This is why Trump supporters will believe absolutely anything

This is why Trump supporters will believe absolutely anything

A humble Trump said this week on Truth Social that it would be a “GREAT HONOR,” to be a modern Mandela. (Back in October, he had said dismissively that “I don’t mind being Nelson Mandela.”) But this honor apparently wasn’t great enough. Two days later, Trump suggested in an interview that he is even greater than the Great Emancipator, Abraham Lincoln, though he had been advised not to say so publicly.

Trump explained to his host on the MAGA outlet Real America’s Voice that “nobody’s done more than I have” for Black people. “I say nobody’s done more since Abraham Lincoln,” he elaborated. “I actually wanted to go beyond Abraham Lincoln, but some people thought that wasn’t a good thing to do.”

It is altogether fitting and proper for Trump to compare himself with a Civil War-era leader. This is because, thanks largely to Trump, the rights of American women have just been returned to where they were 160 years ago.

Trump accurately boasts that “I was able to kill Roe v. Wade” and “I was proudly the person responsible.” As a result of his achievement, conservatives on Arizona’s Supreme Court, freed by Roe’s demise, resurrected on Tuesday an 1864 law that bans nearly all abortions, even in cases of rape and incest, from the moment of conception. Trump invited just such Wild West jurisprudence the day before when he said abortion policy should be left “up to the states.” Now, Arizona has restored women’s health care to an era when bloodletting and mercury pills were the standard of care and patients had limbs sawed off without anesthesia.

Then there was his abortion statement in which he expressed his belief that states would “do the right thing.” He also repeated the fiction that “Democrats are the radical ones” on abortion because they support infanticide — “execution after birth.”

Trump, the day after the Arizona decision, defended his original abortion statement (“people are very happy”) by expounding on his even more preposterous claim that Democrats wanted Roe v. Wade overturned. “Every legal scholar, everybody from the Democrats and Republicans, they wanted to bring it back, for 53 years, bring it back to the states,” he said after arriving in Georgia for a pair of fundraisers. 

Of course ^they are ALL LIES.

29.png

The Method Behind Trump’s Mistruths

Since the beginning of his political career, Donald J. Trump has misled, mischaracterized, dissembled, exaggerated and, at times, flatly lied. His flawed statements about the border, the economy, the coronavirus pandemic and the 2020 election have formed the bedrock of his 2024 campaign.

In reality, his LIES go back much further. Like when he used to call up reporters and pretend to be Trump's PR spokesperson John Barron.

Though his penchant for bending the truth, sometimes to the breaking point, has been well documented, a close study of how he does so reveals a kind of technique to his dishonesty: a set of recurring rhetorical moves with which Mr. Trump fuels his popularity among his supporters.

In the week starting with Mr. Trump’s victory speech in Iowa through his win in the New Hampshire primary — the contests that put him on the path to becoming his party’s nominee for the third consecutive time — The New York Times analyzed all of his public statements, including speeches, interviews and social media posts.

His words focused heavily on attacking his political rivals, self-aggrandizing and stoking fear to make his case for 2024. In doing so, Mr. Trump often relied on repeated falsehoods and half-truths. He has yet to deviate from this approach in the general election.

Here’s a look at how he does it: He grossly distorts his opponents’ records and proposals to make them sound unreasonable, he relies on both well-worn and fresh claims of election rigging to suggest he can lose only if his opponents cheat, he has turned his criminal cases into a rallying cry, baselessly asserting that he is being persecuted by his successor, he makes unverifiable claims about what the world would have been like had he secured a second term, and he describes the United States as a nation in ruins. 

Only the MAGA CULT believes his preposterous LIES now. 

13 hours ago, robosmith said:

Only the MAGA CULT believes his preposterous LIES now. 

I wonder if Trump had an uncle who was eaten by cannibals?

5 hours ago, Legato said:

I wonder if Trump had an uncle who was eaten by cannibals?

I wonder if you have ANY evidence that Joe's uncle was NOT.

What's the diff if Joe's uncle was eaten by cannibals or a shark.

If the cannibals are hungry and they find a dead body on the beach, why wouldn't they eat it?

3 hours ago, robosmith said:

If the cannibals are hungry and they find a dead body on the beach, why wouldn't they eat it?

Did Joe have any evidence or was he rambling as normal.

3 hours ago, robosmith said:

Wow!

Does this forum do yearly awards for post of the year? Because I would nominate this for most embarrassing post of the year. Surely you wish you could take this back?

Imply tat your uncle may have been eaten by cannibals is a far greater negative than sexual assault, fraud, tax evasion, ripping people off, uttering hate speech, incition to riot, attempting to subvert and nullify an election, lying for years, intimidating witnesses, mocking and undermining the justice system, contempt if court, sucking up to known enemies of the USA, and more.

All of those together aren't nearly as bad as suggesting cannibals may be behind the disappearance of WW2 pilots that crashed over Borneo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gatomontes99 said:

Wow!

Does this forum do yearly awards for post of the year? Because I would nominate this for most embarrassing post of the year. Surely you wish you could take this back?

You've not even given a single reason why ANYONE speculating about cannibals eating people is the least bit embarrassing.

Because there IS NONE. Cannibals eat PEOPLE. That is a FACT. So do sharks.

Please detail the REASONS you find that embarrassing so we can laugh at YOU.

9 hours ago, robosmith said:

There were KNOWN to be cannibals in that vicinity and the body was not found. Why isn't that enough?

Though I would say it was more likely eaten by a shark.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/mighty-history/american-airmen-were-rescued-by-cannibal-headhunters-during-world-war-ii/

9 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Nobody LIES MORE than the pathological LIAR Trump. He even LIES about the rain and his crowd sizes, and you MAGA CULT eats up his BULLSHIT.

Sorry, cultist, democrats are the biggest f*cking liars on the planet and nobody likes you.