Flags Over Westchester County, New York, USA

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

3.gif

The eternal problem of being relevant.

Hilarious. And quite relevant.

BTW, kudos to anyone who takes their own personal time to go out and maintain any sort of landmark, no matter the size or *ahem* relevance.

And that's why I opened this thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
jbq, I think it is a wonderful story and a patriot such as the gentleman who was changing the flags should be thanked; it shows that you both care.
That's what I was trying to convey.

jbq, I think it is a wonderful story and a patriot such as the gentleman who was changing the flags should be thanked; it shows that you both care.

That's what I was trying to convey.

Obviously, only some of us understood that. The patriotism of the American people is admirable and envied by some.

• 4 months later...
No shortage of Mapleleaf flags in my neck of the woods...they appear far south of International Falls. They are on automobiles, inside bars/restaurants, outside businesses, and in sports arenas.
Interesting. I didn't notice particularly many inside Canada, either in Niagara Falls, or in my most recent visits to Montreal or Quebec City.

Guest American Woman
Interesting. I didn't notice particularly many inside Canada, either in Niagara Falls, or in my most recent visits to Montreal or Quebec City.

Canada isn't a nation of flag-flyers like the U.S. is.* I fly both the American and Canadian flags (when the American flag isn't at half mast) and have both stickers on my car.

*Being an American, I love my flag. B)

Canada isn't a nation of flag-flyers like the U.S. is.* I fly both the American and Canadian flags (when the American flag isn't at half mast) and have both stickers on my car.

*Being an American, I love my flag. B)

Lots of people where I live fly the flag. Alot of my neighbours do. I just don't have a flag pole, and the idea of getting one is one thing. It takes me years to stir into action.

Of course not.....that would be too.....ummm...American.
Do school students "pledge allegiance to the flag" in the morning? In the US, school students, every morning (at least in New York) say:
I pledge allegiance, to the flag,

Of the United States of America,

And to this republic for which it stands,

One nation, under G-d, indivisible (hard for a Quebecker to say)

With liberty and justice for all.

Do school students "pledge allegiance to the flag" in the morning? In the US, school students, every morning (at least in New York) say:

There is no official pledge, but when I was in elementary we all used to stand and sing the anthem, and then there was something we would say after. Sort of like a pledge. And then we all said the Lord's Prayer, though we were not supposed to.

• 3 months later...

Recently, I've noticed flags over other overpasses in Fairfield County, Connecticut and Nassau County, New York. I wonder if the people placing those received millions from the government and to return some of that to the governing political party, or if it was done for love of country?

• 8 months later...
yikes. you must have interesting family meals.

:)

Some spotted dick with chips maybe, some beer, and saurkraut and bratwursts. My Oma (rip) was born Polish. She cooked the german-esque foods quite often. I always loved the food she made. My Grandma is more of less of a baker. It would work the other way around, Grandma would cook dinner, and Oma would make the desserts. Those two made a great team in the kitchen.

I never really ever said that I did not care for my Grandma's turkey stuffing. I ate it anyways. :)