6 minutes ago, gatomontes99 said:

Newsweek? NBC? Don't you have something reputable? After all NBC still believes there is a pee tape and Newsweek thinks Biden won the election.

Everyone outside of the MAGA CULT knows Biden won the election FAIR AND SQUARE.

I haven't seen ANYONE except YOU talk about the pee tape (except as a joke) in the last year.

But then, I don't usually watch FOS LIES. LMAO

3 minutes ago, User said:

There is no such thing as something being old data or old news. That is all subjective. A trend can be measured over any time frame depending on what is being looked at, and pretending like only the most recent weekly trend is all that matters is just silly nonsense. 

And we are not even talking about the difference between national polling and battleground states either... 

Your map is based on poll data over a month represented as average numbers. That doesn't show the TREND.

1 minute ago, robosmith said:

Your map is based on poll data over a month represented as average numbers. That doesn't show the TREND.

My map? I don't think I posted any map here. There is no "the TREND" there is only a timeframe you are choosing to focus on that most benefits you while you ignore the rest. 

1 minute ago, User said:

My map? I don't think I posted any map here. There is no "the TREND" there is only a timeframe you are choosing to focus on that most benefits you while you ignore the rest. 

You LINKED to a MAP, which also contains poll results of swing states that were used to create the MAP.

2 minutes ago, robosmith said:

You LINKED to a MAP, which also contains poll results of swing states that were used to create the MAP.

No, I do not believe I linked to anything here. I have only provided my wonderful commentary. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Everyone outside of the MAGA CULT knows Biden won the election FAIR AND SQUARE.

I haven't seen ANYONE except YOU talk about the pee tape (except as a joke) in the last year.

But then, I don't usually watch FOS LIES. LMAO

You don't have any self awareness, sense of humor or ability to detect sarcasm, do you?

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, gatomontes99 said:

Isn't it weird how we keep getting told the EC is trending towards Biden. Joe is winning!

Screenshot_20240505_160631_Firefox.jpg

I heard one of the weirdest ones today. Well - "read" but you know what i mean.

The author claimed that the reason that biden is doing badly in the polls was because their focus group has shown that people are in a mental state of denial that it's trump v biden again.  They simply don't beleive it and when they do, when it's real for them and they believe it's true, then they'll go to biden en masse.

They likened it to the state of denial people experience when they're mourning ;) 

I'm like Biatch - it's been plastered all over the news for months. Everyone knows it's trump v biden, nobody's thinking otherwise.

feh. Some people's children.

But at the end of the day it's probably true that people have stopped focusing on it by and large and have 'put a pin' in it till the race starts,  but clearly trump will be likely to start that race ahead of biden when the people start paying attention to presidential politics seriously again after summer.

• Haha 1

Just now, impartialobserver said:

No but the back story is not important. Knowing poll results in June does not help get a feel for who wins in November. This is like a preseason Ap top 25 in college football. 

well... i'd disagree a little bit but you're not far off the mark admittedly.  the real action will start september.

but i would say this election especially the 'backstory'  will play a role and it will make the final campaign choices more interesting.

Sure - some hockey fans just watch the playoffs, but for people truly interested in the game the regular season is still fun to watch :)  

42 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

well... i'd disagree a little bit but you're not far off the mark admittedly.  the real action will start september.

but i would say this election especially the 'backstory'  will play a role and it will make the final campaign choices more interesting.

Sure - some hockey fans just watch the playoffs, but for people truly interested in the game the regular season is still fun to watch :)  

to make the analogy one to one.. does knowing the results of a preseason NHL Game tell you who is going to win the Stanley Cup? 

I am the most casual of NHL fan (mostly due to lack of time to watch games) and was bummed to see the Winnipeg Jets and Toronto Maple Leafs get eliminated. Was thinking it would have been interesting to see WPG vs. TOR in the Stanley Cup Final

Edited by impartialobserver

29 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

to make the analogy one to one.. does know the results of a preseason NHL Game tell you who is going to win the Stanley Cup? 

I am the most casual of NHL fan (mostly due to lack of time to watch games) and was bummed to see the Winnipeg Jets and Toronto Maple Leafs get eliminated. Was thinking it would have been interesting to see WPG vs. TOR in the Stanley Cup Final

That's a little bit disingenuous to say the argument is that he 100% controls it. No one 100% controls it. Not even the Saudis. But, when Biden does things to cause the cost to go up, he does own that.

2 minutes ago, gatomontes99 said:

That's a little bit disingenuous to say the argument is that he 100% controls it. No one 100% controls it. Not even the Saudis. But, when Biden does things to cause the cost to go up, he does own that.

I will agree that he does impact the price but not completely. However, we leave out the factors all so conveniently.. as to why? Simple human nature. Keep it simple. 

4 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

much like the folks who say that the one and only reason that a team loses a game is the result of one play at the end. Narrowing it down to one play and therefore making binary (1 vs. 0, succeed vs. do not succeed) keeps it simple enough for their limited intellect. 

Well, is it? Or is it just easier to explain?

The kicker missed the last field goal as time ran out. But they ran out of time because they burned a timeout for because they couldn't get the play in. They couldn't score a touchdown earlier because the receiver tripped Over a shoe lace that came loose. Etc.

I could go into a three hour plus explanation on every play. Or, I could say that damn kicker missed the field goal. Is it 100% what happened? No. But it expresses the emotion of the game.

As for oil, saying Biden caused prices to rise is like saying the QB threw 3 ints on purpose. He knew that what he was doing would cause the prices to go up. But he did it to appease the radical left. His whole presidency has been about appeasing radicals. And what did it get him? A new round of radical left riots.

Edited by gatomontes99

5 minutes ago, gatomontes99 said:

Well, is it? Or is it just easier to explain?

The kicker missed the last field goal as time ran out. But they ran out of time because they burned a timeout for because they couldn't get the play in. They couldn't score a touchdown earlier because the receiver tripped Over a shoe lace that came loose. Etc.

I could go into a three hour plus explanation on every play. Or, I could say that damn kicker missed the field goal. Is it 100% what happened? No. But it expresses the emotion of the game.

But had the losing team played better in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarter.. the need for the field goal would not be there. But to place the sole blame on the kicker... is just more binary thinking. The other 21 players on the field could have played better on the 90+ prior plays... 

when my one and only team in sports.. Boise State Broncos of college football lose, I do not blame the one play at the end. The missed FG by Kyle Brotzman in 2010 against Nevada would not have been needed had the OL blocked better and not made Kellen Moore throw to the 3rd and 4th options on his route tree in the 3rd and 4th quarter. 

Edited by impartialobserver

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

to make the analogy one to one.. does knowing the results of a preseason NHL Game tell you who is going to win the Stanley Cup? 

Sometimes it can give a great deal of insight as to who is going to win. But more importantly it sheds a great deal of insight into the strategies that will be used during the playoffs. Obviously some seasons more so than others but to set the analogy aside for a moment in this particular case it will be very interesting. There are a lot of things in motion this time around which are not normally the case. And how they play out between now and September will definitely not only have an impact but give a great deal of insight into who is most likely to win AND it'll be a very interesting study in political campaigning.

Some years aren't. But this one is.