Liberal Leadership Race

I'd like to formerly announce that I'm stepping out of the leadership race for the Liberal Party of Canada. I have other priorities in my life right now that would limit my ability to effectively lead this party to its former glory.

However, I have applied for the position of crossing guard on the floor of the commons, so MPs don't get runover by Jack Layton.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to formerly announce that I'm stepping out of the leadership race for the Liberal Party of Canada. I have other priorities in my life right now that would limit my ability to effectively lead this party to its former glory.

However, I have applied for the position of crossing guard on the floor of the commons, so MPs don't get runover by Jack Layton.

As Larry the Cable Guy is currently in Calgary, my response is borrowed from his act...

I don't care who you are...THAT'S FUNNY right there... :lol:

FTA

I would like to take this opportunity to nominate.....

Canadian Tire Guy

He is a articulate, stand-up guy with the common touch and would bring a lot of tools to the table....

I would like to nominate the guy on the ING Direct commercials.

He bears a weird resemblace to Chretien and he tells us to "save your money."

I think he would ignite a passionate debate.

I would like to formally nominate Sponge Bob.

He's hardworking, has the ability to absorb most concepts (and water), has a second in command that remains quiet when he's supposed to (Gary the Snail), and he's yellow. He has been at his job for some time and did not cross the parking lot to work for the competition.

Sources: My eight year old son

I would like to formally nominate Sponge Bob.

He's hardworking, has the ability to absorb most concepts (and water), has a second in command that remains quiet when he's supposed to (Gary the Snail), and he's yellow. He has been at his job for some time and did not cross the parking lot to work for the competition.

Sources: My eight year old son

I haven't stopped laughing yet, and I read this minutes ago. :lol:

My personal nomination goes to the beavers on the motorola olympics commerical. What team they'd be.

I nominate George Stombolopolous.

He represents the *hip* *cool* *happening* *wow* *now* attitude that the CBC uses to hide/justify/gloriy their fair and balanced view of Canadian society.

We have had two Governors General with no more credentials than working for Mothercorp. Why not a PM?

Wouldn't that be great to have a PM who used to be a Veejay?

Ok ok.. as much as I hate doing this.. im so clever I just have to..

(Even tho i am left wing)

Well judging by recent events, I think now more than ever, Wayne Gretzky is a prime candidate for the leadership of the liberal party.

LOL

So before you all flame me, I'm just playing, I know nothing has been proven, and I'm an avid hockey fan, so I really hope it isnt true.

That's the deal. If it is only Gretzky's wife who made the bets, and they weren't on hockey, I don't have any issue with it at all.

I'm an Oilers fan too!

So before you all flame me, I'm just playing, I know nothing has been proven, and I'm an avid hockey fan, so I really hope it isnt true.

That's the deal. If it is only Gretzky's wife who made the bets, and they weren't on hockey, I don't have any issue with it at all.

The wiretap information doesn't look favourable to Wayne.

I'm an Oilers fan too!

Stop supporting an inferior team, I cannot respect you any longer. The team is so bad, it destroyed one of the best defensemen in the NHL. ;)

Canuck: Did Chretien actually have a homeless advisor? I can almost believe this.

The wiretap information doesn't look favourable to Wayne.

I'm an Oilers fan too!

Stop supporting an inferior team, I cannot respect you any longer. The team is so bad, it destroyed one of the best defensemen in the NHL. ;)

Canuck: Did Chretien actually have a homeless advisor? I can almost believe this.

I am a Habs fan but between the two (Flame/Oilers) I gotta go with the Flames.

I like Jerome and I think Oilers fans are a little too stiff. Flames fans are hilarious!!!

Can I nominate John F'ing Kerry?

:lol:

Which Kerry...the one that voted for the war or the one that voted against it???

:P

We're talking Liberal nomination...obviously the one that voted against it and won 3 purple hearts. Did I mention the 3 purple hearts...because he got those. We're not making this up.

Gretzky is the perfect candidate. As everyone around him gets implicated in fraud and other such crimes, he sits back and claims he didn't know a damn thing. Hell, it worked for Martin for 18 months.

Can I nominate John F'ing Kerry?

:lol:

Which Kerry...the one that voted for the war or the one that voted against it???

:P

We're talking Liberal nomination...obviously the one that voted against it and won 3 purple hearts. Did I mention the 3 purple hearts...because he got those. We're not making this up.

Gretzky is the perfect candidate. As everyone around him gets implicated in fraud and other such crimes, he sits back and claims he didn't know a damn thing. Hell, it worked for Martin for 18 months.

That's like naming nations like Libya and China to lead the Human Rights Tribunal at the United Nations.

Oh, wait ... that happened too.