What is your favorite thing about George w. Bush

Beating around the Bush  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

History will be kinder to GW Bush.

He's a genius.

I remember everyone used to boohoo about the cowboy "un nuanced" policies of Ronald Reagan.

All he did was topple the soviets and free western europe.

Vive la Reagan and Bush!!!

Did you have your hand held straight out from the should when you typed that?

Hiel Bush!

Has anyone noticed that Figleaf makes a thread, then M.Dancer replies right after in numerous cases? I think we might be dealing with two faces of the same guy.

I'm not sure but I suspect no one gives a bucket of turds about what you think.

History will be kinder to GW Bush.

He's a genius.

I remember everyone used to boohoo about the cowboy "un nuanced" policies of Ronald Reagan.

All he did was topple the soviets and free western europe.

Vive la Reagan and Bush!!!

I disagree. He will and ought to go down as one of the worst presidents in history. Worst attack on US soil occurred under his leadership (not that it was his fault), failed to bring justice by capturing the man responsible, destroyed US credibility around the world, disrespected the constitution in the name of national security while not really providing any security, some of the worst public opinion polls in history and my personal favorite --->the gigantic deficit

Everyone gets so hung up on his failure in the international arena that they forget what this guy did to the deficit. It takes real skill to pile up that much debt. I wonder if always having daddy's plastic to pay his way has any impact on his use of the public purse. The one good thing about conservatives is they are usually fiscally conservative. Without that what good are they? :P

Bush has been much more savvy than his left wing critics expected. He has managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat time and time again at the voting booth, one thing such people are judged on. He's been much better than Clinton at that, having the senate and House majorities for much of his two terms.

It's hard to compare apples to apples with his presidency since the 9/11 attack put him in unchartered waters. But he acted, and did so with authority, something the likes of Gore or Kerry could not have done.

But he acted, and did so with authority, something the likes of Gore or Kerry could not have done.

It's pure conjecture what Gore or Kerry might have done. What we do know is that what Bush did do has been destructive and ineffective.

That's why it's uncharted waters :lol: The part of the quote you left out for crying out loud!

So, if he is an idiot, what would the other guys have done? Attack Afganistan and then spendc umpteen billion tearing western Pakestan apart, torturing villagers for information and then kiling them forprotecting their brother Osama and then, topple Musharif (an ally) because of the protests over the actions of the US within their borders and make a power vacum for Jihadists to pour into in greater numbers than Iraq while leaving Saddam in charge of Iraq and Saudi Arabis no option but to pay for the same Jihadists? All to get one guy huh?

Pure conjecture. Yes. Just as it is pure conjecture to ever ex[pect an anti Bush person to tell us what action they would have taken to make it correct (in hindsight even) from the start. I've never heard or read a viable action yet. Just complaints.