Double Haters’ Still Up for Grabs

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

It boils down to ego. they have folks like robosmith and WCM touting them as saviors. This gives them inflated self worth. As a result.. they have to keep spending in order to keep up the facade of being some hero. Cutting the budget, folks losing jobs, projects getting shelved does not help that image

I've often thought about what "should" or "could" be done as a PM or POTUS to actually enhance the lot of the populace.

Our bureaucratic footprint is nuts. We are way over regulated. Remove the regulations, make deep cuts to the bureaucracies, allow the fossil fuels and all resource mining to do business and let the economy recover.

I would also revamp welfare. I would turn it into a work program. The military could be an important part of that program.

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I've often thought about what "should" or "could" be done as a PM or POTUS to actually enhance the lot of the populace.

Our bureaucratic footprint is nuts. We are way over regulated. Remove the regulations, make deep cuts to the bureaucracies, allow the fossil fuels and all resource mining to do business and let the economy recover.

I would also revamp welfare. I would turn it into a work program. The military could be an important part of that program.

I would fully support major spending cuts and some loosening of regulations. Some regulations are needed just to nip a problem in the bud before it gets out of control and folks "demand answers". I have no issues with oil/gas extraction and mining but they should not be allowed to pollute at free will. We have all sorts of issues in rural nevada where the water is either unusable or close to it. Fracking would decimate that limited water supply and exacerbate the pollution issues. 

The real issue is that we inflate how important they are. Folks correlate their person fortunes/outcomes to whose in office. Their life sucked during Obama's time.. there can only be one reason for that, President Obama. When the right person is in office, their personal fortunes will magically change for the better. They were making perfect decisions the whole time and its the sole fault of the president as to why they drank too much, smoke too much, ate too much.

3 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

I would fully support major spending cuts and some loosening of regulations. Some regulations are needed just to nip a problem in the bud before it gets out of control and folks "demand answers". I have no issues with oil/gas extraction and mining but they should not be allowed to pollute at free will. We have all sorts of issues in rural nevada where the water is either unusable or close to it. Fracking would decimate that limited water supply and exacerbate the pollution issues. 

The real issue is that we inflate how important they are. Folks correlate their person fortunes/outcomes to whose in office. Their life sucked during Obama's time.. there can only be one reason for that, President Obama. When the right person is in office, their personal fortunes will magically change for the better. They were making perfect decisions the whole time and its the sole fault of the president as to why they drank too much, smoke too much, ate too much.

Ya somewhat I suppose.

I mean, I think it's safe to say current Liberal policies in both our nation's, is causing unnecessary inflation.

10 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Ya somewhat I suppose.

I mean, I think it's safe to say current Liberal policies in both our nation's, is causing unnecessary inflation.

When I have been in a rough spot financially.. my first finger point is not to the president. I guess.. I am different on that front. 

23 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

When I have been in a rough spot financially.. my first finger point is not to the president. I guess.. I am different on that front. 

I'm not saying that. I'm saying they make things more expensive than need be. That affects everyone.

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I'm not saying that. I'm saying they make things more expensive than need be. That affects everyone.

You can adjust to the price. Spend less, get a better job, work more hours, etc. Largely one's predicament is based on one's decisions are the deciding factor. I know.. i need to join the modern world and start blaming politicians for everything. 

You can adjust to the price. Spend less, get a better job, work more hours, etc. 

Uhmmm...no.

None of this is necessary. It's fabricated inflation. It's...in a word...stupid.

Largely one's predicament is based on one's decisions are the deciding factor. I know.. i need to join the modern world and start blaming politicians for everything

The modern world? What? In which we pump the cost of living? That's not modern...it's stupid. All of it and it needs to be stopped.

Just now, Nationalist said:

Uhmmm...no.

None of this is necessary. It's fabricated inflation. It's...in a word...stupid.

The modern world? What? In which we pump the cost of living? That's not modern...it's stupid. All of it and it needs to be stopped.

in the modern world. no one takes personal responsibility. Instead.. just blame it on management at work or politicians. 

21 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

in the modern world. no one takes personal responsibility. Instead.. just blame it on management at work or politicians. 

^This. When I knew gas prices would go up years ago when they were temporarily low (Dec 2016), I bought a hybrid which gets almost twice the MPG of my Civic. And I got a great deal cause no one wanted them when gas was so low.

And I use an app called Fiipp on my phone that tells me all the sale prices for groceries in my town.

As a result, I almost never pay the inflated prices that dumb posters here complain about.

9 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

I'd say many are taking responsibility and are prepared to oust the twits who have created this mess.

12 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I'd say many are taking responsibility and are prepared to oust the twits who have created this mess.

If you're going to TRY to overturn the election again, you're going to end up in the slammer like those who were already convicted.

On 5/3/2024 at 6:06 PM, robosmith said:

^This. When I knew gas prices would go up years ago when they were temporarily low (Dec 2016), I bought a hybrid which gets almost twice the MPG of my Civic. And I got a great deal cause no one wanted them when gas was so low.

And I use an app called Fiipp on my phone that tells me all the sale prices for groceries in my town.

As a result, I almost never pay the inflated prices that dumb posters here complain about.

So what you are saying is that the Biden economy is so bad that you have to have a secret formula to keep it from being too bad.

18 hours ago, gatomontes99 said:

So what you are saying is that the Biden economy is so bad that you have to have a secret formula to keep it from being too bad.

No, I'm saying I don't pay any of the inflated prices YOU DUMMIES complain about. Learn to read.

