Canadians insult America (again)

The fact is many Canadians are dumber than a sack of hammer heads when it comes to the realities of the world.
Compared to who? Americans who believe the earth magically appeared out of nothing 6000 years ago? Or perhaps compared to the 50% of Americans who still believe that Saddam was linked to 9/11 or that WMDs were found in Iraq?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact is many Canadians are dumber than a sack of hammer heads when it comes to the realities of the world.
Compared to who? Americans who believe the earth magically appeared out of nothing 6000 years ago? Or perhaps compared to the 50% of Americans who still believe that Saddam was linked to 9/11 or that WMDs were found in Iraq?

Compared to who ever you want. How about the evolutionists who believe life magically appeared out of nothing.

I doubt if our troops would interested to find out that horseshit can be piled that high.

Is that because you think they're too dumb?

Compared to who ever you want. How about the evolutionists who believe life magically appeared out of nothing.

Actually, that's pretty much the definition of creationism. Evolution is a wee bit more complex than that. But we digress.

I doubt if our troops would interested to find out that horseshit can be piled that high.

Is that because you think they're too dumb?

Actually, that's pretty much the definition of creationism. Evolution is a wee bit more complex than that. But we digress.

No it's not, we disagree.

On pretty much everything. But really: what is creationism, then?

Basically, it's the belief that God created the universe and everything in it: all matter and life, right? Well, what did he make it out of? According to the Bible, He simply willed the universe into being. In other words he made it appear out of nothing.

But how did he do it? Now, the laws of physics dictate that the total number of atoms in the universe remains constant. If one belives the creation jive, God must not be bound by natural laws, which makes Him a supernatural entity with supernatural powers. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty comfortable referring to supernatural powers as magic.

So, to wrap it up, creationism is the belief that life magically appeared out of nothing.

On pretty much everything. But really: what is creationism, then?

Basically, it's the belief that God created the universe and everything in it: all matter and life, right? Well, what did he make it out of? According to the Bible, He simply willed the universe into being. In other words he made it appear out of nothing.

But how did he do it? Now, the laws of physics dictate that the total number of atoms in the universe remains constant. If one belives the creation jive, God must not be bound by natural laws, which makes Him a supernatural entity with supernatural powers. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty comfortable referring to supernatural powers as magic.

So, to wrap it up, creationism is the belief that life magically appeared out of nothing.

Just a Canadian supreme. You read things in that aren't there. The fact is we don't know exactly how creation was achieved.

Another reason why many Americans are starting to really dislike Canadians, add this one to the ever-growing list of insults.

New poll says most Canadians blame U.S. for 9/11 attacks

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/07092006/3/cana...lame-u-s-9.html

I'm an American. I do not feel that way about Canada at all. They just elected the CPC; give them a break.

American... please share your thoughts on this with us.

The percentage of Americans who blame the Bush administration for the September 11, 2001, attacks on New York and Washington has risen from almost a third to almost half over the past four years, a CNN poll released Monday found.

Link to Article

Here is the point. When 9-11 happened, Canada was there for the Americans who had to land in Canada and we stood by the Americans in a vigil and many Canadians went to New York City to show their support on buses and to this day all Canadians share the sorrow and I would remind you Canadians died in 9-11.

There are a portion of Canadians LIKE Americans who believe US foreign policy incites Muslims into committing acts of terror. People with these beliefs whether they be Canadian or American, should not and can not simply be lumped in a category as being anti-American.

It is absolute arrogance and hipporcracy to simply lump people in an anti-American category because they disagree with a certain kind of approach to foreign policy.

George Bush does not have a monopoly on the truth or what is good for America and people whether they are Canadians or Americans have a right to question and criticize anything.

I myself make a strong arguement that there can never be an excuse for any kind of terrorism and that it

is simplistic to point the finger at American ignorance and say that is what causes terrorism.

Yes America's lack of awareness of how other cultures live, and America's tendency to think they are better then anyone else and simply walk into these countries and expect themselves to be welcomed incites

a back-lash of hatred against them. Many Americans know their ugly Americanism is a turn off.

That said however, it is not an excuse for terrorism. Terrorists in the Middle East and elsewhere use America or Israel as a pretense and excuse. We need not make apologies for them nor should we ever be so naive as to think they are going away. And everyone of us who enjoys are lifestyle has to be willingt o give it up, before we condemn the US military or Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan.

