Belinda Stronach

tml12

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A PROUD LIBERAL

Good for you, I'm glad to see you engaged and passionate.

Can you tell me how much it costs to join the Liberal Party?

I definitely want to vote in their leadership race, though I will struggle mightily to choose between Belinda and Sheila. Maybe if it is only $10 or so I could just join twice.

Good idea. And your 20 bucks would help the Liberals get out of debt, although if Belinda makes leader, their money problems may solve themselves.

I suggest we start a Belinda Beleader movement.

A PROUD LIBERAL

I definitely want to vote in their leadership race, though I will struggle mightily to choose between Belinda and Sheila. Maybe if it is only $10 or so I could just join twice.

Good idea. And your 20 bucks would help the Liberals get out of debt, although if Belinda makes leader, their money problems may solve themselves.

I suggest we start a Belinda Beleader movement.

:lol:

Belinda may just run for it yet...not in the next 8 years though.

Steprocks

You seem bitter about Harpers win. Is this because the liberal feeling of entitlement has now gone sour? I will stand and say you have a right to disagree, and opposing opiions are welcomed, just try taking some pepto to cure that acid. :rolleyes:

Martin was as dirty as all the others in the adscam affair, and now that he is gone it will not be hard to prove it. Why do you think the quick meculpa on election night, by him resigning as leader. It will be followed by a by-election for his seat quite soon as well. The biggest rats on the liberal ship make sure they have exit plans.

Once Harper gets his accountability act in place and the Auditor General and Ethics Commitee have the powers to go beyond governments own books but into lobbiests books and all others having done business with the government, you will see why the Liberals are lucky they now have a chance to clean up and go out into the wilderness for a while and try to come back again all new.

We saw this once before when the liberals took over from Mulroney and thwe scandals that just about killed the conservative party back then. Well turn about is fair play and now it is the liberals turn to be the ball, and not the bat. And boy have they left us with a lot of evidenceto search and destroy with. It is not that I love conservatives, as I do not. I really hated Mulroney to the point that if he was killed I would have voted for justifiable homicide. But I must admit 90% of that hate came in the last 6 months of his term. Kim Campbell was just not made of the right stuff in my own opinion. So please remember this is a chance for the liberals to rebuild without losing too much in public. ecause there is one hell of a lump of dirt under the rugs to be sweep out and looked at. You can be proud to be a liberal but lets see what you say in a year. :rolleyes:

I really, really hope that Conservative leadership thinks like you. Blaming the previous government is an old political ploy - especially popular with the incompetent - and rarely works for long. The Liberals discredited the Mulrooney finances only because they were able to put the government into surplus within two years. If they hadn't, cretien would have lasted one term as the voters get real tired of a government that does nothing but blame their predecessors for problems and investigate dead issues.

The public wasn't even interested when the RCMP were investigating Mulroony for kickbacks under Cretien. Once a government is gone, the only people interested in dissecting its corpse is the government who succeeded them. Voters only care about what the present government is doing for them.

So by all means write your Conservative representatives and demand they spend a whole lot of time in investigating the Liberals. The more the better.

The PC's were wiped out by theCanadian voters before the Liberals took power. Everything that came afterwards was flogging a dead horse.

Did you know that in Belinda's riding, Daddy bigbucks offered the Aurora Catholic church 6 acres of

land free, because the present old church didn't have a parking lot. As well this goof ball Dorian Baxter who made himself a pastor, and does Elvis impersonations at his church services, also had to thank Mr BigBucks for a big donation to his church. Funny Dorion said people who couldn't vote for him, should vote for BS.

Funny, sleaze & money seems to be able to beat class and ethics quite handily and I'm sure Daddy Bucks intends to have BS as the next leader and prime minister.

Surely even the Lib's on this page can come to some agreement on the lack of Belinda's qualities for leader.

Partisanship aside, she's:

A. an idiot; and

B. an idiot.

Notwithstanding the nonsense of her crossing the house out of some glorified sense of country, how can anyone justify her receiving a cabinet post?

To people how actually buy into this bullshit, there's a simple response. If she had left the Tories out of sense other then personal ambition she could have simply sat as an independent. Instead she bleets like a sheep about Harper getting too close to sovereigntists, and gets a cabinet position out of it. Pathetic.

And as for any Canadian who yips about stupid Americans voting in people like Jesse Ventura and Arnie, take a look in the mirror. We're no different as can be seen from Belinda.

