Liberal leadership

JMH

Jeepers, even I didn't think the Liberal party could amass such an embarrasing group of people.

Only the arrogent terds are left........and a hoplessly dumb blonde girl that entered politics when I had my last "physical". The rich........my god they get more nerve every time I turn around. Silliness. Sorry, I forgot Brison.........probably the most qualified and perhaps the most honerable..........but never to be..........common Mr. Brison, Your Gay...........it ain't gonna happen.

Jeepers, even I didn't think the Liberal party could amass such an embarrasing group of people.

Only the arrogent terds are left........and a hoplessly dumb blonde girl that entered politics when I had my last "physical". The rich........my god they get more nerve every time I turn around. Silliness. Sorry, I forgot Brison.........probably the most qualified and perhaps the most honerable..........but never to be..........common Mr. Brison, Your Gay...........it ain't gonna happen.

I think this gives a fantastic opportunity for the grassroots to elect a new leader based on merit and leadership, rather than having payed his dues by buying supporters for a certain length of time.

Are there any forum rules against trolling? You know....posting garbage with the sole intent of starting a flame war?

Dion would be an interesting question. Would he honestly appeal more to Quebecker's than Harper will? Sounds like an easy question to answer, but look at the group of Quebec voters that just swung to Harper...

I'd go with Stephane Dion or Bill Graham.

And if Graham, I may vote Liberal... :ph34r:

Dion would be an interesting question. Would he honestly appeal more to Quebecker's than Harper will? Sounds like an easy question to answer, but look at the group of Quebec voters that just swung to Harper...

The breakdown you'd see, probably, in Quebec is:

Federalists=Dion

Soft Nationalists=Harper

Hardcore Separatists=Duceppe

The breakdown you'd see, probably, in Quebec is:

Federalists=Dion

Soft Nationalists=Harper

Hardcore Separatists=Duceppe

I see the death of the Bloc not too far away.

Blind Federalists= Dion

Soft Nationalists= Harper

Hardcore Separatists= Marginalized

The thread or the OP?

Brison is not the right man for the job, but not because of his sexual orientation.

He ran for the PC leadership and has been a Liberal for how long?

Also remember that part of his platform in the PC leadership was more private involvement in healthcare and an integrated defence strategy with the U.S.

If the Liberals are truly looking to set themselves apart from the CPC then Brison is not the way to go.

This thread is a flame-tacular example of ignorance.

As I watched one good man after another withdraw their names from leadership contention I couldn't help but wonder, what do they know that we don't? Perhaps they were privy to further charges against the previous government. Did they know that the DND was under investigation and charges would be laid against a former manager? Did they know about the book written by a Gomery insider? Do they know of other pending investigations? Or are they simply too smart to associate themselves with a party so steeped in corruption that the stink will last for decades. Whatever the reason they were quick to act. Personally I hope the libs choose the terminally arrogant Scott Brison, what a gift he would be to the Conservatives. B)

As I watched one good man after another withdraw their names from leadership contention I couldn't help but wonder, what do they know that we don't? Perhaps they were privy to further charges against the previous government. Did they know that the DND was under investigation and charges would be laid against a former manager? Did they know about the book written by a Gomery insider? Do they know of other pending investigations? Or are they simply too smart to associate themselves with a party so steeped in corruption that the stink will last for decades. Whatever the reason they were quick to act. Personally I hope the libs choose the terminally arrogant Scott Brison, what a gift he would be to the Conservatives. B)

Well unless someone else steps up quick, it's likely to be Brison.

The thread or the OP?

Brison is not the right man for the job, but not because of his sexual orientation.

He ran for the PC leadership and has been a Liberal for how long?

Also remember that part of his platform in the PC leadership was more private involvement in healthcare and an integrated defence strategy with the U.S.

If the Liberals are truly looking to set themselves apart from the CPC then Brison is not the way to go.

This thread is a flame-tacular example of ignorance.

The Liberals should have those things in their platform because in my POV they are in the best interests of Canada.

I am sure the LPCs debt is a huge issue.

McKenna was quite right that it is a ten-year commitment.

Most of the people who have stepped out of the running don't want to be like Martin. Hoping for a win in his mid-60s.

Brison being the future of the party really shows how sad a state the party is in right now.

As I watched one good man after another withdraw their names from leadership contention I couldn't help but wonder, what do they know that we don't? Or are they simply too smart to associate themselves with a party so steeped in corruption that the stink will last for decades. Whatever the reason they were quick to act. Personally I hope the libs choose the terminally arrogant Scott Brison, what a gift he would be to the Conservatives. B)

Because he is a Federal Conservative. Why would he want that job? If he can win the next Quebec election he could be set to replace Harper down the road....
Why can't Charest run?

Charest would probably have been PM if he lead the CPC to an election in June 2004. He gave a passionate speech during the 1995 rally that put Chretien's speech to shame and he has a moderate, federalist approach throughout Canada.

Now he has too much baggage from Quebec City and has run a generally listless government here. His main flaw has been doing things without explaining why he feels the need to do them. He also has a terrible communications team.

Sad as it is, I am going to have to go with Brison or Dion as next Liberal leader. It would be too much for Belinda right away but I am sure she'll jump in in about 8-12 years depending on how many big majorities Harper keeps getting... :P

Charest definitely has time to change his team and his image as Premier of Quebec.

The Federal CPC win may have given him the boost he needs to win the next provincial election in Quebec.

If he does that, he can leave provinvial politics to run again federally for the CPC after it's first majority.

If Harper were to win two straight majorities he would no doubt look be looking to retire.

Charest would probably have been PM if he lead the CPC to an election in June 2004. He gave a passionate speech during the 1995 rally that put Chretien's speech to shame and he has a moderate, federalist approach throughout Canada.

Now he has too much baggage from Quebec City and has run a generally listless government here. His main flaw has been doing things without explaining why he feels the need to do them. He also has a terrible communications team.

The Federal CPC win may have given him the boost he needs to win the next provincial election in Quebec

Agreed. He was a dead man walking until January 23 though.

Duceppe and Boisclair must be experiencing major migraines ever since. Things have gobe from perfect to 'I have a sinking feeling' for them in just two months.

Anybody know if Goodale speaks French?

The Federal CPC win may have given him the boost he needs to win the next provincial election in Quebec

Agreed. He was a dead man walking until January 23 though.

Duceppe and Boisclair must be experiencing major migraines ever since. Things have gobe from perfect to 'I have a sinking feeling' for them in just two months.

Anybody know if Goodale speaks French?

Goodale does not speak very good French that I understand.

Charest winning the next election here is extremely unlikely, even if sovereignty is a dead issue (which it won't be anyway). The ADQ has gained strength and will likely take a lot of support away from the Quebec Liberals.

Struggling as they may be, I would never rule out the PQ just as I would never rule out the federal Liberals. These parties have incredible support among their respective bases which just won't go away.