Where do you get your facts?

Saturn

I get three newspapers from three different ownership groups. I generally watch Global news for local, BBC for international, ABC News for American TV and CBC TV for the National. I watch a few of the Sunday morning political shows. I read the Economist when I can and Maclean's from time to time. I have discussion with people I know, most of whom are NDP or Conservative.

I have a general question for the members here: Where do you get your facts? Is it from the media, forums and blogs, friends and relatives, or do you just make them up as you go? I don't mean to sound disrespectful or condescending, I'm just genuinely curious about your sources.

I Google them.

I have a general question for the members here: Where do you get your facts? Is it from the media, forums and blogs, friends and relatives, or do you just make them up as you go? I don't mean to sound disrespectful or condescending, I'm just genuinely curious about your sources.

Good question and good topic. All of the above.

I have the New York Times, New York Sun and Journal News (Westchester) delivered, and receive the Wall Street Journal, National Post and Commentary Magazine online.

JBG:I have the New York Times, New York Sun and Journal News (Westchester) delivered, and receive the Wall Street Journal, National Post and Commentary Magazine online.

No wonder you have no idea about what is going on. Those are all bought & paid for - David Rockefeller admits it.

I read about economics & monetary history as well as alternative current economic theories. I listen to Alex Jones, Wester Tarpley, and various ex high ranking government officials from the Reagan adminstration who do blogs & essays, etc. There are some military analysts that are on Rense radio and I listen to them as well as some members of www.RBN.com

I read the paper at lunch as watch CNN just to see what they want us to believe. I sometimes read the NY Times. Of course mainstream news is all propoganda and has a very small resemblance to the truth in economic & war matters.

Good question and good topice. All of the above.

I have the New York Times, New York Sun and Journal News (Westchester) delivered, and receive the Wall Street Journal, National Post and Commentary Magazine online.

I didn't know you could get the National Post delivered in the States.

I get the Toronto Star (I'm a masochist) and the Toronto Sun. Once in a while I'll pick up the National Post. The Sun's a crappy little paper but they have some good columnists and although they tend to lean right, I find they can be pretty balanced. I try to watch Don Newman at 5:00 when I can. I used to watch Mike Duffy but can't stand his fill-in (I forget her name). I also check the internet news headlines on yahoo.ca. If I miss anything of substance, it usually pops up on a BLOG. As with all news, no matter what the source, you have to filter out any partisanship and if something really gets you going, it's best to do a bit of research to put it all in context.

Suprisingly, I watch Colbert! It's the source of much of my American news unfortunately. But since it's balanced against my worldview, it works out ok.

In Canada, I have the Calgary Herald and the Globe and Mail delivered and I read the National Post online. I watch the 6:00 news on GlobalTV and sometimes the National.

"...and receive the Wall Street Journal, National Post and Commentary Magazine online." A computer is a computer is a computer, no matter where it is.

"...and receive the Wall Street Journal, National Post and Commentary Magazine online." A computer is a computer is a computer, no matter where it is.

Smart thinking...I am still the guy who actually goes to the corner store and buys a paper.

Smart thinking...I am still the guy who actually goes to the corner store and buys a paper.

I had to drive abouit 10 Trudeau Units to find a store with a copy of the New York Times the day Richard Nixon's resignation was covered, I believe, August 8, 1974.

I read about economics & monetary history as well as alternative current economic theories. I listen to Alex Jones, Wester Tarpley, and various ex high ranking government officials from the Reagan adminstration who do blogs & essays, etc. There are some military analysts that are on Rense radio and I listen to them as well as some members of www.RBN.com

I read the paper at lunch as watch CNN just to see what they want us to believe. I sometimes read the NY Times. Of course mainstream news is all propoganda and has a very small resemblance to the truth in economic & war matters.

f%$king Ted Turner...

Where do I get my news and info? It depends, I suppose. I like to loook at two or more sources for international news, usually a local source in Calgary and a local source from where the story comes from. For example, if reading a story in the Calgary Sun or Herald (or even the BBC or CBC)about Israel/Palestine, I will also try to read about the same event on

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/

for their perspective. In the ME I will also try to read

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/55A...6BBE2A36665.htm

or,

http://www.iraqdaily.com/

and sometimes

http://www.globalsecurity.org/

I will also glance at

http://www.csmonitor.com/

for in-depth coverage/op-ed stuff.

Whenever possible, I will buy books closest to 'the horse's mouth', such as "The 911 Commission Report", "Disarming Iraq" (by Hans Blix), etc, but I never take any 1 source as gospel.

I try to never read 'bloggers'. I have seen far too many blatant lies from of them, left or right, to give them any credibility, and almost all of their 'information' can be found elsewhere.

Many of my friends, family and my clientele have travelled (and lived) the world over, some to every continent (including Antarctica) and are often a very interesting source of info. First-hand experience is often closest to the truth.

I watch CTV news, BBC world news and Fox News, CNN, and read newpapers on line. I actually got the NP when I was in Hawaii, a day late but who cares. I also go to forums and read their news, sometimes they post good links to news articles from around the world. Stuff the CBC would never report on.

C-Span, and Cpac are both reliable and fair.

MSNBC is ok too, but I prefer the newspaper as well.

Still though, it seems like the newspaper will soon be scripted as well.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6061601842.html

If you look into the history of the people responsible for this, you will find that they are bad, bad, bad.

MSNBC is ok too

Surely you jest. MSNBC is owned by General Electric, a massive media conglomerate, military industrial contractor, and financial house. General Electric is 3 different conspiracies all rolled into one! Shouldn't their little puppets, like NBC and MSNBC, be the last people you trust?

:ph34r:

-k

lol ok

I only actually watch Olberman.

So I guess I shouldn't credit the whole network, as I tend to trust Lou Dobbs as well, and I would so not credit CNN.

Did you know that Lou Dobbs and Cafferty are the only reporters on CNN who have journalistic freedom?

They both have year to year contracts, I guess in case either of them get out of control or something.

Anyways, both of them refused to work for CNN unless they were given journalistic freedom.

I like that.