Are you suggesting voters in Toronto are somehow more caring, more moderate than voters in Kingston or Ottawa? Or could it be all those ethnics in Toronto, a city where more than half the population is foreign born?

The answer to your first question, is no. I suggested nothing of the sort. What I implied was that Toronto is more socially liberal. Having lived in both Ottawa and Toronto, that is my personal observation.

As to your second question, WTF are you going on about??? You sound like Parizeau after the lost referendum "money and the ethnic vote". Bigot.

Hey, I'm not the one who whored myself for political gain. I call a spade a spade. I don't care if Toronto doesn't like it either.

Whichever way she goes, Liberal->Conservative or as she did Conservative->Liberal, the net result is the same.

That's not being a social neanderthal at all. But apparently thinking that there comes a point where people must do for themselves is. Everyone wants a nanny state. It's sad really.

So sexist comments are a form of social progression where you're from?

Belinda is many things, and I must say that of the many things she is, stupid is not one of them. She has learned how to play with the boys, and yes she is not above using her womanhood to her own advantage. I can not say though, thet when it comes to politics, she is not made of the right material. She has the touch of larceny, in her support of parties goes, and that we have seen in many politicians. While she is a good looking woman, I do not think her as beautiful. It will take some time on the opposition benches to see if she is really dedicated to politics, or whether she will just tire of it all, and go on to other things.

She does crave power, but then again so do most of us. She has her sites on very high goals, but I am sure she always has been that way. It will take a long time to see if she really has the will and fortitude to be in politics. It would only take one time her losing her seat, and waiting to the next election to see if she is still willing to represent her party again. I may very wrong but I get the feeling that she is not used to waiting very long for things to happen for her. If this is so then she will not be around very long

Chimera what's sexist, the reference to whore?

Merriam Webster has one definition of whore as "a venal or unscrupulous person".

Venal means "capable of being bought or obtained for money or other valuable consideration".

Belinda is a whore.

Semantics, my dear sage, semantics. I do cede your point that by using certain proper textbook definitions, it does not have to be a sexist word.

Nonetheless, if you call my wife/daughter/sister a whore, I would not stand there and contemplate the many different definitions and possible variances. I would be more likely to beat you. And I'm not refering to rythm.

Belinda is many things, and I must say that of the many things she is, stupid is not one of them. She has learned how to play with the boys, and yes she is not above using her womanhood to her own advantage. I can not say though, thet when it comes to politics, she is not made of the right material. She has the touch of larceny, in her support of parties goes, and that we have seen in many politicians. While she is a good looking woman, I do not think her as beautiful. It will take some time on the opposition benches to see if she is really dedicated to politics, or whether she will just tire of it all, and go on to other things.

She does crave power, but then again so do most of us. She has her sites on very high goals, but I am sure she always has been that way. It will take a long time to see if she really has the will and fortitude to be in politics. It would only take one time her losing her seat, and waiting to the next election to see if she is still willing to represent her party again. I may very wrong but I get the feeling that she is not used to waiting very long for things to happen for her. If this is so then she will not be around very long

Yes, it will be interesting to see what the future holds for Belinda.

Are you suggesting voters in Toronto are somehow more caring, more moderate than voters in Kingston or Ottawa? Or could it be all those ethnics in Toronto, a city where more than half the population is foreign born?

The answer to your first question, is no. I suggested nothing of the sort. What I implied was that Toronto is more socially liberal. Having lived in both Ottawa and Toronto, that is my personal observation.

As to your second question, WTF are you going on about??? You sound like Parizeau after the lost referendum "money and the ethnic vote". Bigot.

Hey, I'm not the one who whored myself for political gain. I call a spade a spade. I don't care if Toronto doesn't like it either.

Whichever way she goes, Liberal->Conservative or as she did Conservative->Liberal, the net result is the same.

That's not being a social neanderthal at all. But apparently thinking that there comes a point where people must do for themselves is. Everyone wants a nanny state. It's sad really.

So sexist comments are a form of social progression where you're from?

Go visit Mr. Webster and you'll see that it is possible to use the word without a sexual connotation.

I don't do PC.

A PROUD LIBERAL

not going to dignifiy this with a comment, you are just being sarcastic, so keep supporting your conservatives.

My comment about voting twice was sarcastic, the rest is dead earnest.

If Stronach and/or Copps runs for Liberal leader, I will join the Party and I will vote for them.

It's a legitimate form of political activism, ensuring a Tory win via a Liberal loss.