Whether we like it or not the US military and Canadian military are fighting overseas because they are

defending our lifestyle.

So you can see I am typical of many Canadians. I do criticize our naive beliefs that we can simply march into countries and impose democracy and I most certainly do think our presence on foreign soil contributes to a back-lash and acts that may fuel future terrorism but I am not anti-American or anti-Canadian. I am just a realist.

So hold off on your labels and stereotypes. Some of us criticize US foreign policy but at the same time

make no bones about our support for America.

Me thinks you should develop some thicker skin. You are souding like some sort of over-pumped patriot and there is a fine line between an over-pumped patriot and an intolerant facist.

I dont think that necessarily because canadian and US soldiers are fighting the 'alleged' war on terror it is to simply protect our 'life style'. Rather, it is to MAINTAIN our lifestyle as 'leading'core countries into the future when resources get scarce due to growing demand. More so however, it is to broaden and strengthen the core countries ability through military might to shape these peripheral countries for their use, but far more so in and for the upper echelons of core societies as opposed to a concern with the core countries masses -us (other than to maintain contentment).

I dont think that necessarily because canadian and US soldiers are fighting the 'alleged' war on terror it is to simply protect our 'life style'. Rather, it is to MAINTAIN our lifestyle as 'leading'core countries into the future when resources get scarce due to growing demand. More so however, it is to broaden and strengthen the core countries ability through military might to shape these peripheral countries for their use, but far more so in and for the upper echelons of core societies as opposed to a concern with the core countries masses -us (other than to maintain contentment).

Exactly what "scarce resource" did Afghanistan have that we need to "maintain our lifestyle"?

It's nothing but the new anti semitism.

When Chaim Weitzman, the founder of the modern state of Israel (and the guy who talked the British into the Balfour Declaration) went to the UN in 1948 for the all important vote that brought Israel into existence, he used two tactics - one was to bring a million dollars to pay bribes, the other was to go around saying that anybody who voted against the proposal did so because they were anti-semites who hated Jews.

There is nothing new about this line of twaddle. And nobody believes it anymore. Wolf! Wolf!

I watched in horror as the second plane hit the tower. I will never be able to erase that from my head, nor will I ever forget shortly after watching those mighty towers collapse. It was with pride and good will that I heard of the thousands of American planes landing in Canada and of their welcome by our people.

Several days later I sat down with my 14 year old granddaughter to listen to Mr. Bush's speech of thanks to the world. When it was over I will also never forget the shock of my grandchild. "He never thanked Canada"

Now 5 years later Ms. Rice comes up to finally thank the people who cared for their citizens. 5 years later and you talk of insults.

Now 5 years later Ms. Rice comes up to finally thank the people who cared for their citizens. 5 years later and you talk of insults.

She was pretty eloquent, but from her speech (link) you can see it's a two way street:

Remarks at 9/11 Commemoration Ceremony With Citizens of Halifax

Secretary Condoleezza Rice

Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, Halifax NS, Canada

September 11, 2006

SECRETARY RICE: Thank you very much. Thank you, Peter, Foreign Minister MacKay, for your friendship and for your leadership. Thank you for this opportunity to join you here in the Halifax Regional Municipality. Minister, Your Honor, Premier, Your Worship. I'd like to thank especially the Lieutenant Governor with whom I've just met. I understand she's been on the job a full four or five days. Congratulations. Local leaders, distinguished citizens. I'd like to thank Lucas for that fine rendition of the Mendelssohn. It's beautiful, Lucas. Thank you for honoring me with that.

Even among the best allies, Canada and the United States enjoy a unique bond, a bond founded on a shared border, strengthened by shared interests, elevated by shared principles and enshrined in the millions of friendships and memories that are shared between our people.

The character of our alliance is evident in times of peace and good fortune. But in those darker times, when tragedy summons us to support one another, to comfort one another and to heal one another, that is when we see the true strength of the bond of friendship that we enjoy.

There have been times when you needed us, like in December of 1917 when the horrific explosion devastated Halifax and claimed thousands of lives. I've just seen the exhibit of that disaster here in this wonderful museum and it's incredibly moving because you see the artifacts; and though the artifacts cannot speak themselves, they speak volumes about the lives lost, the memories, the history and the futures snuffed out all too early.

