But one of the things we see with global cooling is unpredictability.

I read that last line and it is stupid.

Another dumb last line.

So discounting it as stupid is your response? Then I suppose I could discount the entire article as irrelevant.

Did you imply that global cooling climate is NOT unpredictable?

You missed it.

The atmosphere is not a purifier that strains out all of our man-made pollutants.

Correct. however the trees and plantlife out there, and even the oceans purify the air. More deforestation and more pollution can have an impact on our environment. Urban sprawl takes up valueble natural land to build us nice cozy polluting houses. (pollution in forms of garbage, other environmental hazards from the car in yourn driveway ect)

Overall I don't buy into the global warming thing. But I will say pollution is making us sick and that is what really needs to be adressed here.

So what they really mean to say is that they need to control pollution (akak your governmental friendly term 'greenhouse gases' which sounds soo much nicer).

There seems to be little doubt that climate change is real,

i mean on a earth wide scale it is hard to believe that climate is static,

we wouldn't need weather forecasts if it were not.

The belief that humans have an impact on climate,to me at least

is arrogant despite what Gorsuki tells us.

There seems to be little doubt that climate change is real,

i mean on a earth wide scale it is hard to believe that climate is static,

we wouldn't need weather forecasts if it were not.

The belief that humans have an impact on climate,to me at least

is arrogant despite what Gorsuki tells us.

hardly arrogant in light of the history of earth's climates and climate changes -- autotrophs were very simple ocean organisms who mostly killed themselves off and forever changed the climate of earth with a bi-product of their feeding - the byproduct was oxygen - one can safely assume that these creatures, guilty of destroying their own species, were likely even dumber than a modern right wing capitalist

hardly arrogant in light of the history of earth's climates and climate changes -- autotrophs were very simple ocean organisms who mostly killed themselves off and forever changed the climate of earth with a bi-product of their feeding - the byproduct was oxygen - one can safely assume that these creatures, guilty of destroying their own species, were likely even dumber than a modern right wing capitalist

I don't think they died out.

http://english.pravda.ru/science/19/94/377..._autotroph.html

I don't think they died out.

http://english.pravda.ru/science/19/94/377..._autotroph.html

your source is the best I've seen from a right winger - congrats

Umm... just to let you guys know, a tree is an autotroph. There is plenty of them around.

but not the ones that occupied a carbon dioxide filled oceans and first began producing oxygen, which had been quite rare - these were the first autotrophs nor did I say they died out entirely --- there is quite a genetic distance between them and modern autotrophs. A group which includes all chlorophyll producing life forms.