Cindy Sheehan:

Sheehan:Iraqis Get Raped By Our Soldiers Just For Living.

Exposetheleft.com

July 6th, 2006

Excerpt:

At a July 4th Anti-War event, Cindy Sheehan called our troops rapists and war criminals:"We are here to declare independence from war and occupation and oppression. We are standing in solidarity with our brothers and sisters in the American coalition, and Iraqis don’t have enough water to drink, who don’t have enough food to eat, who can get killed when they go to the marketplace to shop for their families, who can get raped by our soldiers just living, whose families can be killed. This war is a war crime and soldiers trying to survive are committing war crimes."

Lt. Col. Oliver North debated one of Sheehan’s anti-war, anti-American friends who didn’t denounce her after co-host Sean Hannity listed all of the things she has said about President Bush, including calling him a “son of a bitch” and the “fuhrer”.

Link

Cindy Sheehan started her Anti-War Crusade saying it's all about the Troops, how she cares for them and wants them home Bullshit! She doesn't care about the Troops when she calls them Rapists and War Criminals because all she cares about is her 15 mins of fame. It sounds like she's using talking points from her new best friend Hugo Chavez..

Sheehan:I'd Rather Live Under Chavez Than Bush.

NewsBusters.org

July 5, 2006

Excerpt:

As James Taranto suggested Monday in his WSJ 'Best of the Web' column, at some point you can question a person's patriotism. Cindy Sheehan surely crossed that Rubicon long ago. But just in case there was any doubt, Sheehan made things perfectly clear this evening, flatly stating that she'd rather live under Venezuelan strongman Hugo Chavez than George Bush.

Sheehan made her comments during a Hardball appearance, during which guest host Norah O'Donnell, sitting in for Chris Matthews, gave her a surprisingly rough ride. At one point, O'Donnell asked: "Why go stand by side by Hugo Chavez in Venezuela? Why do that? Would you rather live under him than George Bush?

Sheehan: "Yes. Hugo Chavez is not a dictator like you introduced him. He's been democratically elected eight times. He is not anti-American, he has helped the poor people of America. He has sent aid to New Orleans, he has sold heating oil to disadvantaged people in America at low cost, and the people of his country love him."

The exchange over Chavez capped a rugged line of questioning to which O'Donnell subjected Sheehan. Other excerpts:

O'Donnell: "Americans may hate the war but they don't necessarily hate the president. How do you expect to get change by going around the world and trashing the President of the United States?"

Sheehan: "I don't hate the president either, and I don't trash the president. I trash the president's foreign policy."

O'Donnell: "But you called him the biggest terrorist in the world, so you are trashing the president."

Sheehan: "Well he says a terrorist is somebody that kills innocent men, women and children."

O'Donnell: "You have just begun a two-month hunger strike. Isn't this really just more of a publicity stunt?"

Norah later observed: "You claim not to be in the fringes, not to be an extremist." She then challenged Sheehan to name members of Congress who support her call for immediate withdrawal from Iraq.

Sheehan claimed bi-partisan support, citing Republican congressmen Ron Paul and Walter Jones, and on the Dem side Charley Rangel and John Conyers.

When Sheehan mentioned John Kerry as an example of senatorial support, O'Donnell shot back: "the bill Sen. Kerry has proposed went down in flames in the Senate."

Link

Cindy Sheehan is a complete flake she's crazy, her son's death isn't even an issue anymore as she has lost touch with reality. I felt sorry for her at first for losing her son in Iraq but now I lost all sympathy for Cindy Sheehan when she started saying the Terrorists in Iraq were Freedom Fighters, Israel should get out of Palestine and you'll stop the Terrorism, President Bush was the World's biggest Terrorist and he killed her son..

Memo

To: Johnny Utah

Re: Cindy Sheehan

Cindy Sheehan is a whack job. The "left" abandoned her more than a year ago.

;)

Apparently she spends quite a bit of time in Australia these days. Tim Blair has had a lot of posts on his blog about her.

I think virtually everyone on this board is in agreement that Cindy lost her marbles quite some time ago.

That being the case, I fail to see why starting more threads on her contributes to "debate" in any way.

A new Sheehan thread always goes something like "She's nuts" "You're right" "She's lost it" etc etc etc. :P

Enough with Cindy already!!!!! :blink:

Cindy Sheehan started her Anti-War Crusade saying it's all about the Troops, how she cares for them and wants them home Bullshit! She doesn't care about the Troops when she calls them Rapists and War Criminals because all she cares about is her 15 mins of fame. It sounds like she's using talking points from her new best friend Hugo Chavez..

Where would she get these perposterous ides?

U.S. soldiers accused of rape, murder

Oh. Right. :unsure:

Oh. Right. :unsure:

The same place she gets the idea that the U.S. is not worth dying for. I'm sure you can imagine how well that statement went over about a year ago, and now she's at it again, eh? Personally, I hope she moves south and Chavez can deal with her.

Oh. Right.

There are nearly 100000 troops in Iraq. How many rapes committed?

For every population base in the USA of 100000 there are nearly 90000 rapes per year. This makes for a rate of 32% for every 100000 people.

http://www.justice.govt.nz/pubs/reports/20.../section-5.html

Cindy doesn't say that there are American soldiers accused of rape, she says "Iraqis Get Raped By Our Soldiers Just For Living" which is a purposefully erroneous statement. The truth is that the forced rape 'rate' of American forces is a few 'alleged' incidents, made practically microscopic when compared to the standard rate found in society.

There are nearly 100000 troops in Iraq. How many rapes committed?

