Globe & Mail on Kyoto

Finally - a balanced view on Kyoto. I have a newfound respect for the Globe & Mail seeing as this article comes from their Editorial section. If we can get the CBC and CTV to actually follow up on this story, perhaps we'll finally get somewhere on Climate Change, instead of all the yapping and politicking.

From Saturday's Globe and Mail

February 3, 2007

Global warming is a reality. Canada must join the global effort to curb greenhouse gases. But it has to be smart in the way it does so, and Stéphane Dion is advocating an exercise in futility.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...ialComment/home

Edited by Greg

This forum has rules about pasting entire copyrighted articles into posts. I have reported this to the forum administrator.

Perhaps you have a point but I understand that this was also in the print version of the Globe - that puts the article in the Public Domain. I picked it up from another board and thought it was important enough to share.....I forgot that the Globe and Mail is the one paper that charges for access to its online articles. If it has to be removed, so be it. That said, it was wonderful to see some rational thought.

Here is the best part of the article.

So why are all three opposition parties supporting Mr. Dion's House of Commons resolution calling on the federal Conservative government to meet those targets and to impose hard caps on industrial polluters? Although the resolution is non-binding, the Liberals are also pushing through legislation calling for the implementation of the accord; the bill will be put to a final vote in two weeks. Either Mr. Dion is naive or, more likely, he has disingenuously placed politics ahead of common sense. What can he be thinking?

I believe it is a little disingenuity and a little naivete.

• Forum Admin
Perhaps you have a point but I understand that this was also in the print version of the Globe - that puts the article in the Public Domain.

Nope, you're wrong. Just because the Globe provides the article free of charge doesn't give you right to copy and paste it into a forum. For more information on Fair Dealing in Canada, please read:

http://www.robic.ca/publications/Pdf/032E-LC.pdf

Perhaps you have a point but I understand that this was also in the print version of the Globe - that puts the article in the Public Domain.

Nope, you're wrong. Just because the Globe provides the article free of charge doesn't give you right to copy and paste it into a forum. For more information on Fair Dealing in Canada, please read:

http://www.robic.ca/publications/Pdf/032E-LC.pdf

The article is pretty vague as it relates to the post but of course I will honour your wishes with my apology....didn't intend to break any rules.