The PRICE YOU PAY is YOUR CHOICE. Duh

2 minutes ago, robosmith said:

No, I'm saying I don't pay any of the inflated prices YOU DUMMIES complain about. Learn to read.

The PRICE YOU PAY is YOUR CHOICE. Duh

So you are admitting that you have to go to some level of planning to avoid some of Biden's bad economy.

32 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

I love it how certain ones on here believe that the POTUS has full control of gas prices. They choose the price and everything falls into place after that. 

He did cancel leases in the golf and deny leases in Alaska. That lead to reduced supply. So, yes, he is partially responsible.

Just now, gatomontes99 said:

He did cancel leases in the golf and deny leases in Alaska. That lead to reduced supply. So, yes, he is partially responsible.

Impacting something does not mean that someone has 100% control. Partially is not a synonym for completely. However, the POTUS is the most convenient target. FYI.. when you compare gas prices on first day in office versus last day... the gas price has risen during every President.. even Trump. If Trump had such control.. how could he let this happen?

4 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

You epitomize what I am talking about. No bother with fixing your own life.. elect the right politician and they will fix it for you

Oh don't be stupid. Dude...I'm quite comfortable at my age. I know full well...maybe even more than you...what hard work is and it's rewards.

Picking the right government has huge impacts on pretty much everything. Perhaps you should quit patting yourself on the back for discovering something any self-made man has known for years already, and think.

Edited by Nationalist

4 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Oh don't be stupid. Dude...I'm quite comfortable at my age. I know full well...maybe even more than you...what hard work is and it's rewards.

Picking the right government has huge impacts on pretty much everything. Perhaps you should quit patting yourself on the back for discovering something any self-made man has known for years already, and think.

wow.. so your choices and decisions are for nothing.. Your success or failure is tied 100% to whom society elects as President.. That's some good stuff. Not very Conservative though. 

3 hours ago, gatomontes99 said:

You are spreading misinformation and/or lying. Not only has there NOT been reduced supply, domestic oil production under Biden is at record highs, higher than at any point under Trump, even.

image.thumb.png.41c6ba89d40a99202ccd586627c86a29.png

There was a production crash during the pandemic (under Trump, FYI). People stopped driving, so smaller producers went out of business and larger producers shuttered less efficient wells and platforms. Workers were laid off and went on to other things. 

Trump also negotiated with OPEC to reduce supply and support artificially high prices. 

And then, when the pandemic was over, and demand picked back up, it simply takes longer to spool up production than to shut it down. And demand (prices) have to hit stepped tipping points to justify re-staffing and restarting facilities. And the US producers were actually faster in recovering than a lot of the global players.

With record domestic production, it's literally--by definition--impossible for Biden to have reduced supply and increased prices.

What you folks forget about is that oil is a global commodity and our domestic gas prices aren't determined by our domestic oil production. Global demand is higher than global supply (relative to times of lower gas prices). Our domestic producers may be pulling more oil from the ground than ever before, but they are exporting it into a high-demand global market, so our domestic gas prices remain elevated. None of which has anything to do with Biden. 

If you want Biden to "fix it" you could ask him to ban oil exports and keep domestic glut of energy for ourselves. We'd have extremely low prices in no time. But, you know, "big government." Pick your poison. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hodad said:

You are spreading misinformation and/or lying. Not only has there NOT been reduced supply, domestic oil production under Biden is at record highs, higher than at any point under Trump, even.

image.thumb.png.41c6ba89d40a99202ccd586627c86a29.png

There was a production crash during the pandemic (under Trump, FYI). People stopped driving, so smaller producers went out of business and larger producers shuttered less efficient wells and platforms. Workers were laid off and went on to other things. 

Trump also negotiated with OPEC to reduce supply and support artificially high prices. 

And then, when the pandemic was over, and demand picked back up, it simply takes longer to spool up production than to shut it down. And demand (prices) have to hit stepped tipping points to justify re-staffing and restarting facilities. And the US producers were actually faster in recovering than a lot of the global players.

With record domestic production, it's literally--by definition--impossible for Biden to have reduced supply and increased prices.

What you folks forget about is that oil is a global commodity and our domestic gas prices aren't determined by our domestic oil production. Global demand is higher than global supply (relative to times of lower gas prices). Our domestic producers may be pulling more oil from the ground than ever before, but they are exporting it into a high-demand global market, so our domestic gas prices remain elevated. None of which has anything to do with Biden. 

If you want Biden to "fix it" you could ask him to ban oil exports and keep domestic glut of energy for ourselves. We'd have extremely low prices in no time. But, you know, "big government." Pick your poison. 

Nope. I don't lie or mislead.

Biden Administration Cancels Drilling  Sales in Alaska and Gulf of Mexico

If you cancel leases, even if private land drilling increases, the supply is lower than it could have been.

5 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

wow.. so your choices and decisions are for nothing.. Your success or failure is tied 100% to whom society elects as President.. That's some good stuff. Not very Conservative though. 

I didn't say that. Man...wakey wakey...

The economic policies of any government do affect the economy...throughout the economy.

My success is the result of knowing when to take risks. It worked...my wife helped. 

1 minute ago, Nationalist said:

I didn't say that. Man...wakey wakey...

The economic policies of any government do affect the economy...throughout the economy.

My success is the result of knowing when to take risks. It worked...my wife helped. 

"my success"... how can you take credit if the one and only factor is who is elected President?

Yes, govt policies do affect the economy but that's not the point.. you know this. My point is that my success/failure is due mostly (not all) but lets repeat this.. mostly is due to my motivations, decisions, etc. 

Getting a phd in economics and suffering through grad school. That is my doing not government policy. 

• Thanks 1