For every population base in the USA of 100000 there are nearly 90000 rapes per year. This makes for a rate of 32% for every 100000 people.

http://www.justice.govt.nz/pubs/reports/20.../section-5.html

Cindy doesn't say that there are American soldiers accused of rape, she says "Iraqis Get Raped By Our Soldiers Just For Living" which is a purposefully erroneous statement. The truth is that the forced rape 'rate' of American forces is a few 'alleged' incidents, made practically microscopic when compared to the standard rate found in society.

(emphasis added)

Gonna have to call bullshit on this one.

Rape is one of the most underreported crime here in North America. Now, how eager would any Muslim woman be to step forward given a) Islamic societies' general disdain for rape victims, and B) the fact that being raped by members of an occupying army isn't exactly something you saunter down to the local police station to report (assuming you survive the assault).

IOW, knowing what we know about rape in general and that particular crime during war, it's highly probable that crimes like the one currently under investigation are the tip of the iceberg.

Rape is one of the most underreported crime here in North America. Now, how eager would any Muslim woman be to step forward given a) Islamic societies' general disdain for rape victims, and B) the fact that being raped by members of an occupying army isn't exactly something you saunter down to the local police station to report (assuming you survive the assault).

IOW, knowing what we know about rape in general and that particular crime during war, it's highly probable that crimes like the one currently under investigation are the tip of the iceberg.

Point A.) - Like Rape is something women in NA don't have issues with reporting? Your point is not going to skew the %'s to any real extent. That doesn't even count the possible false accusations that the anti-American elements would love to get out into the press.

Point B.) - I must be missing your point, what is it that you think would happen if an Iraq woman did go to the police station and reported a rape against an American soldier? Are you implying someone (an American soldier specifically) is going to kill her or something?

Cindy doesn't say that there are American soldiers accused of rape, she says "Iraqis Get Raped By Our Soldiers Just For Living"
She actually said 'can get raped', not 'get raped', which is a huge difference in the accusatory spectrum. Besides, I have to concur with PocketRocket, enough with Sheehan already. She is a boob and a louse, the war/antiwar debate is interesting enough to not 'dumb it down' with characters like Sheehan.

Point A.) - Like Rape is something women in NA don't have issues with reporting? Your point is not going to skew the %'s to any real extent. That doesn't even count the possible false accusations that the anti-American elements would love to get out into the press.

I can't make heads or tails of this. Are you saying women in North America don't have any problem reporting rape? My point is: if women in "enlightened" North America can scarcely bother to report rape, what makes anyone think we're getting the whole picture about what's happening in Iraq?

Point B.) - I must be missing your point, what is it that you think would happen if an Iraq woman did go to the police station and reported a rape against an American soldier? Are you implying someone (an American soldier specifically) is going to kill her or something?

No, simply that her complaint is probably not going to make any waves, assuming she actually reports it. Between the widespread stigmatization of rape victims in patriarchal Muslim societies, to basic resource issues (Iraqi police seem to have a had enough time not getting blown up to investigate the hundreds and hundreds of unsolved murders and kidnappings: I'll wager rape is low on their priority list) to the potential for cover up if she went to U.S. authorities, there's a lot of opportunity for any accussations that do come to light to just peter out.

I feel sorry for Cindy Sheehan. Unfortunately, I think she's being used by a number of various groups as a human political shield. That's much worse then anything she might have said, as ignorant as it might be. Although her Chavez comment was pretty hard to stomach.

At least she finally got around to putting a headstone on her son's grave. Only 2 years late. :angry:

EDIT: Actually I'm wrong on these numbers: The real number is 32 out of a population of 100000. Much different but still compelling.

Forgive me but I don't really see how you can. You say it's the tip of the iceberg. Ok:

Well there are, per year, 90000 forcible rapes (under the same conditions where many women don't want to report it) for every 100000 bulk population (not all young men -- everyone--- including people who couldn't do it if they tried).

We are comparing this to 100000+ males roaming the streets of Baghdad. How many rapes have occurred? 1? 3? 10? Are you suggesting that these 'alleged' rapes are the tip of an iceberg that comprises 90000+ rapes by US armed forces personnel and we just don't hear about it? 90000 women who dont want to report it? 90000 incidents that went 'un-noticed'?

Seriously: think about that.

The numbers are hard to argue with even if you do factor in assumed unknowns like an Iraqi woman's resistance to reporting it -- which I don't really buy. I think you might have a point if it was Iraqi to Iraqi but when it's 'American Satanist Occupiers' I would think that would change the conditions more than a little. Either way, like I say, a couple of 'alleged' incidents do not indicate the tip of the iceberg for 90000 more 'alleged rapes' unless you're really reaching.

In no way do I put this information out to try and excuse these 'alleged' actions. Far from it. All I'm trying to show is that if it did happen it didn't happen 'because they were soldiers' or because 'Soldiers rape Iraqi women for nothing more than living'. It's a demographic issue and a command and control issue.

Without looking at the numbers we have no way of judging the why's or the what's about this situation but it seems flawed to me to assume it's anything more than a case of what will happen when you have 100000 young men on the streets whether it's here or there.

I contend that if these guys are guilty that they would've just as likely raped at home as anywhere else.

She actually said 'can get raped', not 'get raped', which is a huge difference in the accusatory spectrum.

You're right, it is completely different. Since it's using a complete hypothesis what she actually said is completely meaningless. They could get raped. They could win a million dollars too. They could get married to one. Or they could've been killed already by Saddam -- that's a meaningless hypothesis as well.

Just sayin'.