I imagine that it was a similar sense of compassion that moved Americans from Massachusetts to fill a train with food and medicine and relief aid and set out for Nova Scotia in the middle of winter.

And there have been times in the past when my nation has needed you. You've never let us down. You came to our aid last summer when Hurricane Katrina devastated America's Gulf Coast. You helped to feed our hungry, to care for our wounded, to save the lives of many, many Americans.

And of course five years ago, five years ago today, you came to our aid when a calm fall morning was shattered by terror and by evil. It is to the honor of the victims of that day and also to celebrate your merciful role in those events that I've come here to Halifax this afternoon.

The attacks of September 11th were the worst assault on the American homeland in our entire history. And they were more than that. They were an attack on the very ideals of peace and justice, of liberty and equality, of openness and caring, that civilized nations like ours strive so mightily to uphold and to protect.

Among the innocent victims of September 11th there were hundreds of citizens from over 90 nations. Canada lost many of its own sons and daughters that day, and two of whom were beloved by individuals are joining us here today.

It is often the darkest of times though that summons the better angels of our nature. It is often in those times that we see the good side of the human spirit. And this was certainly true on September 11th, especially among the people of Canada. On that morning, hundreds of planes bound for the United States were ordered to land immediately in the nearest county -- the nearest country. For more than 33,000 people aboard 224 flights, that country was Canada.

When these travelers arrived here in Halifax, or in Gander, or Moncton or Vancouver, most were weary and confused and scared. In fact many, shut off from the news, didn't know where they were or why there were there. And then they learned of the attacks.

All across this country, you and your fellow Canadians greeted your guests with warm hands and comforting words and clean clothes. You opened your churches, your community centers, your own homes, to offer a bed or a blanket, a warm place to stay no matter how long. You took to your kitchens to prepare meals for thousands of hungry people and you gave everyone a chance to call their loved ones and tell them not to worry, to tell their loved ones, "I'm safe, I'm well. I'm in Canada."

Here in Halifax that morning, local radio stations begged people to call the Red Cross and volunteer their homes. Within hours, those same stations were begging people not to call anymore. The outpouring of support was just so overwhelming. One Haligonian called and left a message anyway, saying simply, "I only have one bed, but I can sleep on the sofa."

Five years ago, thousands of Canadians, including many of you here today whose stories we've heard, lifted up my countrymen and lifted up my country with countless acts of unmatched compassion. So today, on the fifth anniversary of the September 11th attacks, I bring this message to the men and women of Halifax and to every citizen of this great nation:

On behalf of President Bush and on behalf of the American people, thank you. Thank you for your generosity. Thank you for your sacrifice. Thank you for your compassion, for your skill, for your professionalism, for your caring. And thank you for your friendship.

It is because of you that we remember September 11 not just as a time of evil and terror, but also as a time when hope triumphed over hatred, a time when our faith in human goodness was restored and reaffirmed, and a time to once again sing your praises, our friend, our neighbor, Canada -- true north, strong and free.

Thank you. (Applause.)

The attacks of September 11th were the worst assault on the American homeland in our entire history.

Jeez. Have we forgotten the Alamo already?

Well I just have been watching the War of 1812. I wonder how Americans explain that one. I believe there has only been one elected Canadian politician assassinated in Canada and that by Americans. Remember Darcy McGee.

I watched in horror as the second plane hit the tower. I will never be able to erase that from my head, nor will I ever forget shortly after watching those mighty towers collapse. It was with pride and good will that I heard of the thousands of American planes landing in Canada and of their welcome by our people.

Several days later I sat down with my 14 year old granddaughter to listen to Mr. Bush's speech of thanks to the world. When it was over I will also never forget the shock of my grandchild. "He never thanked Canada"

I guess when Pres Bush went to Canada and thanked the Canadian gvt and its people in 2004 that was nothing?

"Bush thanks Canadians for post-9/11 help"

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/12/01/bush.canada/

Exactly what "scarce resource" did Afghanistan have that we need to "maintain our lifestyle"?

I never said that per se. What i said was that IT is the ticket to give liscence to North American and Western domination. In fact it is possible to see a huge profit arising from this (yes Sept 11th) in less than 15 years time. Lets start the count down and see! No harm in a little bit of homework. I hope that i am wrong.

Well I just have been watching the War of 1812. I wonder how Americans explain that one. I believe there has only been one elected Canadian politician assassinated in Canada and that by Americans. Remember Darcy McGee.