Somebody claimed that Stronach was 'smart'. Maybe she is, but I saw her three or four times on TV this campaign, in all-party forums debating the issues of that day. When the discussion deviates at all from the script, she either clams up or sounds retarded by sticking to a script that is not applicable. Whatever her intelligence level, she does not do well under pressure. She'd be eaten alive in a national election campaign.

In order to ascend politically one must ultimately have at least some personal view as to what their public policy would look like.

It seems to me Ms. Stronach's views depend on which powerful friend is leading her through the corridor of power at that given moment.

I had previously noted the lack of a grand vision for Canada in the leaders in this election. God help us if this priveleged uninspired twit were to lead in a campaign.

As in dealing with any bully Chimera, the best way to deal with you is to stand up. Are you really that tough in public as you are when sitting behind your computer screen? Where do you live so one could test how tough you really are?

Nonetheless, if you call my wife/daughter/sister a whore, I would not stand there and contemplate the many different definitions and possible variances. I would be more likely to beat you. And I'm not refering to rythm.

As in dealing with any bully Chimera, the best way to deal with you is to stand up. Are you really that tough in public as you are when sitting behind your computer screen? Where do you live so one could test how tough you really are?

I'll be moving to Calgary soon. Until then, I'll be in Collingwood, ON.

I take it this means you agree that whore is derogatory towards women?

na85, are you defending Chimera's blatant hypocrisy?

He believes that Conservative's are *neanderthals* because of sexist comments, but he is going to *beat* anybody that uses a word he doesn't condone?

How can you defend him? If he had simply taken offence to the word that would have been fine. But to attack a poster on the moral high ground and resort to such childish and empty threats is simply pathetic.

He still makes a valid point. In the modern vernacular, whore is a derogatory term applied to women. Quoting the dictionary is fine and good, but as everyone knows, it's not what you meant but how what you said is interpreted.

PS Chimera, in case I haven't spelled it out clearly enough to you, shove the hypocrisy. Are you really that tough to fight somebody? When was the last time you were in a fight?

How sensitive are all you people?

Nobody said she was a slut, nobody is even talking about sex. The fact remains she totalling prostituted herself by setting aside her morals and political beliefs for personal gain.

It is perfectly fine to use colourful language on the subject. You can take it to mean whatever you want. If people find it offensive so be it. The fact remains the use of the phrasing "whoring" is completely proper in the context that people are using it.

It is a derogatory term period. Whether it is used against men or women.

So tough guy, you threatened to beat up anybody lately?

Is that the way the politically correct police would work? Threaten to *beat* those who say something they disagree with then run and hide when actually challenged?

I take it this means you agree that whore is derogatory towards women?

He believes that Conservative's are *neanderthals* because of sexist comments, but he is going to *beat* anybody that uses a word he doesn't condone?

You seem to have a litlle problem with reading comprehension skills there shoop. Let's review them, now take your time if you have to:

And the only poll she'd have a chance with would be on a stage.

And you're probably still wondering why central Ontario and Toronto voters think big "C" Conservatives like you are social neanderthals.

hmm let's see now "the only poll she'd have a chance with would be on a stage". Now, maybe you're only thirteen and have never been to a strip club, so I'll fill you in: they have brass polls on stages where women dance naked. (pssst....that is what was inferred by the way)

Then I went on to say "you're probably still wondering why central Ontario and Toronto voters think big "C" Conservatives like you are social neanderthals". Now, in case you haven't been paying attention lately, there has been a fair amount of discussion on here as to the "stupidity" of Ontario (and Toronto in particular) voters because they refuse to vote for the conservatives. One of the main reasons for that is that these voters are social liberals. Comments attacking MP's as whores (even if not meant in a sexual way) make the perpetrators seem anti-women. This does not go over well with ontario voters. They see these people as social neanderthals...

Still with me...probably not, but let's continue anyway.

Semantics, my dear sage, semantics. I do cede your point that by using certain proper textbook definitions, it does not have to be a sexist word.

What's the matter there shoopy, missed that little prerequisite there. Now, I am not by nature a violent person, however i do have a temper. If you call my wife/daughter/sister a whore, that will set it off. The point that I was making, and I do believe Sage understood it, is that it doesn't matter how you intend a remark. What matters is how it is received. Try telling your mother/wife/girlfriend tonight that she looks phat. Wait for the reaction, then tell her you meant phat with a "ph". See what I'm getting at. Well, probably not.

