Where do we draw the "tolerance line"?

Muslims & Gays  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehehe...a real conundrum for lefties...

Obviously you don't know liberals at all, they sit on both sides of the fence consecutively wherever possible. If they cannot achieve it they'll dispatch a second lefty to sit on the other side of the fence so they can do it collectively.

It's interesting to note that our Canadian media supported the Muslim position in that they(media) refused to print the cartoons, even though the media is rapidly pro-everything gay. I suspect if a gay person gets attacked by Muslims in Canada, the gloves will come off, and Muslims will be portrayed as christians now are. And in all of this the sad thing is, actual news reporting takes a back seat to the media agenda.

It's interesting to note that our Canadian media supported the Muslim position in that they(media) refused to print the cartoons

That wasn't the "Muslim position". Many non-Muslims agree that the depictions of Mohammed should not be published. Don't make it a polarized Muslim/non-Muslim issue, it's far beyond that.

actual news reporting takes a back seat to the media agenda.

What's the "media agenda"? Pro-gay?

To many small-minded folks, a lack of condemnation of gays in the media itself constitutes bias. That's not the medias job...it's the job of folks like Vic Toews.

The Muslim position on the cartoons was that they were not to be printed. That is a simple statement of fact.

As far as the media agenda goes, gays can do no wrong. Any time there is a gay demonstration or parade or whatever, the numbers reported attending are always way over estimated when compared to the police estimates. The gay marriage issue in Canada was covered by our media with a huge bias in favour of. That is not their job. There job is to report the news without bias.

The media should treat everyone or group equally, but they don't. One example is the recent showing of old torture pictures in Iraq. These were of the original torture scandal of over a year ago. They were shown on the 6 o'clock news in color while I watched, a couple of weeks ago, simply because they were recently 'found'. And yet they won't show the cartoons, a world wide story which was in the news for weeks. That is bias. They are giving Muslims special treatment.

What six-o-clock news were you watching? Did they show the picture of the dude with the banana in his ass?

Ya, I thought most MSM didn't show those either (I know CBC did a doc on it full of graphic pictures, but it wasn't 'news' per say).

The Muslim cartoons damaged to the reputation of the muslim population is nothing compared to the damage to the western society (in the eyes of the Muslims) done by the Abu Gharib pictures.

None the less, both should be easily accessible by the public, so they can come to that same conclusion.

wrong - exposition of the problem with tolerance thread

So you're saying that tolerance is just a slippery slope, and that once you start being tolerant to one thing, it just snowballs until you are overwhelmed with conflicting tolerances? I'm starting a collection of conservative slippery-slope arguments and that one tops the list. :lol:

wrong - exposition of the problem with tolerance thread

So you're saying that tolerance is just a slippery slope, and that once you start being tolerant to one thing, it just snowballs until you are overwhelmed with conflicting tolerances? I'm starting a collection of conservative slippery-slope arguments and that one tops the list. :lol:

What about Liberal slippery slope arguments? You should start a collection of those too; only then can you have the most extensive slippery slope collection in the universe.

Do all your posts start out "What about Liberal...?"

Yeah, all slippery-slope arguments are stupid and based on the premise that we can't make a rational decision now because, if we do, we will never be able to make a rational decision again. Conservatives use them more often because stupid people.--pardon me, their base--fall for it every time.

Same-sex marriage, stem cell research, marijuana decriminalization--you name it.

Yeah, all slippery-slope arguments are stupid and based on the premise that we can't make a rational decision now because, if we do, we will never be able to make a rational decision again. Conservatives use them more often because stupid people.--pardon me, their base--fall for it every time.

Same-sex marriage, stem cell research, marijuana decriminalization--you name it.

What an arrogant ass.

I am so sick of the Liberal assertion that everyone who doesn't support their point of view is stupid, bigotted, racist, etc ...

Although I support SSM, stem cell research and marijuana decriminalization...I still find you incredibly arrogant and don't care for your "conservative bashing."

Boo hoo.

Gee, is that your version of a good come back Bub? Perhaps all that tokin' you've been doing (as you have mentioned in the past) has slowed your mental capacity. The body is a temple my friend, if you treat it as such you will find yourself in this particular situation less - having embarrassed yourself while being completely ignorant of the fact.

Anyhoo, the slippery slope is a grand old argument that has served us conservatives well lo these many years, mostly because it's an accurate description of the way things are sometimes. Take speeding, for instance. In my community 50 kph is the limit on most streets. This used to be enforced and I can remember getting a few tickets for going several ks over. Somewhere along the way, so many people started falling to the temptation of speeding, that the cops realized their resources on this issue could not keep up and they seem to have allowed 60 to be the new 50. This is a slippery slope. Now I regularly get passed on all roads of two lanes each way when I merely go 60 kph. On sinple lane roads often times someones on my tail, giving me the hint that I'm out of step with reality. My point is this: The slippery slope of speed has gotten us to a place where the speeders do 65 to 75 in a 50 zone. There are many more accidents with injuries and deaths than there used to be in our community, all because of the speed issue. Whether you can wrap your head around the reality of the slippery slope issue or not, it's legitimate.

You think we're all poor, stupid, bigotted souls. And we think your arrogant liberalism is the problem with this country, not the answer.

I didn't say anything about bigoted, and most conservatives aren't poor. And only some are stupid, but if the shoe fits...