Margrace, you know full well it was a continuation of what we call the Revolutionary War and the Brits call the Rebellion. That explanation places the blame equally on both sides. I know you hate America, but the start of that war was hardly a one-sided affair, unless you get all your information from the Arrogant Worms' excellent song The War of 1812 (link to lyrics).

oo come back proud canadians

before you had tv

no hockey night in canada

there was no cbc

in 1812 madison was mad

he was the president, you know

but he thought he tell the british where they ought to go

he thougth he'd invade canada

he thought that he was tough

instead he went to washington

and burned down all his stuff

and the whitehouse burned burned burned

and we're the ones that did it

it burned burned burned

while the president ran and cried

it burned burned burned

and things were very historical

and the americans ran and cried like a bunch of little babies

wa wa waaaa

in the war of 1812

now hillbillies from kentucky

dressed in green and red

left home to fight in canada

but they returned home dead

its only war the yankees lost

except for vietnam

and also the alamo

and the bay of... ham

the loser was america

the winner was ourselves

so join right in and gloat about

the war of 1812

it burned burned burned

while the president ran and cried

it burned burned burned

and things were very historical

wa wa waaaa

in the war of 1812

in 1812 we were just sittin' around

mindin' our own business

puttin' crops into the ground

we heard the soldiers coming

and we didnt like that sound

so we took a boat to washington

and burned it to the ground

oh, oh...

we burned our guns

but the yankees kept on coming

there wasn't quite as many

as there was a while ago

we fired once more

and the yankees started runnin

down the mississippi to the gulf of mexico

they ran through the snow

and they ran through the forest

they ran throught the bushes where the beavers wouldn't go

they ran so fast that they forgot to take their culture

back to america, gulf, and texico

So, if you go to Washington, its buildings clean and nice,

Bring a pack of matches, and we’ll burn the White House twice!

but the americans won't admit it

it burned, burned, burned,

it burned and burned and burned

it burned, burned, burned,

now, i bet that made them mad

waa waa waah!

in the war of 1812!

Took him only 3 years to find Canada....his Yale BA came in handy

Maybe Bush didn't want to be handed a gratuitous insult such as Madame Ducros delivered by calling Bush, over an open mike at an international gathering, a "moron". Maybe it was foreseeable that Chretien lacked the poise and maturity to control his anti-American pandering, whereas Martin was a bit less blatant.

I never said that per se. What i said was that IT is the ticket to give liscence to North American and Western domination. In fact it is possible to see a huge profit arising from this (yes Sept 11th) in less than 15 years time. Lets start the count down and see! No harm in a little bit of homework. I hope that i am wrong.

If a country doesn't control dangers to those outside its borders from activities inside its borders, it may lose its independence. It's that simple.

Another reason why many Americans are starting to really dislike Canadians, add this one to the ever-growing list of insults.

Welp. I'm sure I'm not the first to say this, but you can stuff it.

We're currently taking the most casualties per capita in Afghanistan. We're probably the only ones left who haven't completely turned our backs on you.

You DARE be offended by a simple poll while our blood flows over Afghan soil?

Go see what kind of insulting things your "best friend" the UK has to say about you then come back here and whine about us.

The poll only mirrors what your own citizens say so why not just do yourself a favor, sit back down on your sitting-at-home-not-dodging-bullets fat yank behind and STFU?

Or at least get some bloody perspective.

One more reason we have to view yanks as the “Homer Simpson” of the global neighborhood.

and the Whitehouse burned

One of those myths that will just never die.

1. "Canadians", (a loose term since there was no 'Canada' in 1812), amounted to a small militia that went down as far as Baltimore and Fort McHenry (so we did have some role in their national anthem) and that's it. They went back home and it was rumored they stole a keg of beer along the way.

2. The RAPE of Washington involved almost 5000 British troops and over 100 corvettes. Question: Could we raise 5000 troops and 100 ships even today?

3. The sacking of Washington, the brutal killings and rapes that came from it and the useless vandalism of such a nice building, essentially the attempt to raze Washington was entirely a typical British burn-and-destroy 'tactic' they were known to employ throughout their war with the colonies.

Why a Canadian would gain such pride from such a wanton attack on civilians and meaningless, utterly pointless, and ultimately tactically worthless destruction is something I will never understand, (unless of course it was because of simple ignorance).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_of_Washington