Anyway, the way these comments (including wanting to see her naked, how come no-one has said they want to see Petey boy naked?) are tossed around flippantly here leads me to believe that the originators seem to think of women as second-class. Then you complain when the toronto media portrays big "C" conservatives as sexist and socially backwards. You can't have it both ways.

I didn't miss anything. You call Conservatives "neanderthals, sexist and socially backwards" yet try to use Central Ontario/Toronto voters and the media as surrogates for your ignorant comments. Sooooo clever. :rolleyes: Uhhhh, the comments of random anonymous posters on a message board really shouldn't excuse whatever makes up your smugness.

Yes, neanderthal, sexist and socially backwards are just as offensive as using the term whore. If you can't see why then maybe you are the one missing something. Those terms are tossed around just as flippantly yet nobody stands up to dicks like you when you throw them out there.

What I miss is the condescension? There is something the *matter* with me? I *missed* something? I can't get what you are alluding too with the *ph* phat? wtf? *Note to Chimera* the Liberals lost the election, the Canadian public doesn't want them in government anymore. The NDP couldn't get enough people to *lend them their votes* to make them relevant in this parliament.

Why avoid the question? When was the last time you actually *beat* somebody?

Regardless of your excuse, no judge is going to allow you to *beat* somebody, in your little fantasy tough-guy world because they insulted a female relative of yours.

What's the matter there shoopy, missed that little prerequisite there. Now, I am not by nature a violent person, however i do have a temper. If you call my wife/daughter/sister a whore, that will set it off. The point that I was making, and I do believe Sage understood it, is that it doesn't matter how you intend a remark. What matters is how it is received. Try telling your mother/wife/girlfriend tonight that she looks phat. Wait for the reaction, then tell her you meant phat with a "ph". See what I'm getting at. Well, probably not.

Anyway, the way these comments (including wanting to see her naked, how come no-one has said they want to see Petey boy naked?) are tossed around flippantly here leads me to believe that the originators seem to think of women as second-class. Then you complain when the toronto media portrays big "C" conservatives as sexist and socially backwards. You can't have it both ways.

You seem to have a litlle problem with reading comprehension skills there shoop. Let's review them, now take your time if you have to:

And the only poll she'd have a chance with would be on a stage.

And you're probably still wondering why central Ontario and Toronto voters think big "C" Conservatives like you are social neanderthals.

hmm let's see now "the only poll she'd have a chance with would be on a stage". Now, maybe you're only thirteen and have never been to a strip club, so I'll fill you in: they have brass polls on stages where women dance naked. (pssst....that is what was inferred by the way)

Then I went on to say "you're probably still wondering why central Ontario and Toronto voters think big "C" Conservatives like you are social neanderthals". Now, in case you haven't been paying attention lately, there has been a fair amount of discussion on here as to the "stupidity" of Ontario (and Toronto in particular) voters because they refuse to vote for the conservatives. One of the main reasons for that is that these voters are social liberals. Comments attacking MP's as whores (even if not meant in a sexual way) make the perpetrators seem anti-women. This does not go over well with ontario voters. They see these people as social neanderthals...

Still with me...probably not, but let's continue anyway.

whore ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hôr, hr)

A person considered as having compromised principles for personal gain.

intr.v. whored, whor·ing, whores

To compromise one's principles for personal gain.

Politically correct people must not be able to understand one can use the word whore without sexual connotation. I'll give you it was a strong word. But for someone to go from running for the conservative leadership to taking a Liberal cabinet post inside 6 months, its the only word to adequately describe it.

I wasn't the one throwing around the disrespectful sexual comments subsequent to my original comment. I made a point and left it at that. If you cannot understand the feeling of betrayal by conservatives and why we would be upset at her defection for nothing more than political gain (obvious to even a half-wit) I don't think I'll ever be able to make it clear to you. I was actually proud to see our party turning into a party representative of all Canadians and on its way to not just being looked at as a 'boys club'. I thought an upcoming and powerful Stronach at the top of the party would attract more women into to the fold. As far as I am concerned the feeling of betrayal is strong. It's like the political equivalent to finding out your wife is cheating with your ex-best friend.

Shhhh Hicksey,

Chimera will accuse you of *semantics* obliquely threaten to *beat you* than try to backtrack from his threat.

Still no apology for the neanderthals, sexist and socially backwards comments.

Interesting how it is fair to call someone *backwards* just because they hold different views from you.

Politically correct people must not be able to understand one can use the word whore without sexual connotation. I'll give you it was a strong word. But for someone to go from running for the conservative leadership to taking a Liberal cabinet post inside 6 months, its the only word to adequately describe it